It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are British Cops So Moody?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Why are British cops so moody?

Ask them a simple question and they behave as if they've got something else on their mind. Try to explain the complex reasons you should be let off and they think they've heard it all before. Stick a camera two inches from their face and suddenly you're interfering with their ability to work.

Isn't it time they learnt their place as brightly smiling servants just waiting for the opportunity to do our dirty work without question?

Perhaps reading their blogs may give us an insight into their funny little world.

minimumcover.wordpress.com...-398

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Great read.

That goes for us American officers as well. We really do experience tragedy on a regular basis. It does take a toll on you. It does change you.

I remember a time I had to respond to a fatal motorcycle accident. A guy hit a light pole on a bridge that connects to the barrier islands (Florida). He was severed in half and of course killed instantly. From his torso down landed on the west bound lane and from his torso up he landed on the east side.

We of course had to close the causeway for a couple of hours to complete the investigation and of course move his remains.

I was cussed at by people. Told that I was lazy and that I should "get a real job." Told that they payed my salary and I should let them drive through the accident scene because they were going to be late for dinner. Mind you I had not eaten or used the restroom for about 5 hours. The detour was only ten minutes out of the way. But I was the facist for not letting them pass through.

I have had people die on me while giving CPR. I have given CPR and comforted people who I knew were not going to make it because their family was there. I have held dead infants and even at one time tied off a women's severed arm with a tourniquet fashioned out of crime scene tape.

I work twelve hour shifts. I get up at 4:30AM and get home at 6:30PM. Last night I was held over until 7:00PM.

We are not guaranteed a lunch break in our line of work. There are times where we go a full shift without being able to sit down 30 minutes for lunch. There are sometimes when I cannot use the restroom for hours upon hours.

So yeah sometimes I may be cranky. Sometimes I might not feel like being at work. Sometimes I might not feel like smiling. Sometimes I make mistakes. Sometimes I am wrong.

I am sorry, but I am only human.

Thank you for posting this.

edit on 7-6-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I dont know where your from, but the cops in my area (S.E) are quite reasonable!

As for sticking a camera "two inches from their face", try doing the same to me and my reaction would be worse than theirs! Want to use a camera? Great, thats fine by me, but stick it in my face and you'll have a problem!

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I'm not British, but it goes without saying that it is the same here.
It is no wonder they're not running around smiling all the time, given the job they're expected to do.
And who cares if they are moody? I don't.

What really grinds my gears though, is when they're NOT doing their job...

When they forget their oath, and willingly serve the interests of corporations, banksters and corrupt politicians, instead of the people.
When they beat up ordinary folks on the streets, instead of joining their ranks to get rid of the criminal cesspool in our usurped Governments.
When they kill unarmed civilians that no soldier would ever perceive as a threat.
When they give false testimony to protect the criminals in their own ranks.

Next time you LEO wonder why the people are moody and don't respect your badge... this might be why.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
Why are British cops so moody?

Ask them a simple question and they behave as if they've got something else on their mind. Try to explain the complex reasons you should be let off and they think they've heard it all before. Stick a camera two inches from their face and suddenly you're interfering with their ability to work.

Isn't it time they learnt their place as brightly smiling servants just waiting for the opportunity to do our dirty work without question?

Perhaps reading their blogs may give us an insight into their funny little world.

minimumcover.wordpress.com...-398

Guess what? Maybe they have heard it all before from idiots who think they should be let off.

And they aren't 'brightly smiling servants just waiting for the opportunity to do our dirty work without question'. What a dipsh*t thing to say. Unless you live in the 18th century that is.

Perhaps reading YOUR blog may give us an insight into YOUR funny little world.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
They have PMS
...prime minister syndrome

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Clearing up after RTAs and murders makes them heroes in my eyes.

Still...the fact that they can retire after a piddling 30 years service, as young as 50 years old - in the UK at any rate - makes me hate them.

AAAAAAAAGHHH!!

I would do that job without holidays for 30 years if it meant I could retire with a full pension at 50.

Jesus, I would already be retired 3 years...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hey , at least your officers don't try and kill you every chance they get

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

I remember a time I had to respond to a fatal motorcycle accident. A guy hit a light pole on a bridge that connects to the barrier islands (Florida). He was severed in half and of course killed instantly. From his torso down landed on the west bound lane and from his torso up he landed on the east side.

Brevard County about 4ish years back?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I should ease of on the sarcasm, it's easy to be misunderstood.

I'm in Gloucestershire. Gloucestershire Constabulary are the best in the world. Partly because we voted in an ex-copper for PCC.

Please get involved in the Police and Crime Commissioner issue in your area.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

As part of the government/media campaign against our constables the media have run stories about constables failing fitness tests. Some constables have pointed out it's often the injuries sustained while gaining the experience to be an effective peacekeeper that leaves them unable to maintain fitness levels. Also they die young as a result of the stresses of the job. Retiring early is a necessity, not a privilege.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: iskander683

I shouldn't be so sarcastic, I apologise. What I'm illustrating is the ignorant attitudes our constables put up with on a daily basis.

Please read the police blog I linked.

My other threads give an insight into my funny little world. For example a friend told a detective who investigates many murders that I claimed Paul Mckeever was murdered. The answer was, "Everyone knows that." I mentioned Paul's death to a friend who works with survivors who witnessed murders. Her answer indicated it's common knowledge that Paul Mckeever, Chairman of the Police Federation, was murdered. Yet when you search 'Paul Mckeever murdered' all you find is this... www.abovetopsecret.com... As you can see there's very little interest. A comment from you on that thread will be welcomed.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I read your thread about Paul McKeever. While I agree that the timing of his unfortunate death was very suspicious, there is no evidence to support the allegation that he was murdered.

You do, however, make some very good points about the present government wish to attack the police, demolish the office of constable and instigate a private police service which will do as the government wish.

Theresa May quite clearly has an agenda and, along with other government ministers and spin doctors, seems to take any opportunity to attack the police. The whole Winsor reform thing was very cleverly orchestrated in order to give police morale a kicking. Tom Winsor was not independent. He was a lacky who was instructed by May to get rid of as much of the police entitlements as he could and he did a pretty good job of it. This was why he was rewarded with the post of Her Majesties Inspector of Constabulary, a post that had never been held by a civilian before. That was another kick in the teeth to the British police service. And I bet that May is p*ssing herself about it.

This government is anti police and you have hit the nail on the head with the reason why. Privatisation.

Cameron was involved in the Sheehy reforms when he was a whippersnapper and the government of the time had a bit of a beating from the police Federation. Hardly any of Sheehy was instigated and Cameron has never forgotten it which is why he and his government want police blood.

Most of the government ministers and mp's have their grubby little hands involved in companies that will reap rewards from privatising the police such a G4S and Serco.

The whole thing stinks in my opinion but the public attention is cleverly kept away from the corruption.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: iskander683
....public attention is cleverly kept away from the corruption.

And that's something we need to fix. I actually let out a big sigh when I thought that. I know it's going to be a long haul.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

they die young as a result of the stresses of the job.

So do lots of people.

Like nurses, for instance.

I've known quite a few who didn't make it to retirement; usually it's cancer.

Job related? Who knows?

But you can say that about premature deaths in the police force.

My work can be very stressful...or else mind-numbingly tedious.
Just like the police really.

You paint with too broad a brush.

But it's still a bloody cushy number to retire at 55 (the usual retirement age for police, though it can be as young as 49!).

Which is why a lot of people try to join...and fail.

They can afford to be choosy.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I agree, many jobs have a slow kill effect.

When the former Chief Constable of Gloucestershire resigned to raise awareness of dangerous changes to policing I was alerted. When the call went out for activists to support the constables I responded. It sounded just about wacky enough for me. I could hear in my mind a collective groan of "Bl**dy H*ll, not him!" But it was too late. I was in.

Researching the subject I found their point of view spoken here and there. What I've heard them say about their retirement age is they're generally so knackered by then they can't wrestle with villains or try to stop drunks from killing each other.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

As part of the government/media campaign against our constables the media have run stories about constables failing fitness tests. Some constables have pointed out it's often the injuries sustained while gaining the experience to be an effective peacekeeper that leaves them unable to maintain fitness levels. Also they die young as a result of the stresses of the job. Retiring early is a necessity, not a privilege.

I showed this to my brother, former high ranking NCS, you are talking complete nonsense, keep peddling the BS, its very funny.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: biggm

Glad you're amused. Keep laughing, funny boy.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Glad you're amused. Keep laughing, funny boy.

I am, my brother is too, you are the best for ages.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Got any details on your 'brother' to convince us he isn't a figment?

new topics

top topics

join