It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eurofighter crashes in Spain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Please please please move if need be! Was not sure where to post.

I am not a huge airplane buff, so maybe you guys can make a bigger conversation out of it than I can. But essentially, a Eurofighter that belongs to the Spanish Air Force has crashed near Seville.

Crash

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

If it involves an airplane then you are in the right place.

According to the BBC, the pilot did not make it out:

www.bbc.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Haha and the base where it crash is moron. So a moron crashed a plane at moron. Very funny. a reply to: brace22

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: neversaynever

Fighter pilots aren't morons, the pilot died, have some respect.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It's the second fatal accident to occur at or near Moron. The pilot in this case was 30 year-old Capt Fernando Lluna Carrascosa. He had 600 hours in the type. The first fatal accident was a Saudi pilot in 2010 who was training at the base. The type has flown 240,000 hours to date.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
New stuff seems to be hard to integrate sometimes,I remember reading about horror stories from the Harrier or the V22

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Wow, talk about crass and uncalled for.
Have you no respect for those that risk their lives on a daily basis? Without people like this fallen soldier, you wouldn't be able to hop behind your keyboard of cowardice and make sh!tty disrespectful comments to begin with.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neversaynever
Haha and the base where it crash is moron. So a moron crashed a plane at moron. Very funny. a reply to: brace22

You should go tell that joke to his widow and young daughter and see how funny they think you are.

Idiot.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It does appear that of all the Typhoon crashes, they seem to be in Spain.. Is there something up with their tranche of airframes or are there other reasons?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackDog10

Fighter pilots aren't morons, the pilot died, have some respect.

Common now, I'm pretty sure "some" fighter pilots are morons.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Some idiot new poster laughing at someone getting killed while serving his country........You are a fool. A pathetic fool at that.

Have you ever done anything to better something other then yourself........With a attitude like yours I bet not.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Very sad for the family of the pilot.

I remember when the first one crashed, it had a double flame out but from the wreckage picture it looked like it fell to earth like a leaf (albeit a heavy one), luckily the test pilot bailed and survived.

It seems odd to lose it on landing and explode and be killed unless he was performing (or practicing), they dont seem to come in too hard, quite a good AoA, light(ish).

Will look for more info to be released but very sad.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I can't believe I just read that from a member of this site.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

unbelievable, why would you waste your time saying something like that.

this man was serving his country and family, what have you done today, or with your life?

respect to the pilot and his family, i didn't open the link but is there a reason he didn't bail out? it seems he was landing.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

No you have it all wrong, the only moron here is you.

For not bothering to read the sites terms and conditions and expected standards of behavior by posters. Do everyone including yourself a favour and grow up. Familiarize yourself with these standards and refrain from making comments like this in the future, or just delete your profile and leave before you say something stupid enough to have it done for you by the moderators. Its your choice.

LEE.

(post by Psynic removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

Seriously...especially on the Aircrafts sub-forum.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
No two accidents are the same. My accident happened while landing but the emergency started ten minutes prior when I had an un-contained compressor failure and fire. All emergency procedures were followed and I continued on my approach and all system worked except for my number two engine was shut down and feathered. Upon touch down the plane veered uncontrollably to the right and left the runway. The observer initiated ejection. The observer was unhurt and I didn't fair as well. The plane was repaired and as far as I know it was returned to service 18 months later.

My point is, you never know what causes a crash until after the investigation is finished. In my case, both of the crewmen survived which aided the investigation and the cause was determined that it was a flat tire caused by the engine failure. The ironic part of this accident is that I have had three flat tires over the years with no problems.

Finally, I would bet that you are not a pilot or have never been aboard a plane that had an emergency. I think you'd have had a different response.

edit on 10-6-2014 by buddah6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

You should go tell that joke to his widow and young daughter and see how funny they think you are.

Idiot.

Why don't you tell them the joke about how many civilians these killers are designed to kill ..women and children included ..
Spare me dude .. don't get so sentimental about pilots crashing .. they do their share of killing innocents .. and the base called MORON .. well .. thats just plain funny ..

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: junglimogli

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Idiot.

Why don't you tell them the joke about how many civilians these killers are designed to kill ..women and children included ..
Spare me dude .. don't get so sentimental about pilots crashing .. they do their share of killing innocents .. and the base called MORON .. well .. thats just plain funny ..

Wow! How do you know this pilot has been in combat and has killed anyone? Yes, these airplanes are designed to kill so they can protect people like you and to give you the opportunity to post such hatefully things. Some one has to do the jobs required for national defense obviously not you but this doesn't give you the right to disparage their character or service.

If you would be brutally assaulted would you want assistance from the police? One was killed in your defense would that be funny? They carry guns that are design to kill for your safety. Your logic is faulty and insulting.
edit on 10-6-2014 by buddah6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join