It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lies My President Told Me

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I neither think that any world leader lying to their people is ok, or that the leader of the United States is a legitimate candidate for the leader of the free world. There are faaaaar and away too many prisoners in the USA for its leader to be named as such.

What I do think, is that the problem is not any one leader, but the way governments operate with regard to how seriously they take the duty of representing the wishes and the needs of the electorate. But the problem is utterly across the board, it is not any one nation which needs to sort out their political state, but all of them. No one nation should begin the process, but all of them at once, and there is no nation which is most in need of it, or least in need of a change.

The US is no more important than any other nation in that regard, I can assure you.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Good lord grow the hell up. Politics is all lies. Always has been and always will be.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity

I was joking but not now.

I find it a bit offensive how residents of lesser countries feel they can tell the best country how to operate.

Perhaps Canadians should focus on their own government. Then when it's perfect they can judge.

Last I heard there was an alcoholic crack smoking mayor on the loose in Canada.

Wait ?

What's not to like about Canada ?

They make some good tv shows, and they create some of the best threads on here.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'd be more shocked for a politician who told the truth, if one told me that 2+2=4 i'd get my calculator out and check it

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Good lord grow the hell up. Politics is all lies. Always has been and always will be.

So it's all ok with you?

Ok then.

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I was joking but not now.

I find it a bit offensive how residents of lesser countries feel they can tell the best country how to operate.

Perhaps Canadians should focus on their own government. Then when it's perfect they can judge.

Last I heard there was an alcoholic crack smoking mayor on the loose in Canada.

Oh, Please elaborate on how Canada is a "LESSER" Country.

As America believes ALL Countries are LESSER...this will be interesting.

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I don't have a problem with Canada.

I love their.........um.....well I can't think of anything right now but I'm sure I like something about Canada.

Hey! I know they're better than..........no.....nevermind.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I love their.........um.....well I can't think of anything right now but I'm sure I like something about Canada.

Every country has their issues.

Some more than others.

But what happens here DOES EFFECT Canada in a big way.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I'm just messing with ya Jude.

Don't take me too seriously.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Of course what happens in the U.S., China, or Russia and a few other countries affects most of the world.

That doesn't mean some person from some obscure country can advise us about our government.

(lol.)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Yup,

Good argument.

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I said I was only joking with you Jude.

Take it easy I didn't mean to offend you or piss u off.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Of course what happens in the U.S., China, or Russia and a few other countries affects most of the world.

That doesn't mean some person from some obscure country can advise us about our government.

(lol.)

Who's aDvising?

Just another World citizen observing.

But if you can't take factual observation....

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Many of us have grown up.

Hence, this thread.

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Whatever I apologized twice.

If you want to be pissed then so be it.

Sorry.

edit on 16-6-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

I think you hit the nail on the head mate. Above all else - the majority of Americans still enjoy a quality of life that is not worth risking losing by rioting in the streets. Granted people are struggling and there are problems everywhere but all in all it has not yet gotten to the point where rioting in the streets is better of for the peoples well being than just sitting at home is.

I agree though - people are slowly waking up as to just how hijacked our government really is and soon yes the riots will come and they will be bad especially if this engineered economic crash comes through to fruition.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

But...This Presidency is by far the most destructive to not only the people but the World. If you feel a need to support him, go ahead. But I think you know this.

You are really showing your limited knowledge of American president's with this post. Bush was a far worst president than Obama. After all he is the one that started this "war on terror" based on nothing but lies.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

How is that buster ?

HOW ?

Patriot Act still around bigger than ever as it's powers were expanded.

With the 'affordable' care act 'big goverment brother watching us' with the creation of its 'datahub'.

The NSA is bigger, badder than ever remember that dude 'Snowden' ?

The current guy 'came, and saw, and Stevens, and company died' in Benghazi.

We have the current administrations gun running to Mexico to now where that instability that created sent 'thousands' of children to US.

AL Queda is alive, and well and kicking arse, and taking names in the ME, and even selling franchise fees, and created groups like ISIS.

The current guy droned more than the previous guy.

The current guy has doubled what GW spent.

The current guy is crying about the climate.

And ole GWB never started the GD war on terror.

OPEN up a GD history book instead of peddling intellectual dishonesty.

factreal.wordpress.com...
directorblue.blogspot.com...

LIes ?

Yeah there are lies that have been told.

After all he is the one that started this "war on terror" based on nothing but lies.

And this is the biggest GD one of them all.
edit on 16-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You're dead on it brother. I allowed myself to be hoodwinked by this charlatan- and that's exactly what Obama is. A fraud, a snake oil salesman. He went from campaigning about government transparency, to legitimizing all the surveillance and "anti-terrorist" programs Bush initiated. How many Nobel Peace Prize winners have signed off on as many killings? Killings where the intended target isn't 100% identified until after they've sucked down missile fired off from some drone? What U.S. President has so doggedly attacked investigative journalists (Barrett Brown, James Rosen, Michael Hastings, etc.) who dared to cast a light on the shadows of the state?

You can't love George Bush and hate Obama, or vice-versa. If one is consistent in what the truly believe in, then it follows you love them both or hate them both: they're practically the same, exact, president. (Personally, I despise them both.) Hopefully, people will one day realize this once they stop slurping up the party line propaganda coming and start thinking and forming opinions for themselves. The state of U.S. partisan political bickering and back-biting is far more immature, uninformed, and vapid than two rival middle school cliques fighting it out in the lunchroom.

The allegory of the cave is fitting to describe the U.S. right now- some of us have found our way out, most are still inside content to look at shadows. God damn, I wish the republican/democrat/liberal/conservative apologists everywhere would wake up and realize the battle isn't with one-another, rather it's the government vs. the people. I suspect the situation is essentially the same there in Canada and elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

" I think in a few more years you will start to see the riots. Don't worry it's coming and it won't be pretty. "

No , it Certainly Won't .

i297.photobucket.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join