It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photoshopped photos of jihadists in Iraq???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
am I just paranoid or are these photos released of jihadists look like they've been photoshopped....& some really bad photoshopping at that....

Photoshopped photos of jihadists executing troops...

they are from an article in the DailyMaiL that supposively show pictures posted on a militant website appearring to show masked fighters of the Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS)

Gee,, I wonder if that militant website is even legit....

Images removed per copyright owner's request.

I'm not saying theres not killing going on in Iraq..... I'm saying these photoshopped photos were released too further an agenda,, thats all....
edit on 15-6-2014 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Blowback

Can you point out specifically the photoshopped areas. I'm not seeing them, the images posted look untouched to me.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Would you be so kind as to explain how you know that the execution photos are photoshopped?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Just like marketing has the effect to make people buy sh!t they don't need, propaganda has the effect of creating a reaction in people they shouldn't be having. It's really sad, and is effecting more people in my opinion then guns are. But of course there isn't a statistic for this.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Thisbseth

i think you're right, but I'm curious, do you think the photos are fake and thus propaganda? Or do you think the photos are real and being used by ISIS for propaganda?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952
I'm not saying they all are photoshopped ,, some of them could be staged,, others ,just people on the way to work in the back of a truck,,,looks like members of a soccer/football team in some...

I perfer not to make an opinion of who is actually behind it at this time....

a reply to: myselfaswell
Can you point out specifically the photoshopped areas

the first 3 photos have obivously been altered,,,,the guy standing on the bumper of the truck has a huge white section on the left side.....the second one, the guy looks like a miget compared to the truck,,, I suppose its possible that he is sitting but it doesnt jive with it & when you zoom in on his sleeves you'll see blur right next too prefect pixels.....the third has alll the telltail signs of a white pixel outline around the guy holding the flag.

a reply to: lightedhype
I'm not saying theres not killing going on in Iraq..... I'm saying these photoshopped photos were released too further an agenda,, thats all....
edit on 15-6-2014 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Everything I see points to legitimate a**holes; pics included.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
the first three in your op do look like bad photoshopping, the fourth one maybe,
the photos of the captured Iraqi soldiers at the link looks to be real.

now as far as being executed kinda hard to say because in the last one of them, there are a couple "soldiers" that are sitting up and moving around. plus the there is no blood seen at all. could be before they were shot or staged.
edit on 15-6-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
There have been people tweeting that people are along side the road that have been beheaded ... are they fake also or are these people just not telling the truth.

Like these people really need to make stuff up.

edit on 15-6-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Thanks, that's the sort of information I was hoping for. Does it matter that the first three have a Copyright Associated Press symbol on them? And the fourth seems to be copyrighted by the French news agency. I'm sure that could be photoshopped as well.

But, as you say, "kinda hard to say."

thanks for the thought.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Why would they need to photo shop any photos of ISIL executions and the like? I assure you there is 100s of photos and hours of very authentic brutal footage in which the MSM could take screen grabs from if they needed such photos.

What is happening in Iraq now is very real. In fact, MSM is downplaying the carnage if anything; they had to mention the mass execution of the soldiers today but before that they've been very quiet about the systemic execution squads killing freely at random....

I applaud any attempt to expose disinfo. But i simply feel in this case that there is no need to photoshop as the situation is very real and there is so much footage out there on LL....

Then again, MSM could very easily be stupid enough to still fake photos even when there are real ones out there. Everything I've seen in the MSM is much less brutal than what I have seen elsewhere anyways...so I am not sure what the point of this disinfo would be when they could just show the real bad stuff.

Just my two cents.

ETA: What I am trying to say is - while these particular photos could be photoshopped for god knows what reason it certainly does not mean the media is putting us on about the situation in Iraq. If you need personal proof as to what is happening over there its easy to find on LL. Gov is not pulling a false flag on us this time they just royally screwed up and the reality of it is these ISIL guys are more evil than most humans can even comprehend. They are having a field day over there and they are doing it on the American taxpayers dime thanks to our hellish government.
edit on 15-6-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline
There have been people tweeting ... are they fake also or are these people just not telling the truth.

Sarcasm Alert

well, if theres been people tweeting ...then it must be true,,,,,

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Just as it is easy to ascribe all evil to the people you don't like, too many times people refuse to see the evil in those they do like.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Blowback

The guy standing on the bumper clearly has the sun shining on him, you can see that on his right arm and part of his left side including his head. The "midget" looks perfectly normal to me, as for blur in the image, that's drawing an awfully long bow to claim a total fabrication. I'm not seeing the white pixel outline in the third.

Sorry Blowback, I'm afraid it's time for your anti-paranoia pills,

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I concur that the first three photos do appear to be edited in some fashion. That said, i didn't notice much editing with the rest of the photos, and in particular, the photos of the alleged execution of the soldiers. The rest seem legit, and shouldn't need any editing, considering the publicly available propaganda videos of ISIS' disgusting actions...

On a final note, not all of the images in the OP depict Islamic militants or jihadists. The last two images are of the Kurdish Peshmerga.
edit on 16-6-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Oh, and for those wondering. All you need to do is go to Live Leak and click on the featured link titled 'ISIS Militants Claim Mass Execution of Iraqi Soldiers'...needless to say, you will see that the incidents are very real...
edit on 16-6-2014 by daaskapital because: fix up

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
Oh, and for those wondering. All you need to do is go to Live Leak and click on the featured link titled 'ISIS Militants Claim Mass Execution of Iraqi Soldiers'...needless to say, you will see that the incidents are very real...

I was going to say, there is no reason to consider this faked. When there is a plethora of abhorrent evidence that these jihadist types are not afraid of shooting innocent people laying in the dirt. And some of them do move after being shot... hence they will wander around and let off a few more shots into their skulls.

this is, after beheading one of them also. Nepalese video should be enough to wake people up to the barbarity of these extremists, and get them to stop thinking theyre all rose petals and kittens being lied about.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Why would they be doctored when ISIS has been quite forthcoming in providing it's own photo's of their "Jihad" - go and look at the jihadi websites yourself!

At any rate, I always chuckle when I see threads like this - people with little to no imaging experience suddenly becoming experts, just so they can stick the knife in to the "MSM" or whomever is the bogey man this week.

Did it not occur to you, if they have been doctored, that it may well have been done so by ISIS themselves? Probably not, you've leapt to the same, tired old "MSM propaganda" line - predictable, really.

For what it's worth, the crisis in Iraq is real - hundreds are dying and the country is on the brink. Don't believe it? Well, that's your problem really - the fact the US and Iran are quite willing to work together on this shows that the problem is indeed there and needs dealing with before it spreads even further...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blowback

originally posted by: Battleline
There have been people tweeting ... are they fake also or are these people just not telling the truth.

Sarcasm Alert

well, if theres been people tweeting ...then it must be true,,,,,

It would be if the people tweeting are the ones running and dying.

Is that cubical closing in on you slick ??

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Those photos can't be real because they are practioners of the religion of peace. We must be tolerant of their intolerance and violence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join