It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 push ups 20 day challange ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So there is a story going around the Internet that there will be a considerable increase in your chest muscle by the time you complete the challenge in 20 days . I wanted to know how effective it is , especially for those who are under weight .

Ill start today and see what happens by day 20 . thought i can't get a clear picture in the Internet and getting conflicting views, thought i,d take in some views from folks in ATS ..

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Thats the internet for you.

Do the test, prove the law or disprove the lies.

Good for you, best of luck

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

when I used to train actively I had these results. Just by doing pushups and situps daily your upper body strength shoots way up. I didnt do 300 a day. More like a little over a hundred. It was still great.

I say do it. It can only be good.

edit on 6 8 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

started today , did 5 sets till i could do around 80-100ish , Never really worked out before so not expecting to do 300. Am hoping by day 20 i can do 300 push ups within 3-4 sets

Would be nice if anyone could join me , ill keep posting updates for 20 days in the forum ..
edit on 8-6-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

started today , did 5 sets till i could do around 80-100ish , Never really worked out before so not expecting to do 300. Am hoping by day 20 i can do 300 push ups within 3-4 sets

I expect within a week you will be able to double your number and remeber you dont have to do all the sets, just do enough to get a good burn and then give it a rest for a few hours.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

you know what!?

I will join you sir. I have been meaning to start training again. Its been a year almost since I have and even though I feel great, I could use the extra strength. My future plans kind of require me to get a little stronger.

I will post results here.

Good luck experiment partner!
edit on 6 8 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Awesome
, that motivates me more ..

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Make sure your hands are at least shoulder-width apart. Farther apart is better. Otherwise, you're mostly using your triceps. If you don't 'feel' your chest lifting yourself up and lowering yourself down it'll be hard to achieve your intended goal.

Good luck!!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Things that effect how much muscle can be gained:

-Sex(effects testosterone)
-Previous level of activity(muscle memory)

Realistically a grown man can usually only gain around 10-15 lbs of muscle per year.

For women it's around half that, or 5-7.5 lbs.

Anything that claims gains greater than the above amount need to be looked at with extreme scrutiny. Gains in the first year of working out do tend to be higher than the subsequent years, but one should still expect realistic gains of 10 lbs at a max.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I will try it with you... I'm looking to get myself back into shape. 300 pushups every day could be tough, but I'm sure it's better for me than sitting on the couch watching TV.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

I will try it with you... I'm looking to get myself back into shape. 300 pushups every day could be tough, but I'm sure it's better for me than sitting on the couch watching TV.

Dude, two words: rowing machine.

Just put a few episodes of family guy on the tv and do some reps, most of the time you dont even notice how tired your are till the credits roll. "holy crap that was 25 minutes". Also works great on exercise bikes but i dont have one of those, i prefer the real thing

edit on b40401143 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Screw it im in too.
Been doing some here and there anyway but time to step it up and the motivation will help.
Will start tomorrow with 100 a day, bit late now being midnight almost.

Will report back on progress..keep it up

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Always a good idea to prop your feet up too, with push-ups, emphasizes the whole chest more, and always imagine someones kicking/stabbing you in the gut to keep your form, once you master the pu move onto the dip.

To the guy above who say's you can only put on 10-15 lbs of muscle on in a year, BS!, with proper training, discipline, recovery and nutrition you can put 40+ lbs on, naturally in a year.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You're probably not gonna reach 300 in a day by the 20th day, let alone the first week. That said, do as many as you can everyday for the rest of your life is definitely a positive thing.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Good for you - 300 is a lot.

I'm working on the 100 burpees a day (the 8-count version, with the pushup) the pushup part is definately holding me up...

Burpees = some sort of (addicting) torture
edit on 8-6-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I do about 300 per day in sets of 50. But Im in the army and its kind of our thing.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

Would be nice if anyone could join me , ill keep posting updates for 20 days in the forum ..

I'm in. I tried 2 finger push ups. I couldn't believe. I couldn't go down, let alone up. Yet I've been doing them for over 40 years. I guess it's true, we can and will lose that inner strenght in us. Good news is I can still do 3 finger push ups. My goal is 80 push ups in one set. I could never do 300 in one set.
Ok, right now I'm on 40 push ups , one set.
edit on 06u37522014-06-09T03:52:37-05:00523706am3 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Pecs ?
Stick to flys and pullovers. ( target )

Don't forget leg day Gents !!

Ed: Push up / sit ups = great core strength !

edit on 9-6-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I sat in county jail for 3 months about 15 years ago. At the end I was doing 1000 pushups and sit ups a day. I stacked on 30 pounds of muscle.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I've always heard your muscles need a day of rest to rebuild. When you work out, you tear the muscles you are working, and they build themselves back bigger. When you tear them the next time, they build themselves back even bigger. But if you don't give them time to build themselves through a day of rest, tearing them doesn't do any good.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join