It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 push ups 20 day challange ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Slower repetitions cause more contractile protein to be made.

Exercise muscles need activity to incorporate the new muscle into your actual movements.

For instance pro football players put on muscle all winter. That muscle is good for doing exercise but it doesn't pull along the lines that a football player moves. So in summer training camp, and all through out the season, those exercise muscles become real moving muscles.

That is why you can't put on move than 15lbs of muscle per year. Time is required to make the new muscles known to the nervous system.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
days 2 - Did 97 pushups after getting back from work . My back chest and arms were aching after yesterdays work out.
So am wondering, how many days should i rest in a week ?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21
days 2 - Did 97 pushups after getting back from work . My back chest and arms were aching after yesterdays work out.
So am wondering, how many days should i rest in a week ?

Two to four days, depending on diet, hormones, rest, and motivation.

Younger or in good cardiovascular condition, 2 days between strength/power workouts

Older or in bad condition up to a week.

In good shape and maxing out chest or hips, 4 days.

Easier workouts and different body parts can be done in between major chest or hip workouts.

Muscle and Fitness magazine talks about exercise physiology a lot.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I did my 300. Sets of 50 an hour apart. I hurt. I think more protein is in order.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
When I was in AIT we had a 3000 push up challenge. We were there for 14 weeks 6 days. I know a couple of guys who would do 3000 push ups every week.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Heh, I do on average about 100+ push ups three times a week as part of my regular workout routine which includes situps, crunches, leg lifts and side crunches. I also use dumbells and a curlbar for shrugs for traps, bicep, delt, lats and tricep toning...

Nothing wrong with getting into shape

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Maddy this is a good start. Look out for muscle imbalance however. If you have access to a gym start a basic program otherwise reddit has a bodyweight workout community. Look here-
www.reddit.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyaussi
Screw it im in too.
Been doing some here and there anyway but time to step it up and the motivation will help.
Will start tomorrow with 100 a day, bit late now being midnight almost.

Will report back on progress..keep it up

Just checking in, been at it for about a week now.
Started at 100 pushups a day now pushing 250-300 a day.
Sit ups not so much, maybe 100 a day.
Question, Should I be having protein shakes or something daily?

Hardest thing is the motivation after a long day at work, but routine does make it easier.
Will keep it going to the end of the month and go from there.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyaussi

All depends on how your diet is. Protein shakes don't do much unless your diet doesn't have enough.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
been gone for a trip for 4 days so missed it entirely , seems ill have to restart again now

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Just pounded out 300 hundred in a row. I am a sweaty mess. I have not been eating much lately. I have the physique of a concentration camp rescue. I am still deceptively strong and have the endurance of an animal.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

300 straight. Nice work....
Think im going to have to step up my game haha
Gotta keep up the food man..

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Just pounded out 300 hundred in a row. I am a sweaty mess. I have not been eating much lately. I have the physique of a concentration camp rescue. I am still deceptively strong and have the endurance of an animal.

wow.i was the same , but started eating and exercising and from 47kg's got to 61 kg's but am still very thin did 100pushups and 50 situps . Could not do anymore pushups ...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I did P90X about 3 years ago. Did it about 3-4 times a week and one of the workouts you did mainly all chest with different variations of pushups. I liked that workout a lot so I usually did that one workout 2x a week. I could feel a big difference by week 3. Back in my early 20's I was doing 500 situps a day to try and get that 6 pack. Never could quite get there...got more of a 4 pack. But still this day, 15 years later, I feel my body is still in pretty good shape for not working out. I feel my early years really set me in place. I was around 210 lbs then and now I sit around 230 lbs but no one ever can guess that I weigh that much. It also helps I am 6'2" and I have a larger frame to store that fat, lol.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I am taking a few day off. I am sore as hell. Eating and sleeping, with some stretches in between, is where I feel I need to focus. It hurts to lift a jug of milk.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Back a few years ago, I really made an effort to increase my upper body strength and be able to do more than 3-4 pushups without my body giving out on me. I worked at it for a year. I did everything you are "suppose" to do. I significantly increased the weight I could lift, but in a years time I made little progress in the ability to do pushups. I am a female BTW for those who didn't know.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I am just rolling in from the bar. I am 120 dollars richer, based on bets made on punching skills. I went up against a half dozen guys...burly rednecks and some large Mexicans, on a punching bag. I'm not sure what the machine measures, p.s.i. or velocity...anyhow...my skinny, 170 pound ass trumped guys that had 80 pounds plus on me. I'm not one to brag, but damn if my ego isn't a little inflated. The trick in delivering force is to imagine your body as a bullwhip. A strike should start at the heel, travel through the hip with a rotational motion, gather force through the weight of the rotating torso, and end with a snap focused into the middle knuckle...keep the wrist level to the forearm.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So I thought I would post an update.

So far I am doing good with the challenge. I wont lie the first days I couldnt get to 300 easily. I struggled with the last set of 50 for 3-4 days. I also had a cold for 4 days my first week into this so I was just doing as much as I could without oozing snot from every hole for those days.

Now I am happy to say that I can do the 300 with little strain. I push as far as I can get which is steadily getting higher. I am almost at 400 a day.

I have started doing all forms of exercise again. There is free municipal sports complex near my apartment and I use the outdoor machines now.

I will start running in about 2 weeks. I have to cut down on my smoking and get my cardio up to 60 year old man levels again..lol

I hope everyone is keeping up with this. It is great.

If you have failed dont sweat it. Get back in the fight for your health. Its oK to fail. Its unacceptable to give up.

To the OP and all:

Hold it down.
edit on 6 22 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I laid off for a few days...overdid it a bit. I am back at it and have done my 300 in sets of 50 for today. I have lost about 10 lbs, and I was already thin, but my muscles are becoming very sinewy...like steel cable. I feel like I am transforming into a 6ft tall spider monkey.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join