It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another City Falls in Iraq - Tikrit falls to militants

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neversaynever
Hatred is what i feel. Pure evil hatred. Me and 100 and thousands around the world. An i am not even a muslim. Do not know how they must be feel. Every american should feel a disgrace and failure to humanity. I see americans and that is all of you lock stock and barrel in the same light as i do hitler, israel, mugabe, than shwe and the like i have more respect for little kim young than america. a reply to: hoagy1199

Painting everyone that is American with that broad brush and saying how you feel nothing but hatred for us, just proves how much of a hypocrite you are, it makes you no better then those you claim to hate.....

But hey, if you want to be an ignorant, malicious, miserable keyboard warrior, have at it........thats your prerogative.....

You call us Hitler yada yada yada, but then advocate hate and the killing of people because they are American, not even looking at yourself in the mirror, realizing that its the same thought process that you are displaying, motivated Hitler and other genocidal maniacs, to do what they did......

Me, I look at this post and the one above where you wish every american that was over there would have been killed and rot........and I think to myself........"what a sad sad person this guy is"

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I heard this on NPR today:

Riedel says the takeover raises big questions about the U.S.-trained Iraqi military and that any response isn't as straightforward as building infrastructure or training soldiers.

"It's not a question of giving them airplanes or Humvees," he says. "It's a question of building a political state to which they feel some kind of loyalty. America can provide Humvees. America can't build a state for them."
link

He believes the military is ineffective because they aren't loyal to the state.
Sort of highlighting how important it is for the welfare of the state to effectively brainwash enough guys with guns to do its bidding.

That made me feel all sorts of weird. I don't feel any loyalty to my state or the country. Probably a good thing.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Time for another Nobel peace prize!

"We knew this day would come. We've known it for some time. But still there is something profound about the end of a war that has lasted so long," said Obama. "It's harder to end a war than begin one. Everything that American troops have done in Iraq - all the fighting, all the dying, the bleeding and the building and the training and the partnering, all of it has landed to this moment of success."

"Iraq's not a perfect place. It has many challenges ahead. But we're leaving behind a sovereign, stable and self reliant Iraq with a representative government that was elected by its people. We're building a new partnership between our nations and we are ending a war not with a final battle but with a final march toward home. This is an extraordinary achievement," he said.

So much for "stable, self reliant and success." An extraordinary achievement indeed.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well is all this new? is interesting to see how our two political parties agendas are distributed, everybody knew what was going on in Iraq during the Bush reign, then Obama came into the picture and then Iraq got forgotten. . . now Iraq is back in the picture again, perhaps the agenda is to get Iraq back again as a dangerous issue that when the Republicans win the white house in the coming national elections they have another war to fight.

We do have to make sacrifices people, remember only the tax payers are expendable no the elite, so is time to get back in Iraq with a new Republican president and who knows maybe finish the restructuring of the middle east and take Iran also, the profiteers of war are getting impatient.

yes I been fantastic and sarcastic, I hope people just step back and look at the whole picture of how our two elite parties work.
edit on 11-6-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The people have. They just mot exercising that right. Too lazy or scared or whatever. It is called a revolution. So instead of go kill innocent people overseas how about a little war in house. Does wonders to a government official if he knows his dead if he step out of line. But no americans are like druggies. They will always find a excuse.. Sit watch your big screen tv and eat yourselves into destructive comas while thinking of the next excuse a reply to: luciddream

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: neversaynever
And rightly it should be. More of the us army terrorist should have died there and rotted. Hope if there is a place like hell their all went there. You as a nation had no right to have been there and each and every piece of bad luck was and is deserved. Burn in hell for all your sins america. a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

It seems you have an anti-American posting pattern here on ATS. I wonder how many of you are truly passionate over being payed.

While you will find many long time posters on ATS who are against American leadership and even the American way they handle it in a smart and educational manner.........You do not.
edit on 11-6-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Well is all this new? is interesting to see how our two political parties agendas are distributed, everybody knew what was going on in Iraq during the Bush reign, then Obama came into the picture and then Iraq got forgotten. . . now Iraq is back in the picture again, perhaps the agenda is to get Iraq back again as a dangerous issue that when the Republicans win the white house in the coming national elections they have another war to fight.

I wouldnt doubt it.

They blame Bush for going in so Obama can take them out. Then they'll blame Obama for abandoning them and no doubt will repeat something along the lines of "Obama threw away all of our accomplishments" and the next guy in the White House can send them all back in.

It's a never ending perpetual war of pointlessness just like the fictional war the state was fighting in 1984. The cause was forgotten the enemy was unknown but the people needed to support the troops and supporting the troops meant supporting the state and supporting the state meant staying in line and being a good citizen.

Hopefully recruitment drops way off and some of these kids realize there are better things to do than catch bullets in the face for fantasy notions like 'honor' and 'duty.'

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance
Hahaha. Nice way to say we stole everything we can, murder, rape pilage and sow destruction. Now that there is f all left that we can destroy we will off to the next country.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

I agree, you know the agendas in our nation within the political parties and the interest that have invested on them are so transparent this days that is just a matter of connecting the dots, that easily to spot.

Is a shame actually, I am sure another invasion will be heading our way before this decade is over.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Evanzsayz
a reply to: buni11687

LMAO great job Bush, Cheney, Clinton and Obama...you caused more problems then you solved. You made Iraq unstable and you made the rest of the world hate us. Put all their brains together you wouldn't have enough intelligence to blow your nose.

The ''funny'' thing is they seemed to know this would happen..

Also US has lost track of a big amount of AK-47 given to Iraqi security forces and nobody really knows where they went.
www.washingtonpost.com...

The Pentagon has lost track of about 190,000 AK-47 assault rifles and pistols given to Iraqi security forces in 2004 and 2005, according to a new government report, raising fears that some of those weapons have fallen into the hands of insurgents fighting U.S. forces in Iraq.

You can't make this up..

edit on 11-6-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I missed his reply before it was removed. Thanks for grabbing it. Semper Fi mate.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The obvious ploy was never a stable Iraq.....
Its much easier to deal with smaller more tightly defined power groups individuallyto get the oil.....bargaining made easy courtesy of the US military....Now chaney and Co. can get the economic hit men to subvert the smaller groups or destroy who they cant buy.....
I am wondering how the Kurds will make out......they seem the best organised to survive....should turkey not get into a scrap inside Ieaqi borders again when the whole system fails, and land is up for grabs....

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

You can lead a horse to water but that does not mean it will drink. The Middle East is a lost cause and always has been. They are backwards and living the stone age many times. How do you win hearts and minds that only find faith in one thing.

I do feel sorry for them but under no circumstances should we consider going back or helping out. It is a lost cause.
edit on 11-6-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
This saddens me, I lost quite a few friends in Tikrit, I dont know whether to be remorseful of their loss or angered right now.....

Semper Fi devil dogs....

I'm sorry, MBTM

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So what's happening and why are they taking over these towns?

I'm confused.

Where have all the flowers gone?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

It is a small part in the rise of a new Chaliphate.
Tiny raindrops that preceed a storm.
Very worrying geopolitical shifting happening and so many people on the move.
It's not good.
Humans eh!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: HumansEh
a reply to: Stormdancer777

It is a small part in the rise of a new Chaliphate.
Tiny raindrops that preceed a storm.
Very worrying geopolitical shifting happening and so many people on the move.
It's not good.
Humans eh!

ty

goal of erasing the border between Iraq and Syria.
dailycaller.com...
edit on 033030p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

This image, from a jihadist Twitter account, allegedly shows a new road being built from Syria to Iraq

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... nd-biggest-city.html#ixzz34Mbo7IJU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

edit on 033030p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere
Somebody break out a Ouja board and lets get to asking the ghosts of servicemen if it was worth it.

This post nails it. My God .. what a damn waste. Young Americans offer to enter military service to defend America, and instead they get put into some idiot politicians meat grinder on the other side of the planet. There will come a day when America really will need to be defended ... and by then everyone will have decided not to volunteer because the politicians have abused them as canon fodder though the decades.

Although I understand your meaning, re. "the boy who cried wolf" analogy, I doubt it's correct. If we were invaded tomorrow there would be no volunteer lines, we would mobilize as soon as we heard. I think a lot of former and current military guys in the US and Canada think exactly the same way when it comes to ***really*** defending our nations and its people.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
So what's happening and why are they taking over these towns?

I'm confused.

Where have all the flowers gone?

Before Iraq was bombed in an act of Shock and Awe and then invaded, Iraq had a strong police and security system that kept the religious fanatics under control. Iraq is a handful of tribal areas that were fused together to form a country (Kurds, Sunni, Shi'ite). After that bombing which destroyed government offices, records, communication systems, telephone exchanges, Saddam could no longer keep control of all groups, and than led to his downfall. With a bit of help from American negotiators, they got the different factions together into one room to
try and hammer out a deal that would give each group some representation in the government.

Unfortunately, that doesn't stop third party groups coming into the country and messing things up, which is what
is happening now. The long term goal is to try and get all these different middle Eastern countries to try and work together as one trade block like Europe, North America and Asia.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

The long term goal is to try and get all these different middle Eastern countries to try and work together as one trade block like Europe, North America and Asia.

I don't see that happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join