It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore officer arrested after slitting throat of lost dog: ‘

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
A Baltimore police officer was arrested and charged with animal cruelty for slitting the throat of a dog called in as a possible stray.

A woman called in the report of a stray that attempted to bite her and she watched as officers secured the dog with poles.

She said once the dog was secured an officer approached the dog, yelled I am going to gut this fu@#ing thing and slit its throat with a knife.

These are the people we are supposed to call when we need help. God help us all

She was initially relieved when police arrived, but she noticed that the police were aggressively using dog poles to contain the dog.

“You could hear the dog screaming and crying in pain,” she said. “I did see one officer that had been extremely aggressive that did have his knee into her chest that was tightening the noose. It seemed [like they were doing it] relentlessly and unnecessarily.”

After the dog, named “Nala,” was secured with a dog pole, Officer Jeffrey Bolger approached the dog and slit its throat. According to the charging documents, before cutting Nala’s throat, Bolger yelled, “I am going to #ing gut this thing!”

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If I ever saw something like that.. God help me. What a psyco piece of sh**.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo
The accused has been with the department since 1992.
After his arrest, he was released on his own recognizance.
No bail required? I will take this as a sign that this dude will get a slap on the wrist and be back at work soon, even if it is at a different cop shop.
If it were you or I, we would have to post $50,000 bail, get a jail sentence plus a fine.... and the ASPCA would be calling for our heads on a plate.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Don't you just love those guys.

People talk about the one percent and all that stuff and yet...

What about all those other nutters running around?

I console myself with a soft reminder...

I have been born in an asylum.

Switch on the telly...beheadings, bombings and killings.

Its everywhere...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Shouldn't they make him grill it and eat it? Maybe he just wanted the head for a trophy. If neither, he is just a freaky man in uniform.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I can accept that sometimes, an animal can be so out of control, that drastic and terminal measures have to be applied to prevent harm coming to people who are either bystanders or trying to deal with the situation. I can accept that sometimes there just is no choice but to kill an animal. But to slit an animals throat, and watch it bleed out, is utterly unnecessary, and is never justifiable when a pistol is available to take the single, immediately effective kill shot.

This is utterly appalling.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I can accept that sometimes, an animal can be so out of control, that drastic and terminal measures have to be applied to prevent harm coming to people who are either bystanders or trying to deal with the situation.

I thought you were talking about the cop to begin with. He's a bigger animal than the poor dog that was murdered.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I find this story incredible. Don't they do psych exams on police recruits?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Something is not right here,

(Delusional message to the controllers: I wont loose it the way you want me to.)

This thread tops it of,

Nala is the name of my sisters Dalmation, so reading what the cop said and did and then seeing what the dog was called made me gasp for air for a sec.

simply cannot post, I keep deleting because If I don't ATS will or ban me and have authorities knocking at my door as the thoughts I want pass on are not of sane and rational manner and a lot more monstrous than what the officer said prior to doing his 'job'.

Why do I click on these threads?

I know their purpose now, yet I still allow them manipulate me into posting this above.

I really want to forget the name Jeffrey Bolger.

But that is the purpose of these pieces, Some wont want to forget that name because of repeated incidents like this of cops killing animals and eventually take some sort of action.

Its a manipulation to make us mad by naming officers so someone goes out and shoots the cop which gives the authorities the right act even more viscous than they do.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I do not understand situations such as this. First, since when do LEO's carry knives? That is news to me.

Secondly and more importantly, what are the other officers doing when this happened? Were they cheering him on? Did one of them actually take the guy down and arrest him? Did they all quietly go back to the precinct and he was arrested later?

In my mind, the second he said 'I am going to gut this thing' and brandished a knife he should've been taken down by his fellow LEO's.

Good on the city for arresting him, but if the charges are dismissed or if he keeps his job then this is just another slap in the face to dogs killed by police and the public as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

From one of the links...

Police arrested Showalter for interfering with the investigation when he confronted them about the situation. Showalter said he was just asking what happened to his dog.

Ask why you dog was killed and get arrested. Geez...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

OMG what is wrong with cops today?!?!!?

Do they NOT go through a rigorous screening process along with a mental check? It would appear they dont! This is just sick. Imagine what this guy would do to another human if he is so willing to do this to an animal. I hope he rots in prison.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
That's pretty funny. I mean, at a certain point I think I have to laugh at the fact that some people care more about the inhumane treatment of animals more so than they care about the inhumane treatment of humans. Though a wrong is a wrong and I'm smiling for another reason too: These stories seem to grow in their surreal nature. " A police officer slits a dog's throat " I would, at one point, have said, "No way." Now, well, now I simply nod and say, "Yup."

Interesting changes are occurring in my perception of the world, law enforcement, and general happenings about the place. I wonder, am I just growing callous, or are these events elevating in their severity and frequency to the extent that my subconscious has no choice but to interpret them as every day things.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheOneElectric

I fear that becoming a cynic and seeing these things as everyday occurrences are the same thing in reality, TheOneElectric. There have been more examples of barbarism from policemen being reported over the last little while, and many of them have absolutely no justification. That said, there was an awful lot of unjustifiable behaviour from the police during the Occupy protests as well. However, there was public condemnation of most of those incidents, so they did not go unnoticed, just unpunished.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

Yes and this is exactly what they look for.

See: The Rapist and the Cop

For all your psych eval questions.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Seems if they drool enough- the job is theirs !

I realy do feel for the kids of the current generation.
We were taught to trust Police - back in the day.
Hence we were brought up - believing in the power of good versus evil.

Even the cartoons and TV shows were reinforcing this - safety net - vibe.

Illusions are hard to let go of.

God speed.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

City Police Officer Accused Of Slitting The Throat Of Dog - CBS Baltimore

Thought I would add local media coverage.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

originally posted by: Restricted

Yes and this is exactly what they look for.

See: The Rapist and the Cop

For all your psych eval questions.

No its not what they look for.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Here he is, Baltimore's finest. Look where his throat should be, nothing but blubber. This is your stereotypical pig. He has that crazed look they get from taking steroids. Such a tough guy. I hope he gets some prison time.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join