It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore officer arrested after slitting throat of lost dog: ‘

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It's pretty sad, but idk if I'm more or less upset that he got arrested. Were any of these officers that killed human beings recently arrested, or just dog killers

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I will simply say this...

If that would happen in front of me, they'd be sending the coroner.

If that would've happened to my dog, before that pig died he'd've seen his extended family die before his eyes.

Derek

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

@ another poster who made the comment about what's not being reported. The exact opposite can be applied as well, which is how many times law enforcement act appropriately and professionally that is never reported in the news.

First off, this guy isn't the opposite of "appropriate and professional" and he's not merely an "idiot" either, he's way beyond those things, he's a monster and should be dealt with accordingly. If you don't see that, you shouldn't be on the force either.

Second, mere "professional and appropriate behavior" is what's expected of you and your fellow officers, it's what you're obligated to provide . . . each and every damn time. That it happens, even that it happens more often than not, isn't good enough.

There are more than enough stories like the one in the op out there for a reasonable person to question what the hell is going on with law enforcement in this country. Maybe if some of you, when faced with a story like this, just condemned the officer, without equivocation and a bunch of whining, maybe even expressed a little sympathy for the dog and it's family, you'd get a little more respect.

I don't feel the least bit sorry for you or any of the other members of your gang, I do feel sorry for this dog and it's owner.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

First off, this guy isn't the opposite of "appropriate and professional" and he's not merely an "idiot" either, he's way beyond those things, he's a monster and should be dealt with accordingly. If you don't see that, you shouldn't be on the force either.

First off my comment was not directed at the idiot cop. It was directed at the media and what they report on, which is to say they report the bad and ignore the good. Maybe you should read AND understand my post before responding and stop trying to portray my post as something its not. The comment made insinuated that the cops do so many bad things that it never gets reported. My argument was there are a lot of good things officers do that aren't reported either.

Second, mere "professional and appropriate behavior" is what's expected of you and your fellow officers, it's what you're obligated to provide . . . each and every damn time. That it happens, even that it happens more often than not, isn't good enough.
Law Enforcements purpose is to protect society as a whole and not the individual. As for obligated, you would be wrong. Contrary to popular belief Law Enforcement does not have to stand there and get yelled at. While our authority was entrusted to us by the citizens we serve, there is a chain of command that needs to be used when it comes to officers actions. With that said if you are going to act like a dick to me for no reason at all or because its based on ignorance about law enforcement / judicial system or simply because you hate cops, I am not going to kiss your ass in the process.

There are more than enough stories like the one in the op out there for a reasonable person to question what the hell is going on with law enforcement in this country. Maybe if some of you, when faced with a story like this, just condemned the officer, without equivocation and a bunch of whining, maybe even expressed a little sympathy for the dog and it's family, you'd get a little more respect.

Point out where I supported the officer's actions? I merely objected to being lumped in with the idiot just as you and others would take offense if I lumped you guys in as pedophiles simply because a pedophile broke the law. As for understanding law enforcement, you will need to understand the basics of how our government at all levels operate and must understand that state laws vary from state to state. That also means a Supreme court ruling in one state can get a completely opposite ruling by the supreme court of another state. More times than not I see people bitch about law enforcement while taking absolutely no time / self initiative to understand the laws in question.

You want to hold people accountable then maybe you should know what the hell your talking about first.

I don't feel the least bit sorry for you or any of the other members of your gang, I do feel sorry for this dog and it's owner.

Cops like the one in the op make my job extremely difficult. People like you compound that difficulty by a factor of 10 by trying to pass of an incident as a blanket statement encompassing all law enforcement.

I posted on the topic, you failed to read my post and understand it, then you acted like an ass while lumping me into your viewpoint of everything you hate about law Enforcement. Maybe if you relied less on your hatred of law enforcement and more on your common sense where the action of one does not equate into action by all you might get somewhere.

The manner you presented yourself just made you no better than the cop in the op. If you are going to rail against a mindset maybe you should make sure you are not using the very mindset you railed against.

edit on 21-6-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Your latest post above only confirms what your first post hinted at and if you're representative, they only provide more evidence that the problem with law enforcement is systemic and it's ingrained in cop culture/mentality. Its disturbing that you can't see the problems with what you're saying and the attitude that comes across in your posts.

For example:

The manner you presented yourself just made you no better than the cop in the op. If you are going to rail against a mindset maybe you should make sure you are not using the very mindset you railed against.

No, coming to the conclusion that something is seriously wrong with law enforcement in this country and writing about it on an internet forum is not the equivalent of butchering a family pet in the manner this cop did. It's most definitely not the same mindset and it certainly doesn't make me "no better than the cop in the op" That you can't make the distinction suggests that you, like the officer in the op, don't belong in law enforcement.

I wonder how many of your fellow officers believe that writing what I wrote "makes me no better" than a cop that butchers a family pet in cold blood or that it involves "the same mindset" as that involved in his actions. They shouldn't be allowed to wear a badge either.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

My post above confirms that people are only go to see what they want and nothing else. The tone of your posts are that of a person who so hates law enforcement that you will go to any length to prove a failed point. You compounded that by labeling me as something im not.

Yes there are issues with some of what law enforcement officers do however bitching about it while doing nothing to resolve it makes no sense and is a waste of time.

Unfortunately there are people who share your mindset towards law enforcement. A little education on the part of anti law enforcement groups to understand the laws would go a long way. However, you have already made your mind up about all law enforcement so no amount of education on this topic is going to help you.

I particularly enjoy your attempt to determine who should wear a badge and who should not. In order to fix the problem you need to identify it and develop solutions. Constantly complaining in a bubble of intentional ignorance does not resolve the problem.

Also you should maybe go back and actually read your own posts being you are spewing a one sided bias. Out of curiosity exactly what contact with law enforcement did you have in your past to hate them so much today.

Failure to educate ones self on the law / government / judicial system can easily be grouped into your blanket cop statements. If your car breaks down you don't go to McDonalds and yell at the employees..

If you want to try and learn a little and maybe start an adult conversation how about you list of some items that you would change and why. If all you are going to do is yell at the moon then don't bother.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

First, the majority of your post is made up of straw man arguments and false characterizations. I can't say as I'm surprised.

And second:

When someone makes a statement/comparison like the one above, it speaks volumes about their intelligence, their character, their judgment . . . and their lack thereof. It tells me all I need to know about them as both a cop and a man.

Among other things, the statement I've quoted above, your straw man arguments and your false characterizations tell me you're just not the kind of person/man/cop that's worthwhile having a conversation with.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

First, the majority of your post is made up of straw man arguments and false characterizations. I can't say as I'm surprised.

And yet you offer absolutely nothing to support your claim here.

And second:

When someone makes a statement/comparison like the one above, it speaks volumes about their intelligence, their character, their judgment . . . and their lack thereof. It tells me all I need to know about them as both a cop and a man.

Don't look now, but you once again did exactly what you accuse me of.

Among other things, the statement I've quoted above, your straw man arguments and your false characterizations tell me you're just not the kind of person/man/cop that's worthwhile having a conversation with.

Yet again you make a claim with nothing to support it.

Since you are incapable of articulating what your issues are with Law Enforcement, opting instead to just bash and deflect, you are correct - there is no reason to try and hold a conversation with you.

Have fun hunting your whale Ahab.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
A Baltimore police officer was arrested and charged with animal cruelty for slitting the throat of a dog called in as a possible stray.

A woman called in the report of a stray that attempted to bite her and she watched as officers secured the dog with poles.

She said once the dog was secured an officer approached the dog, yelled I am going to gut this fu@#ing thing and slit its throat with a knife.

These are the people we are supposed to call when we need help. God help us all

She was initially relieved when police arrived, but she noticed that the police were aggressively using dog poles to contain the dog.

“You could hear the dog screaming and crying in pain,” she said. “I did see one officer that had been extremely aggressive that did have his knee into her chest that was tightening the noose. It seemed [like they were doing it] relentlessly and unnecessarily.”

After the dog, named “Nala,” was secured with a dog pole, Officer Jeffrey Bolger approached the dog and slit its throat. According to the charging documents, before cutting Nala’s throat, Bolger yelled, “I am going to #ing gut this thing!”

www.rawstory.com...

Started a new thread to discuss the Animal & Livestock Mortality Insurance strategy, to stop LEO's from civilian dog here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOneElectric

Don't let that happen to you. Or all of us for that matter

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: alienjuggalo
The accused has been with the department since 1992.
After his arrest, he was released on his own recognizance.
No bail required? I will take this as a sign that this dude will get a slap on the wrist and be back at work soon, even if it is at a different cop shop.
If it were you or I, we would have to post $50,000 bail, get a jail sentence plus a fine.... and the ASPCA would be calling for our heads on a plate.

True that!

This is typical SOP when it comes to law enforcement. No accountability for their crimes. Don't be fooled by those authorities in the press conference. They were saying what the public wanted to hear knowing full well this criminal cop would be released (damage control). And what of his brethren accomplices? No mention of their complicity in this criminal act.

Oh well all will be forgotten with time, right America?

Yeah they know that.

So they continue doing how they do.

I'm so sick of the apathy.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I would look into this bastards past history. If you can cold bloodily kill a Animal the way he did dare i say he might have or could have done a Human in the same fashion.

I would be seizing his computer and turning over his house and back garden....Freak.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I agree. There must be more to this (fill in the blank)s past. If the eyes are the window to a mans soul,...his soul must be pure evil.

IMO, he has no business being a LEO, should be fired and never allowed to work in law enforcement again. The only employment this idiot should be allowed to have is making license plates,... alone in a secluded room.

edit on 16-11-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
This is a little more missed up then just shooting the dog. The amount of thought that has to go in to using a knife on anything means you know what your doing with it. Has anyone see anything on why he used a knife? Cause it makes me worry over his mental state, and the damage that he could cause with the position that he holds.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join