It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favorite movie that everyone else hates?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Did you ever catch "Braindead"?

It was one of those horrors so disgusting and bad that like a temp gauge in the red for bad, it went all the way and back to good in the green

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I loved Saving Grace which I thought was brilliant and I hated the Mr Bean films because that nose gets everywhere and is plain stupid, yet others think Mr Bean is hilarious.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

No, but I'll add that to the list. When I was little I loved horror movies and now that I watch them, things like Freddy/nightmare on elm street I see them as humorous. It was sad when horror movies stopped being scary but it opened me up to just enjoying them for their cheesy nature and boy are there some BAAAADDD horrors out there
...so much fun though.

Here's a good campy one:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I really liked the blair witch project, and I have only 2 other friends I know that also liked it.

I didn't believe the hype, or the fact it was 'supposed' tp be true.
But great acting, and the final scene where that dude was forced to stand in the corner before his death was creeeeeeeeepy!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Another one of the unsung but great movies is four lions.

At a time of unrest and terrorist threats and 9/11 this brave comedy didnt get much praise, but if you can remove your sensibility's for an hour or so, you will enjoy this quite bold movie.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This is a very strange choice. It is a hard film, it requires an open mind and a willingness to stick to it to the very end. I found it incredibly meaningful and rich, but it's not easy.

The woman at the center of the story appears half way through the 47 minute film. It is difficult to say where it takes place, I don't mean the geographical location for it isn't on Earth at all.

This is the only time I've ever written someone responsible for a movie (or a book, for that matter), but I was overwhelmed by it on many levels.

I have no idea how others have reacted to it, I suspect it hasn't been seen by more than about 10,000.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I know they are bad, but they make me laugh due to the stupidity of them: Adam Sandler movies. Big Daddy. Little Nicky. Click. I can't help myself. He's had some really extra special bad ones that even I can't stand recently.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
There aren't really any awful movies that I really like, though I do like made in Chelsea and Friday Night Dinner which some find irritating, the rest of my TV viewing is very respectable, mostly BBC4 historical and art programmes.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
*cough* Clueless *cough* It's so stupid that it's funny. My husband makes the most humorous tortured groan whenever it airs because he knows the channel's not gonna change anytime soon, lol.

Also, the movie adaption of Michael Crichton's Congo. The book is, as usual, infinitely better than the movie, but I can't help but watch it anyway.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: paleorchid13

You've seen Rock n Roll Nightmare too!!! Yes! It's so great!

Have you seen the sequel?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I've seen Enter the Void and Frontier(s). Enter the Void made me feel... uncomfortable... or something. I can't imagine I'll ever watch it again.

Haven't heard of August Underground until now. Acquiring all 3 at the moment.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
"A Serbian Film".
Damn...Now this is a film I didnt think I would see on this list..
Some parts of it were overly cheesy, other parts just made me feel like I wanted to take a hazmat shower.
Plus the crushing end.

The reason I watched it was because I kept hearing it was like the most brutal movie ever, so I couldn't pass it up.
I actually thought it was a decent movie in and of itself. The end, the very end, made me bust out laughing... You know, when the camera pans around and the guy unzips his pants, and you know what's about to happen.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Both "Dude, where's my car?" and "Braindead" are freaking ace.

Also, i always get derided when i confidently state that "Ace Ventura 2 - When Nature Calls" (the Africa one) is possibly the funniest movie of all time.

Finally, any post black and white "Carry On" film, especially with Jim Dale.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla
OH MATRON!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
A strange one is the South Park movie..

HEY! SOUTHPARK ROCKS!!

That being said ... Everyone hated Cloud Atlas but I loved it.
I also have a few that I hate that others love.
Lots of folks loved Titanic. I thought it was horrible.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF
Dead End Drive-in.

I wont link to its imdb page...

Saw that one on Netflix; not at all what I expected, and surprisingly good. Won't say a word as to why, though! I will recommend it, however!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Well, perusing a few "most hated movies" lists online, the only ones that stand out as "hated" that I personally like are Titanic, which I love, and the 1998 Godzilla. That one was amazing, as far as I am concerned, and I never understood why anyone didn't like it. Ever. Everyone I know personally that's seen it loved it, too.

Most of the "most hated" movies, I didn't ever see.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: brandiwine14
Somebody mentioned the Burbs.....love it. Am a huge fan of the 80's Tom Hanks. Which brings me to my favorite that no one I know really cares for Joe VS The Volcano

*snip*

The Burbs was pretty funny, for the genre. Joe vs. the Volcano, my oldest loves. I didn't like it on first viewing, but it can grow on you, and the luggage....well, enough said!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I quite enjoy a movie every now and then by adam sandler or will ferrel - 90% of them are total crap and get hated just because of the lead being those guys.

Step brothers was one that cracked me up AND made me a bit sad/emotional i really didnt expect to enjoy it because most other people didnt - but there it is

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
"Rampage" and "A Serbian Film".

*Okaaaaaayyyy*

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join