It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Leaves Door Open On Marijuana Legalization

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
If this is in the wrong forum plz move..

Huff post full interview

Hillary Clinton said Tuesday she supports medical marijuana "for people who are in extreme medical conditions" and wants to "wait and see" how recreational pot works in Colorado and Washington state.

There are younger people here who could help me understand this and answer it," Clinton began. "At the risk of committing radical candor, I have to say I think we need to be very clear about the benefits of marijuana use for medicinal purposes. I don't think we've done enough research yet, although I think for people who are in extreme medical conditions and who have anecdotal evidence that it works, there should be availability under appropriate circumstances. But I do think we need more research because we don't know how it interacts with other drugs."

Clinton also sounded supportive of new Colorado and Washington laws that have legalized recreational marijuana for adults.

"On recreational, states are the laboratories of democracy," Clinton said. "We have at least two states that are experimenting with that right now. I want to wait and see what the evidence is."

So now this. This looks good.

Would just love to see more in my own country open doors to Legalize.

More Money to the State and less People in jail.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

edit on 18-6-2014 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Not the only door she's left open...

extreme medical conditions

That is a pretty wide open interpretation, what she has said is nothing good for legalization efforts AT ALL..

Obama was all for it, yet allowed the federal government to raid business and private for their use only growers..

Insane, they are all a bunch of liars..

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: kadara_dk

"for people who are in extreme medical conditions"

I don't thinks she's leaving any doors open. All the usefulness that marijuana has, medically, industrially, etc. and all she's focusing on is "extreme medical".

Hillary will be just another Big Pharma and Big Oil puppet.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
LOL!
You believed a campaign lie!
Wait and see....Wait and do nothing more like.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
That is a pretty wide open interpretation, what she has said is nothing good for legalization efforts AT ALL..

Don't forget. She also said she wants to see how Colorado and Washington state works out as regards recreational use. Sounds like the door's pretty open to me. "Let's see how it goes" sounds pretty positive.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

But I do think we need more research because we don't know how it interacts with other drugs."

So basically it's cool with her if…IF…it doesn't interfere with the Pharmaceutical Industry's business. What world does she live in…doesn't she know that most people wanting medical marijuana don't want to take those crappy chemical filled pills.

Hillary Clinton said Tuesday she supports medical marijuana "for people who are in extreme medical conditions" and wants to "wait and see" how recreational pot works in Colorado and Washington state.

Well Hillary maybe the federal government should stop interfering with those states so you can actually see what happens…as of now your only seeing how much money and property you can steal from them!

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Don't forget. She also said she wants to see how Colorado and Washington state works out as regards recreational use. Sounds like the door's pretty open to me. "Let's see how it goes" sounds pretty positive.

She gave a hailing yes to gay marriage but someone smoking pot is not?

Gay marriage supporters can't put much faith in a lets just see how it goes for another what will make them happy? 15 20 25 30 years.. it is an unacceptable response.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The simple facts are thus.....
Cannabis is a DEPROGRAMMING drug.......
It works to strip away the artificial reality which society imposes on us.
It helps to see far more clearly what is phoney about Hillarys world.
It could revolutionise government should it ever get widespread among the 9 to 5 crowd....
NO...they wont legalize without a huge struggle (which we have been going through for decades already....)
When the people find out through experience how the government has lied over and over about it.....they are gonna be even further deprogrammed.....
The possibilities for human freedom are enormous....

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

She gave a hailing yes to gay marriage but someone smoking pot is not?

As millions of people do, Hillary "evolved" on her gay marriage opinions. She hasn't always supported it. I say give her the chance to evolve on legalization. That's what the whole country is doing on both issues. I think this is a good sign.
edit on 6/18/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hillary leaves the door open.
Rand straight up full on kicks it down.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
too rest... I don´t say I believe in Hillary.. but more people turning away from the "War on drugs" will help us turning the TIDE. about what should be legalized..

I personally believe that most things in life should be up to the person...

so if I wanted to smoke Marijhuana. It should be my business, not the State or the Country..

BUT we have LAWS in my country.. so if did that I could end up in JAIL!!

just saw a Danish documentary. about a Dane. who took to Germany ( I think or a country where medical Marijhuana is Legal ). then she meet a guy, got married. now she is divorced, and wanna come back to Denmark IF she could get Medical Marijhuana..

BUT the problem is atm in her case. THE LAW..

But Maybe HIllary is just trying to get some Votes fore her campaign 2016.

a reply to: stirling

I follow what you said. but can´t go in details because of T&C..

but u have today 20 states with Medical and 2 states with full legalize Marijhuana,. so something have begun to move the TIDE.. but slowly..

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm concerned that, even if it were to become legalized under a Hillary admin...it would come with stipulations that "One may not inhale".
Thank you, Bill!

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I find this hysterical.

Can't have a big gulp.

Can't have a big mac.

Can't have a cigarette.

Can't have salt

Can't have that transfat.

But you sure as hell can get that mj!.

What epic cognitive dissonance.
edit on 18-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I find this hysterical.

Can't have a big gulp.

Can't have a big mac.

Can't have a cigarette.

Can't have salt

Can't have that transfat.

You know what I find hysterical? NONE of the above is illegal. You and I CAN have any one of them, anytime we want... yet you're saying you CAN'T... Talk about dissonance! LOL

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CALGARIAN

Spot on. Ron Paul has been saying legalize for decades, but he was called a dangerous, crazy old man. The MSM is doing everything they can to promote Hillary's Presidential bid.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

You know what I find hysterical? NONE of the above is illegal. You and I CAN have any one of them, anytime we want... yet you're saying you CAN'T... Talk about dissonance! LOL

Miss the current health kick this country is on?

Anything deemed 'bad' is 'unhealthy'.

Except when it comes to this topic.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

Exactly. If she wins(lets hope not) you will hear nothing more about it. It's a ploy to get the votes of the stoned because this liar knows that many Americans want it legalized. She is scum. And I don't think she should be allowed to run. Those Clintons already had the presidency once and that was enough. We need someone who has some class. Who isn't an employee of AIPAC or an agent of Israel.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Miss the current health kick this country is on?

There's a HUGE difference between being on a health kick and saying you "CAN'T" have something. I quite like the health kick this country is on. Eating right and exercise are great things. If you don't think so, you're FREE to smoke up, drink sugar, eat only processed or fast foods, etc. Just because the country is on a health kick doesn't mean you have to play along...

Anything deemed 'bad' is 'unhealthy'.

So, you disagree that soda, fast food, cigarettes, loads of salt and animal fats are unhealthy? Is that your point?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join