It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Leaves Door Open On Marijuana Legalization

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Er...uh...yeah...maybe.If anyone considers her babble for any kind of meaningful commitment forget it.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

So, you disagree that soda, fast food, cigarettes, loads of salt and animal fats are unhealthy? Is that your point?

I am saying the current push for mj points out lack of consistency for the current push to get rid of 'unhealthy' things.

Lots of articles around the web about that stuff.

If people choose to look it up.
edit on 18-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: starfoxxx
That is a pretty wide open interpretation, what she has said is nothing good for legalization efforts AT ALL..

Don't forget. She also said she wants to see how Colorado and Washington state works out as regards recreational use. Sounds like the door's pretty open to me. "Let's see how it goes" sounds pretty positive.

She gave a hailing yes to gay marriage but someone smoking pot is not?

Gay marriage supporters can't put much faith in a lets just see how it goes for another what will make them happy? 15 20 25 30 years.. it is an unacceptable response.

To be fair, she could do a drastic flip-flop on legalization just like she did on gay marriage.

As a sociopath, she has the remarkable ability to mimc whoever she desires to manipulate at any given time.

“Marriage has got historic, religious and moral content that goes back to the beginning of time and I think a marriage is as a marriage has always been, between a man and a woman.” -Hillary Rodham Clinton

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This speech was carefully constructed to appease people no matter what their opinion on marijuana is. The extreme medical condition part gives support to people who are against marijuana use and the wait and see part about recreational use is for the pro-marijuana crowd. The only thing this speech tells me about HRC is that she is a crafty politician and skilled at double speak. Though because it tells me this, I immediately don't trust her (I know I know, she's a politician and I shouldn't trust her anyways). It would be nice if politicians would give definitive stances for once...
edit on 18-6-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Thank you for that post, took the words right out of my mouth. Remember Obama, he was a big iffy when it came to legalization yet he hasnt done squat for it in reality. They look to appease both sides and then look to whoever is yelling the loudest by putting the most money in their coffers. Its a damn shame somebody cant just say "Yes, Im for it" or "No, Im against that" on every issue that comes up. Not some wishy washy b.s. that just aims to get them votes on either side of the issue. She is a power hungry person and that is all we are looking at right here.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

She is full of hot air, there is more research on MJ than on any Drug being controlled by Big Pharma.

Mj taken in a tincture form or consumed kills the Parasites which give us all cancer and all other diseases by being the host of bacteria which are the hosts of viruses.

Apricot seeds do some of the same thing,so do Black Walnut tree husks dried when green

Eating a live food diet also does this to a lesser degree.

Fasting also does this to a lesser degree,it starves the adults.

Native North American Indians used a Swear lodge to raise the internal body temp so high that the parasites were killed off.

Research the late Great Dr. Hulda Clarks research for history WILL recognise her as a Pioneer and one of our greatest Humanitarian contributors.

This series of Global changes we are seeing develop are much more far reaching than most realise and are not stoppable now.

GMO foods must be stopped for the cures to all diseases are foind in plants and they know it very well.

These are Humanitarian Terrorists we are dealing with.

Things are changing so fast Globally and with the advent of the internet Global politics and action/reaction dynamics are entering new ground,NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO PROCEED AGRRESSIVELY, so everyone is forced to go slow,this is allowing the internet to spread so much truth so far and wide that we are seeing the death knell of the PTB.

This tide will not be reversed and any and all people connected to the past Cabals will be outed and many will be held accountable much much sooner than they ever thought possible.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
You don't need Hillary clinton to legalize weed, clearly

it's legal in colorado and washington state, so..... all it takes apparently is individual states to implement their own laws on the matter, and to disregard the fed

so if you want it legalized don't wait on Clinton or any other of those politicians, do it yourself grassroots like the people of those 2 states did it

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
And if you believe anything she (or any political candidate) has to say, you can go back to Obama's original campaign and count the blatant lies. If you can count that high.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Has the adage "Slow and steady wins the race" ever occurred to anyone here? We already know full well that it takes time for society to change it's mind on something, and the rate of change for laws takes longer. Anyone with half a brain and reasoning skills knows no medical or recreational law changes are going to happen overnight. It just doesn't magically happen like that. We've taken how many years exactly now to have the number of states we do have that allow for medicinal use? And the ones that relaxed recreational use? It's a slow process, especially considering several generations of people with differing opinions on it, in any usage, have to find a middle ground to go forward from.

We don't snap our fingers and do a social 180. Time is necessary. We're pretty close to the paradigm shift pro-cannabis people have been waiting for, but as one myself, I'm well aware that we're not quite there yet. Hillary's wait & see comments on rec use in the states that went there, the comments on medicinal use, that's progress. So freakin' sorry legalization's not going at breakneck speed, people. Have patience. It's been slow, but very much worthwhile so far.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
The big Pharma don't like people to grow their own medicine and start living a healthy life using natural plants,fruits,Vegetables,etc,...the day people start to cure cancer with juices and spices,calm themselves with meditation and occasional herbal relievers and quit chemotherapy and going through different harmful scans,would be the day they have to find another source for an insanely huge income that they make out of the peoples misery and dependence to their expensive addictive drugs and treatments.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I grew up one day and stopped smoking that crap, y'all do realize this won't make your corner dirtball dealer any money don't you?.

MEDICAL MARIJUANA isn't recreational marijuana and won't make your using recreationally any more legal than it is, and if you don't think driving stoned will be an issue you couldn't be much more wrong.

If reefer is legalized it will cost more than it does now out on the street, they already know what a ridiculous amount of money stoners will pay for it, so they will charge that plus tax and a lot of you won't be able to afford it anyway.

Wishful thinking....yes.....Be carful what you wish for, you might get it.

Marijuana is addictive whether you wish to admit this or not, I know many people who can't quit the stuff any easier than quitting cigarettes or booze.
edit on 22-6-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: whatever

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

MEDICAL MARIJUANA isn't recreational marijuana and won't make your using recreationally any more legal than it is, and if you don't think driving stoned will be an issue you couldn't be much more wrong.

Exactly. People are just not thinking.

Marijuana is addictive whether you wish to admit this or not, I know many people who can't quit the stuff any easier than quitting cigarettes or booze.

Actually, on that, it's actually not nearly as addictive as cigarettes. I smoked weed for a while about 10 years ago. When I decided to quit, it wasn't nearly as hard to quit as it was to quit my 3 pack a day cigarette habit. Oh yeah. It wasn't as easy as just putting it down but it was WAY easier than cigarettes.

I think the thing is that most people who smoke weed just don't want to quit. Getting high is nice. Smoking cigarettes doesn't do anything but tear up your lungs and make you want another cigarette. Eventually, a smoker gets tired of feeding that habit and getting nothing. Weed actually does put you into a different state of mind and some people are very creative and their brains work differently. I won't say better because it all depends on the person. I found that weed made me a better creative writer when I used to smoke it.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I think amongst all bad habits,weed is one of the less harmful and it's negative effects varies depending the personality of the user and the amount one uses...But it is still a bad habit and we shouldn't be glorifying it like we do not do so about sugar,fast foods or cigarets.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
So, you disagree that soda, fast food, cigarettes, loads of salt and animal fats are unhealthy? Is that your point?

I would add to that by saying smoking mj is also unhealthy. Can you honestly say that inhaling a carcinogen is good for you? I can foresee a time in the future, after its been legalized, someone will come out with evidence of the health risks of smoking mj and they'll add it to the list along with a Big Gulp. That doesn't mean it should be made illegal again but, to Neo's point, people should be allowed to make their own decisions.
edit on 22-6-2014 by LogicalGraphitti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I'm all for legalization. But legal or not, it's still not a problem for most that care about marihuana.

My problem with this is, why are we still debating as to which asshat we are going to vote for?

Based on promises?

Get real everyone. Why are we STILL discussing the hopes or dreams that one would have based on the faith that one would place on ANY politician that we even GET to choose from?

Everything is a joke!
And yes, mostly thanks to marihuana I wised up to that fact almost 20 years ago.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: shapur
I think amongst all bad habits,weed is one of the less harmful and it's negative effects varies depending the personality of the user and the amount one uses...But it is still a bad habit and we shouldn't be glorifying it like we do not do so about sugar,fast foods or cigarets.

Why? People aren't smart enough to make their own decisions? Maybe that's the real problem. We don't hold people solely accountable if they smoke cigarettes and get lung cancer. We blame the cigarette companies. We blame the person who gave them their first cigarette. We blame the "cool" factor. We blame society for making it cool. Anything but admit they made a bad choice and paid the price.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join