It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supervolcano.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Just watched this vid. from 2011...what I find interesting there have been some supessed info at Yellow Stone.
This Vid is about when scientists know it is gonna blow our Gov. and USGs want to suppress it like it is not going to happen.
I can see this happening in real life. The movie is a worth watch.
Opinions please!

edit on 8-6-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I don't think it would happen in real life. Interesting idea, though. And nice video.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBlueShiroux

Ahhh but ya never know.
You could not have watched it in such short response!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It's going to happen one day for sure. Maybe in our lifetime, maybe not.

But it will blow.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Kind of a dated article, but interesting........

A rough estimate based on geologic records indicates there's a 1-in-10,000 chance of a "supereruption" at Yellowstone during our lifetimes. However, given the erratic nature of volcanoes, that number doesn't mean much. The bulging pocket of magma swishing around beneath Old Faithful might never blow its lid again. Or, it might put on a surprise fireworks show next Independence Day. Scientists just don't know. But if or when it blows, what will actually happen? Will it be the end of us all, or just a big knock to the tourism industry in Wyoming? Each of the three past supereruptions of the Yellowstone hotspot spewed more than 1,000 cubic kilometers of magma into the environment — the benchmark of a "supervolcano." According to Jacob Lowenstern, scientist-in-charge at the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory, that's a large enough eruption to cover much of North America in an ash blanket of varying thickness.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Also there is a thread on here dedicated to that somewhere.............

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I watched enjoyed the movie. Thanks for sharing.

I think this actually could happen someday, and there was some info in the movie that actually would be helpful to people who are in some kind of volcanic situation.

top topics

join