It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruz: Israel Strike Against Iran ‘Could Happen In A Matter Of Months’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz told a small gathering of pro-Israel American leaders Tuesday that an Israeli strike against Iranian nuclear facilities “could happen in a matter of months.” “In my view, [Iranian Supreme Leader Ali] Khamenei believes there is no credible deterrence from the United States, there’s not realistic risk of significant consequence for moving forward with their nuclear development,” the Republican told the Spring National Leadership Meeting of the Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA) at the Willard Hotel. “That means, that if they keep going forward, I think if it comes down to it, I have real confidence that the nation of Israel will act to preserve her national security, even if this administration will not act first. And that could happen sooner rather than later — that could happen in a matter of months.”

So it looks like Cruz is doing the Israeli two step after his latest visit to Israel. How many times will our politicians keep repeating this lie that Israel will strike Iran? Israel have been saying for years that they are going to strike Iran but never does anything to back it up. If they are going to attack then do it just leave America out of it.

“I don’t think Israel should have to act to prevent Iranian nuclear-weapons capability because it is so profoundly in U.S. national security interests that we should act, rather than forcing Israel to act,” he said, “but I do take some comfort that if this administration will not defend our interests, at the very least Israel will defend her interests.”

Yes Iran is such a threat to America. Their air force can't reach here and their Navy would be lucky to reach here and if they did they would have to go through our Navy. Iran being a threat to America is nothing but a lie that is told to get America to fight Israel's wars for them. Politicians that support Americans going to die fighting another nations wars should be thrown out of office.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

This stance sounds even more pethetic when you consider Iran has been talking about extending the negotiations about their nuclear program up to another six months if needed.
Of course, someone could really throw a wrench into these talks by making a first strike attack just to derail them, start a war, and then say, "We told you so!"

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Not surprised by Cruz's Israeli patriotism. This is why people need to vote him out. This is America, not Israel, and our politicians should not be able to hold dual citizenship. If Israel wants to attack Iran, then do it. But the cowards won't because they know it will be their end. They will try and get Americans to do it for them just like they did the 'middle east exterminate Muslims mission' with the 911 false-flag attacks. Iran should be our ally, not Israel. I'm so sick of seeing all these puppet politicians proclaiming their love for jewish supremacists of an illegal state known for torturing, murder, false flag attacks, etc.. We need to cut all foreign aid to Israel and amputate the federal reserve and central banks.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Israel does not need to strike Iran ! his soldiers are active Al-Qaeda, Daesh, MKO, Jebhatu Nusra .......

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It ( Israel ) and the middle east used to be a very complicated subject and I can imagine to many others .If there is going to be a country that gets to be next one blown to bits it will be Saudi Arabia .IMO . Iran will be the one along with Iraq will do it .... This might be a good read .. "
How US Policy on Iran Came to Be Based on Fabricated Documents

The key “evidence” of an Iranian nuclear weapons program comes via the MEK, a cult-like terrorist group—and was likely produced by Israel. By Gareth Porter www.informationclearinghouse.info...

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz told a small gathering of pro-Israel American leaders Tuesday that an Israeli strike against Iranian nuclear facilities “could happen in a matter of months.” “In my view, [Iranian Supreme Leader Ali] Khamenei believes there is no credible deterrence from the United States, there’s not realistic risk of significant consequence for moving forward with their nuclear development,” the Republican told the Spring National Leadership Meeting of the Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA) at the Willard Hotel. “That means, that if they keep going forward, I think if it comes down to it, I have real confidence that the nation of Israel will act to preserve her national security, even if this administration will not act first. And that could happen sooner rather than later — that could happen in a matter of months.”

So it looks like Cruz is doing the Israeli two step after his latest visit to Israel. How many times will our politicians keep repeating this lie that Israel will strike Iran? Israel have been saying for years that they are going to strike Iran but never does anything to back it up. If they are going to attack then do it just leave America out of it.

“I don’t think Israel should have to act to prevent Iranian nuclear-weapons capability because it is so profoundly in U.S. national security interests that we should act, rather than forcing Israel to act,” he said, “but I do take some comfort that if this administration will not defend our interests, at the very least Israel will defend her interests.”

Yes Iran is such a threat to America. Their air force can't reach here and their Navy would be lucky to reach here and if they did they would have to go through our Navy. Iran being a threat to America is nothing but a lie that is told to get America to fight Israel's wars for them. Politicians that support Americans going to die fighting another nations wars should be thrown out of office.
Iranians want nothing except peace and quiet in the region for a change and Israelis don't like to have a quiet neighborhood because then they can not continue playing victims,uniting their own population and begging for more aids while at the same time sucking up the worlds wealth via their banks/corporations.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1 I must rebut you post.

The only reason Israel hasn't taken matters their own hands is due to the U.S.. The U.S. restrains Israel.

Too many dead American soldiers due to Iranian IUDs for me to buy any altruistic label for these guys.

Speaking of rhetoric, Iran's none stop rhetoric stating their intent to destroy Israel is enough reason for Israel to match that rhetoric at a level that Iran understands.

Personally, I'd rather see Israel act sooner rather than later.

As a side note, I've wondered about the "visit" of six F-22s to the U.A.E. whether that was to intimidate Iran or as a sure fired block to any Israeli action against Iran.

Perhaps both options???

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Restrain Israel lol Why don't you give us your take on the Liberty
a reply to: nwtrucker

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1 The "Liberty" goes back to that Democrat asshole Johnson. His doing.

Does that mean I trust Israel? Hell, no. Israel's first interest is Israel...but the Liberty doesn't happen without the false flag initiated by President Johnson....

If you don't think the U.S. restrains Israel-I don't blame you for laughing, most would- let me give you a different take on it.(Feel free to correct me anywhere you feel I have it wrong.)

Since the fall of the Soviet Union and their military supplies to Israel's "enemies", Israel has had a massive military edge over the whole middle east. (estimates run from 100-200 nukes on top of a brilliantly trained and equipped populace.

Yet they haven't moved. Why?? Some think "world opinion". I suggest Israel couldn't give a rat's ass about world opinion. U.S. Opinion? Administrative AND public? A different story from what I can see.

From my understanding, the only reason Israel didn't hit Saddam back when the scuds were landing in Israel was due to the coalition refused to give Israel the IFF codes that would have allowed them to cross coalition airspace. Read that the U.S.!

Does Israel stand any chance in the long run with six million against 1 billion with oil revenues to finance their militaries without the U.S.? Nope. Do you doubt that Israel would use those nukes in the event of losing a war against it's neighbors?
I don't. I think they'd take out every Muslin city within range of their fighters before going down themselves.

If it wasn't for the U.S., Israel would have ended this mid-east "gridlock' long ago. Certainly before any Muslim nation in the region develops nukes.

Yes, the U.S. restrains Israel. It is the ONLY reason an all-out mid-east war hasn't occurred long ago.

Thanks, in part, to Obama's policies, that ability to restrain Israel is fading fast.

Just my opinion...LOL

The U.S. of A.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It may have been under Johnson but there have been others sense then and not a peep .I guess I see it in a Biblical perspective . Not the Zionist one . There is a big difference between the two .You would think that SA would be a bigger threat to them .Actually Iran is the threat to SA and will be the one to destroy them . Just to give you a biblical perspective is you care to consider .

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
I'm not sure what other instances you refer to.

Regarding Iran, I think the biggest counter to any Iranian argument is the fact that not one neighboring nation, not one Muslim nation, no one in the middle east, for that matter, has come out in support of Iran's nuclear development program.

They know damn well that a nuclear Iran is a game changer and they will have to respond in kind.

No one else seems willing to draw that line in the sand and now the U.S., via Obama, have erased that line.

What other option does Israel have?

None....

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Do you know or can you name one country in the middle east that is for Israel's nukes ? one ? or for that matter any country in the world that is behind them in the same matter ? a reply to: nwtrucker

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I think with recent developments in Iraq, Israel needs to step back...quiet WAYYY down for just a little bit...and reassess their position. Iraq has never been considered by them to be an active combatant threat. I mean in recent times. Mosul was Iraq's #2 city and Tikrit is a center for other reasons. Both have fallen inside 72hrs. Israel may well have bigger and closer fish to worry about.

Jordan too, I fear. They remain the only other truly non-hostile nation in the region right now, IMO. Iran has too far to drive to get there. Iraq doesn't.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I love to see how our politicians are so fond of kissing everybody else butt but the tax payer American people, I guess his support for Israel is bigger than the loyalty to the US, or is perhaps because the generous donations coming from Israel what he is kissing the most.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Do you know or can you name one country in the middle east that is for Israel's nukes ? one ? or for that matter any country in the world that is behind them in the same matter ? a reply to: nwtrucker

The difference in the eyes of the region is this. Israel has a massive conventional superiority over everybody in the region. They can pretty much do what the please and nobody can stop them. They do not do much with that power so the addition of nukes to Israels arsenal does not scare anyone because it does not disrupt the balance of power. In Irans case Irans conventional foces are minor threat to the Arab states because they have US backing, they are no threat to Israel or Turkey. With nukes however the balance of power changes. The Arabs are unlikely to believe the US will risk a nuclear exchange with Iran over protection the Arab states. Several of the Arab states will then also go nuclear. That will lead to Turkey and other European states wanting to also create limited nuclear arsenals. The former Soviet Republics will then feel the same need. Well you can see how this scenerio plays out. The simple fact is the region does not make a big deal about Isaels nukes because they have not upset the strategic balance.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Speechless!!!

What I will say is America & others should leave Israel to deal with their own Foreign Policy!!!
& make them sign the Proliferation Treaty!!!

I won't be debating Israeli/Iranian relations because it's the same as always...
Middle Eastern Nation booooo...
Israel boohoo...

Grow up!!!
Especially this jerk off "representative" Mr.Cruz!!!

Peace everybody!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Hmmm, good point. One could say that about every nuclear power, I suppose.

I guess I pick Israel as the best side to support. Your view seems to be the other. Sobeit.

If I have a choice between Sharia law and Judeo-Christian, I take the latter.

I have a beautiful daughter and an up and coming granddaughter. I'd join the IDF before I'd support the Iranian culture.

Hezbollah or Mossad? LOL. Again the latter.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

The only reason Israel hasn't taken matters their own hands is due to the U.S.. The U.S. restrains Israel.

Yeah right since when did Israel ask permission from America to attack anyone.

Too many dead American soldiers due to Iranian IUDs for me to buy any altruistic label for these guys.

Where did this happen? It wouldn't happen to have happened in a nation where the public was lied to so they could invade a nation for no reason would it?

Speaking of rhetoric, Iran's none stop rhetoric stating their intent to destroy Israel is enough reason for Israel to match that rhetoric at a level that Iran understands.

Iran has said that if they are attacked by Israel then they would strike back. The destroy Israel is pretty much just propaganda.

Personally, I'd rather see Israel act sooner rather than later.

If Israel thought they could handle Iran they would have already done it. That is why they keep trying to get America to do the fighting for them. That's where tools like Cruz comes in handy.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad I agree fully.

However, I do not re your Iraq factor. The "distance" is the same to Iran in any event. LOL.

Most crap in Iraq can probably be traced back to Iran anyways...

edit on 11-6-2014 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2014 by nwtrucker because: grammar

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It's just Cruz and his transparent "toughguy" posturing to solidify his right wing fundamentalist base.

He want's the GOP nomination but won't get it, they know he's a loser.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join