It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citrus Growers Manufacture Huge Amounts of DMT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I just read in this article that common citrus trees like oranges and lemons are actually Schedule I substances! They are in the same legal category as heroin! How absurd is that?!
I suppose it won't be long before the FDA bans all our citrus fruits, now that this information has been published! Sigh...

- See more at: disinfo.com...

Recent analysis published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry (Servillo et al. 2013) found that several citrus plants, including lemons and oranges, contain N,N-dimethyltryptamine ('___') and 5-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine (bufotenine). Both of these compounds are powerful hallucinogens and are designated as Schedule I substances under the federal Controlled Substances Act in the United States. Under that same law, “any material” containing “any quantity” of a Schedule I drug is itself legally equivalent to that drug.
The upshot of this is that domestic citrus producers are in fact operating a massive drug manufacturing enterprise, legally speaking. And the scale of this manufacture is not trivial. Let’s estimate 150 orange trees per acre, and conservatively suppose that each tree contains one kilogram of leaves. Then in the state of Florida alone, where approximately 550,000 acres are under cultivation, the crop would contain somewhere in the neighborhood of 80 kilograms of bufotenine — roughly 5 million doses — and 5 kilograms of '___' — roughly 150,000 doses. But that’s not all! Since the entire mass of any material containing these substances is legally equivalent to the pure substance, the entire biomass of the groves would be treated as pure '___' or pure bufotenine if the growers were charged with manufacturing a controlled substance.

Now, don't everyone cause a stampede running out to your local grocery. I think we still have some time before Oranges and Lemons are banned.

There is more on this article in the source link.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
"Deputy, ready your weapon, bag of oranges on back seat"

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

I saw the thread about cheese being banned, so I look for our citrus fruits to be next, especially since it contains "that" substance. The big guys on the hill wouldn't want us to open our third eye if they can keep us from it, now would they?!

S&F, Sled. More good information you're sharing.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

N,NDimethyltryptamine is actually found in pretty much all living organisms, primarily plants but in small amounts in animals also.

In fact humans do synthesise it , but it is unknown what use the body makes of it. - it closely resembles a neurotransmitter so that's a hint.

I am sure you could find similar concentrations in many common plants, but it may not be viable to extract due to other compounds in the plant.

I like Terrence Mckennas idea that Psilocybin mushrooms may be an extraterrestrial communication device, and would we even recognise it if it was? (Psilocybin is molecularly similar to N,NDimethyltryptamine )

edit on 15-6-2014 by Soapusmaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

The human brain contains this substance, it is produced in the pineal gland. The substance is most easily synthesized from barks from South America, I hear.
edit on 15amSun, 15 Jun 2014 05:44:04 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Hmmmm, I wonder what the actual concentration percentages are of '___' in the leaves of Orange and Lemon trees.

If it is even in the 1-2% range I've got some buddies who will be EXTREMELY delighted to hear this news lol. Depending on the other substances contained within these plants of course -

I wanted to add though - '___' is produced in the human body however they do not know whether or not it is produced in the pineal gland or even in the brain at all.

HOWEVER, studies have shown '___' is likely produced in the brain specifically the pineal gland of rats so that does lead one to believe it is probably the same for us humans...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Not only is '___' produced endogenously, I suspect that at times significant amounts of it can be spontaneously released in some people. This is the most logical explanation for some of the more odd experiences I have had.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Yes, I know this is said to be released in the brain, but for those people who have their pineal gland calcified, maybe they can get some help by eating more citrus? Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Many say the pineal makes it, but apparently the pineal uses it - the lungs and possibly liver make it if I remember the speculation correctly.

I thought Rick Straussman was researching all of these unknowns as far as I know, but I haven't checked to see if he has released any findings yet.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

How many lemons would be needed to...

That substance is in everything, personally I think it's the "spirit molecule."

a reply to: Soapusmaximus

You should check out his book, ''___' the Spirit Molecule' It's a really good read, lots of dry parts but overall it's fantastic.

edit on 15-6-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

edit on 15-6-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soapusmaximus

Many say the pineal makes it, but apparently the pineal uses it - the lungs and possibly liver make it if I remember the speculation correctly.

I thought Rick Straussman was researching all of these unknowns as far as I know, but I haven't checked to see if he has released any findings yet.

That sounds more feasible, I guess.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soapusmaximus

Yes, he has a new book coming out:

At long last, I’m delighted to announce the completion of my latest book: '___' and The Soul of Prophecy. Click here for the link to the book on my publisher’s (Inner Traditions) website. If editing goes according to plan, the book should appear in print late September this year.

In this book, I tackle the major unresolved issue with which I was left after finishing my '___' project nearly 20 years ago. This was to find a model that fit the data from our volunteers’ reports of the drug state. This ultimately led me to the Old Testament (Hebrew Bible) where the notion of a “prophetic state of consciousness” began taking shape. At the same time, in order to make sense of the Hebrew Bible, I turned to the classic medieval Jewish philosophers like Maimonides, who proposed rather sophisticated metaphysical/spiritual mechanisms for the prophetic experience. Thus, to the extent that the prophetic and '___' states resembled each other, I could propose metaphysical and spiritual mechanisms in common in addition to shared biological mechanisms.

rickstrassman.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Did I understand that correctly? It is only found in the leaves or the fruit as well?
I'd assumed that drinking the juice of a lemon every day to decalcify the pineal gland had more to do with the lemon's acidic nature or something, but maybe it is something else...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
FYI, There is a youtube video that is k i n d a similar to the experience of Blasting Off....IMO

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It's in Kentucky Fescue in smaller amounts, so they'd also have to ban having grass lol

Its an alkaloid that is not synthesized out of plants but in plants and is EXTRACTED out of them. Various versions include 5-MEO-'___' & 4-ACO-'___' i believe but the purest form is is a bit different in effect. You should be able to reduce the citrus plants down into a pale yellow powder to a orange hard resin because of the impurities caused by other extracted alkaloids which will effect how it effects the brain.
Its similar in structure to psilocybin which is found in the genus of Psilocybe Mushrooms... psilocybin gets motabilized into psilocin which is a neurological receptor which if I'm not mistaken acts as a reflector for seratonin. It's most commonly extracted from Mimosa Hostilis root bark. The effects are short lived but this is the most powerful hollucinogenic substance known to man. When orally consumed as a drink of ayahuasca it must be taken with a MAOI inhibiter, but can be smoked or injected without the MAOI inhibiter. Dosage and how long it lasts depends upon method used. Smoking is the most common method and the dosage varies from 10 mg to 80 mg. I don't believe there are any reported OD as of now but it may cause anxiety attacks or panic attacks because of how realistic the imagery is. It is currently a schedule I (1) controlled substance in the USA and possession of it may result in up to 20 years in prison and a pretty hefty fine. As far as street knowledge goes: it isn't common on the street and so you probably won't ever come across it unless you extract it yourself. Most places in US charge $100 per gram and it is usually found in small amounts in packaging. People get away with it by dissolving it in alcohol and letting oregano soak it up, allowing people to transport it in spice bottles. The US does not go out of its way to find it because of how rare it is but dimethyltriptamine is considered the most life changing drug out there. Often described as "Load universe into cannon, aim at head, fire." It is often called the atomic bomb of all drugs. It is produced by living organisms but science cannot see how it affects humans as there are laws preventing the dissection of the human brain.

I hope this post will help anybody who is confused

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Is that for real? Never heard that oranges my contain '___'. But many plants for example phalaris contain '___' in small amounts.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Wow, friend lives within a huge citrus grove in southern CA. Now an explanation on why this particular grove always calls spiritual seekers
e ply to: sled735

Seriously though, they've even found THC that has apparently originated from outer space (recent news about the meteor!). These chemicals seem to be very universal and probably more common than we realize. The question is, what is their true purpose? I would say what is going on in the rainforests re: ayahuasca use could be crucially important, but we need to respect the plants. The collective unconsciousness that's destroying both the planet and ourselves on a personal level, too, needs to be addressed.
edit on 15-6-2015 by LaBaleine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join