It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another City Falls in Iraq - Tikrit falls to militants

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: aLLeKs

Unless someone is completely unreasonable, I think it's possible to turn countries democratic through communication and examples. Did you know that Ho Chi Minh never wanted communism? What happened was that he wanted independence from the French. He asked the U.S to oust the French, and the U.S obviously wasn't going to do that, and instead sent a few troops to help out the French, so he had no choice but to ally himself with China and Russia, and because the Chinese sent us supplies to beat the French, he wasn't going to turn their back on them, then the U.S sent more troops, and that's how the First IndoChina War spilled over to the Second One.

Basically, there was a miscommunication there where a war against imperialism turned into an alliance of communism which made the Vietnam War look like it was a war against communism. Even one of the NVA soldier later said he didn't know why the U.S was there.

(and yes, I do think we owe the Chinese, and a lot to the Russians too(we literally could have starved if it weren't for their aid during our occupation of Cambodia). Perhaps we could pay them back with the oil on the islands, but that's another discussion).

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Iraqi forces by numbers: who has the biggest army?
How do the forces of Isis, Peshmerga and the Iraqi government compare within Iraq?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

10.26 Downing Street adviser states Britain's failure to intervene in Syria has led to Iraq’s descent into civil war, Matthew Holehouse reports:

live blog

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
US did what the people want,
to make them happy. pull the troops out of the east.
oh! but look!
they need to send More troops than before?

Ever thing they are playing the people for fools?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This cannot be good.Al-qeada is on their way to Bahgdad as we chat right now.U.S. is probably gonna send in drones or stealth bombers or something.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This disgusts me.

International Business Times - Medieval Sharia Law Imposed on Millions in Nineveh Province

The Islamic State of Iraq and al-Shams (Isis) has imposed a strict set of Sharia laws on the citizens of Nineveh province just days after capturing the provincial capital of Mosul.

In a document circulating on social media attributed to the group, Isis warned tribal leaders and sheikhs not to "work with [the Iraqi] government and be traitors" while proclaiming that women should only go outside if absolutely necessary.

"For women, dress decently and wear wide clothes. Only go out if needed," read the document as translated by Al Aan TV reporter Jenan Moussa.

Further rules included bans on drugs, alcohol and cigarettes while public gatherings, the possession of guns and the carrying of flags not of the Islamic state were outlawed.

Original document at the link.

The Islamic terrorists taking over and imposing Sharia law on those poor people have said that they have "taken on the responsibility to bring back glory of the Islamic Caliphate".

edit on 6/12/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
Certain Islamists believe there must be global chaos in order for the Mahdi to return. Microcosmically, we are looking at the true push for a caliphate because of the fervent belief the Mahdi will return. Other players are using the fervent believers for their own agenda.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
What do you think will happen if Iran and Turkey invade Iraq to stop ISIL rebels? Iran is very friendly with Iraqi President Al Maliki and 80 Turkish citizens have been taken hostage by ISIL.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: aLLeKs
People have another cultural background and our systems might not work for them. You can see it in every country that has been forced to become a western style democracy.

Yeah, The only time it has ever worked was with Japan.

There is some other hidden reason to why this is happening in Iraq currently. I mean I don't get it, we have Military bases all over the place in the Middle East. How come they could not just airstrike these invaders, I mean it's not like these terrorists are rolling into Iraqi cities in Tanks and LAV's?

One would think Iraq has a few fighter jets at the very least. Seems to me that someone is allowing this to happen. Maybe World War 3 really is around the corner, and these guys are mercenaries who were sent in in order to make it difficult for anyone to seize Iraq's oil fields. I dunno. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

I guess when Commander of the entire Military says we are out, we are out.

Has Obummer said anything officially yet? Or is he turning the blind eye?

I guess it looks like depending on who runs in '16 we will more than likely be back in Iraq by '17-18.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: wutang717

Most likely Hillary Clinton or Jeb Bush, if you can believe such insanity, and here all along I thought that we revolted against a Monarchy. Unfortunately, the illiterate majority will decide the outcome once again. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I almost just said the same thing in another thread. It does look like it'll be between them two.

But as long as nothing spills into Turkey maybe, just maybe, we can avoid all out war.

Third time is never the charm though...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

Most likely Hillary Clinton or Jeb Bush, if you can believe such insanity, and here all along I thought that we revolted against a Monarchy. Unfortunately, the illiterate majority will decide the outcome once again. ~$heopleNation

If it's Hillary vs Jeb I'm moving to another country.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: SheopleNation

If it's Hillary vs Jeb I'm moving to another country.

I can't lie and say that I would not consider doing the same thing. I mean can you imagine if it really comes down to that, either side? The sad things is, nothing would shock me at this point. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

It worked in South Korea also(IMO)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Hopefully it'll be Rand Paul or Ted Cruz against Hillary

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

edit on 12-6-2014 by Dave1967 because: I posted twice the same thing

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Dave1967

Very good correction my friend. I stand corrected! ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
What's going on here? Who is ISIL? Why are some people calling it ISIS like the ancient goddess? I thought AL Qaida was the ones taking over Iraq?

Whoever they are...are they conquering Iraq faster than or just as fast as the United States military? (Granted Saddam Hussein's Iraq was undoubtedly more formidable I'm sure but still...)
edit on 6/13/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling You may be right about Turkey getting involved. The locally owned murdoch paper stated yesterday that the rebels took over the Turkish embasy at gun point. Also these same rebel forces hold positions in neighbouring Syria on the border area with Iraq Perhaps a couple of reasons for turkey and perhaps Isreal as well to get involved in both Syria and Iraq. It is also worth remembering that Iraq shares a border with Iran

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
this truck, look familiar to anyone?

Sickening footage emerges of ISIS shooting dead motorists and pedestrians in random drive-bys: UN confirms jihadists' summary executions in Iraq

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... -forces.html#ixzz34WBVxN87
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join