It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does Jesus promise to return?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

There is no question about the identification of the person being Jesus.

There are several questions regarding the identity of the warrior. The warrior is unnamed. He is not called "Jesus", "son of God", "Messiah" etc. therefore is NOT Jesus.

If you are going to try to insinuate that this person is somehow your imaginary 12th Imam

I think you meant to say "Mahdi". 12th Imam is part of Shia eschatology.
And yes, "Faithful and True" = "The Rightly Guided One"

Whether you like it or not, the Bible speaks of two end times heroes, Jesus and an unnamed hero, "faithful and true".

edit on 7-6-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n
the Bible speaks of two end times heroes, Jesus and an unnamed hero.

That's your own misinterpretation. One of many.

ON TOPIC .... Where will Jesus return ....
Asked and answered.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

That's your own misinterpretation.

Jesus' name is mentioned in many places in Revelations. Yet this warrior is not named "Jesus" and so he cannot be Jesus. To assume its Jesus, shows a serious inability to comprehend simple logic.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara
The actual intention of the question, as I tried to explain before, was "In which passage or passages does he make the promise?"

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

To assume its Jesus, shows a serious inability to comprehend simple logic.

2000 years of Christian scholarship on the Christian book disagrees with your biased view. The Christian theologians are more learned and better understanding of Christian literature. You said the exact same thing about Islamic scholarship - HERE . Therefore the 'inability to comprehend simple logic' falls on you.

ON TOPIC - to the OP ... Where He returns really doesn't matter. The Earth is to be transformed into the Kingdom of Heaven, the New Jerusalem. That's what scripture says anyways. If I were to say that Jesus will return ... coming in glory across the sky for all to see .. then landing to the blast of trumpets in Jerusalem ... it really wouldn't matter because everything will be different and changed. (again .. according to scripture). We will all see Him anyways .... no matter where this stuff happens.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: DISRAELI

Oh, Mathew 24. Surely the generation that sees the restoration of the rebirth of the fig tree (Israel) shall not pass before the coming of Jesus. There is conjecture if a generation means 70 (80 by strength) or 100. Of course that drops us around the 2018 timeframe. The Revelation 12 sign in 2017 also aligns. And the 2015 Shmita year possibly signaling economic upheaval. I think you will not have long to wait before this kicks off.

The only problem with that is that Israel had never been associated with the fig tree, always as an olive tree. That prophetic message was misunderstood.

Israel always existed as a nation, but what most people don't realize is that nation and statehood do not always mean the same thing. Israel as achieved statehood and did indeed fulfill Biblical prophecies. However, John Hagee was the first to apply the fig tree to the statehood of Israel.

Next year will be the 70th anniversary of the statehood of Israel, but if we look at the other prophetic images in Matthew 24, the eagles gather where the carcass is.

But Ezekiel's vision of the valley of dry bones, the word Son of man is also used. But it was in direct reference to the rebirth of Israel. However, for this prophecy to be fulfilled completely, then all of the tribes must be known and return to Israel.

So far, Levi and Mannaseh have been brought back to Israel. I am not halachic Jew, but of the Cohens. My father's maternal ancestresses were Cohens. Therefore, even though I am not Jewish by that standard, I am also of the tribe of Levi, which the Cohens descend from.

But God only knows where all the tribes are, those who follow British-Israelism make the mistake of assuming entire tribes became nations elsewhere. That simply is not true or factual. While Jews from all the tribes went to different parts of the world, entire tribes did not and certainly did not become other countries.

Why do you suppose that when the proponents of British-Israelism are looking for the tribes, they say some of the tribes settled in other countries, but that for other countries, it suddenly is stated that the entire country is that tribe?

England is NOT Ephraim. While members of Ephraim did go to England, the whole country is not Ephraim. But the tribes are returning to Israel, as individual peoples and not as whole tribes. They might become full tribes once again, but at this juncture, they simply are descendants. And the rabbinical councils are ruling on who may be Jew. That is why as a direct descendant of the Kohanim, I may have tribal affiliation but not Jewish identity. That may change once there are enough people to make up tribes again.

If we are basing everything on the fig tree, then the tribes aren't important. But if we are going on all Biblical prophecy, then the return and establishment of tribes must happen. And that's the olive tree.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
ON TOPIC - to the OP ... Where He returns really doesn't matter.

Agreed, but the intended topic was "Where (in the text) does he say so?", rather than "Where will he be when he keeps the promise?"
When you re-read the OP, you will see that it was dealing with the first of those topics, not the second.
The question was echoing and hopefully answering challenges I've seen previously on ATS.

edit on 7-6-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
In all of my studies, research, contemplation/meditation, and thought -
he (Jesus, as Jesus from paintings and other artistic renderings) is not "returning" at all.

It's a myth.
This is not to say that I don't believe humanity will find a way to realize the "Kingdom of Heaven" on Earth - it's about what WE do NOW - not waiting for some future day that someone will come and do it for us. The entire message of Jesus was that WE CAN DO THIS.

Even if the spirit of Jesus does return (and imo probably already has, but was ignored).....it will not make much difference.
Every generation has a 'teacher' - but no one listens anymore. They just keep waiting for some Hollywood spectacle.

Suppose his reincarnation is here right now! In my opinion, it'd be the Dalai Lama. Although Pope Francis seems to be on board with the actual teachings of Jesus. Too bad the RCC has such a bad rap right now.

The thing is......THE THING IS....WE, living humans, have to work TOGETHER to get it to be what it could be.
Waiting around for some doomsday judgment thing is lazy.
IMO.

edit on 6/7/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: typos. gha

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

No it's not strange at all. There is no question about the identification of the person being Jesus. If you are going to try to insinuate that this person is somehow your imaginary 12th Imam.. don't bother. We can preempt that discussion right now. Jesus is referred to in Christian scripture by many titles.

How can you Christians justify the revelation of John !

1 And a great sign was seen in heaven; a woman arrayed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars; 2 and she was with child: and she crieth out, travailing in birth, and in pain to be delivered. 3 And there was seen another sign in heaven; and behold, a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his heads seven diadems. 4 And his tail draweth the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was about to be delivered, that when she was delivered he might devour her child. 5 And she was delivered of a son, a man child, who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and unto his throne. 6And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that there they may nourish her a thousand two hundred and threescore days. ---John revelation 12

1- Why did not John mention that the woman was Marry !?
2- Why did not John mention that the son was Jesus !? while he knew Jesus.
3- Who are those twelve stars !? Why did not John mention that they were disciples !? while he knew the disciples.
4- Who is the third star cast on the ground !?

I give you a clue !
Take a look at the Aramaic gospel of Matthew. Chapter 3 and verse 11.
John the baptist says :

I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you withc the Holy Spirit and fire. 12His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

When you look at the Aramaic words you see that John the Baptist is saying :

I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes Hussain, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry.

Aramaic (Syriac) bibles and it's alphabets are at hand on net. They have translated the word Hussain to the word mightier.
Fortunately Jews have forgotten to clean this one from Gospels.
I can even show you the exact Aramaic word !

This revelation is about the end times. The twelfth star is alive and he will return. And that woman is no one but Fatima !!!
edit on 7-6-2014 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Suppose his reincarnation is here right now!

There is are scripture quotes where Jesus could be hinting at His reincarnation ...

Jesus speaking -

Matthew 16:27-28 "For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done. Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

John 21:21-23 " "Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? Follow thou me. Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true".

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: maes2
How can you Christians justify the revelation of John !

Actually, I think it's just hallucinations. Revelations has nothing to do with salvation.

The twelfth star is alive and he will return. And that woman is no one but Fatima !!!

The revelation quote is about MARY ... not Muhammads daughter Fatima. There is nothing about Muhammad or his kid in the Bible. Not a darn thing. Except maybe discussions on the anti-christ.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: maes2

Wow, that just got nuts really fast.

Maes, we all know that Mohammed is not the messenger to come. And Hussein, you are taking that as the actual name of someone?

Hussein, which means the blessed? Wow, talk about yanking Islam into the discussion.

What does Yeshua haMoshiac mean? Salvation of the Messiah. The one who IS messiah and the one who brings salvation. Can you point to the one who brings salvation in Islam? There is none, so Islam is missing out on salvation, even though it claims descendency from Torah and the Bible. Deny the Son, the Son denies you before the Father. Jesus said that, so if you are denying Yeshua haMoshiac as the Son, then you are denying salvation the Son brings, and what had been prophesied a thousand years before Him, that He fulfilled.

Islam denies the Son, therefore Islam has not found salvation. The Blessed One, is Yeshua HaMoshiac.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

To assume its Jesus, shows a serious inability to comprehend simple logic.

2000 years of Christian scholarship on the Christian book disagrees with your biased view. The Christian theologians are more learned and better understanding of Christian literature..

and those same christian theologians hold Moses, Abraham and other old testament prophets in high regard unlike you, southpark fan. Question remains for serious intelligent students of eschatology, why isnt the warrior named or addressed as ''Jesus''. Answer: He is NOT Jesus, but is an unnamed hero who shows up at around the time of Jesus' return. 'faithful and true' is none other than the one called 'rightly guided'. The hero of revelation is the Mahdi.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

and those same christian theologians hold Moses, Abraham and other old testament prophets in high regard

YOU are the one who says hundreds of years of Islamic scholarship can't be questioned ... so naturally by that standard then THOUSANDS of years of Christian scholarship shouldn't be questioned either .. and especially not by a random someone like you. Same/same.

unlike you, southpark fan.

Your continued obsession with my avatar is patholigical. You do realize your CHAOS avatar is in direct opposition to God who is order and justice, right? More of your hypocrisy.

The hero of revelation is the Mahdi.

That's absurd. You continue to try to force Islam into the Christian bible.
Square peg in round hole. It doesn't fit. As usual - epic fail.
edit on 6/7/2014 by FlyersFan because: link

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

@ ff..... You continue to try to force Islam into the Christian bible.
Square peg in round hole.
no...the bible clearly speaks of an end times hero (faithful and true) who corresponds with the one Islam recognizes as ''rightly guided''.... A warrior sent by God Himself to correct the world.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

the bible clearly speaks of an end times hero (faithful and true) who corresponds with the one Islam recognizes as ''rightly guided''.... A warrior sent by God Himself to correct the world.

Islam is incorrect. It is in direct opposition to Christian scripture and easily debunked. Therefore any warrior sent by God wouldn't be Islamic. Any Islamic warrior would be anti-christ. There is nothing about Islam in Christian scripture, except (as I said) antichrist.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

the bible clearly speaks of an end times hero (faithful and true) who corresponds with the one Islam recognizes as ''rightly guided''.... A warrior sent by God Himself to correct the world.

Islam is incorrect..
false. If islam was incorrect it wouldnt be taking over christiann America and Christian europe. Face the fact, God WILLED it. END OF STORY. God hates religions that places men above Him.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

If islam was incorrect it wouldnt be taking over christiann America and Christian europe.

Scripture is clear .. in the end times most of the world will go astray and worship falsely. Jesus Himself lamented about not being able to find the truth when He returns. Since you claim the false (and easily debunked) doctrine of Islam is taking over the world, then it fits with what Jesus said about evil and falsehood running things when he returns. Congratulations .. you have just proven me correct ... again. Islam is the evil Jesus spoke of.

And since this topic is about His return ... I'll post Jesus lamentations about that event ...

Luke 18:8 - "however, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?
Matthew 24:10 - At that time many will turn away from the faith and betray and hate each other.

1 Timothy 4:1 - The Spirit clearly says that in later times people will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and taught things by devils.

2 Thessalonians:2:3 "Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first"

Obviously the error of hate filled Islam is the doctrine of deceiving spirits and devils as warned about by Jesus and those people whom He taught.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60
when a world changing event like the destruction of temple in Jerusalem happens...

This does not fulfil "gathered all the nations", or any of the other indications that the N.T. is expecting a general world event rather than a localised event.
Paul preached to the Gentiles on the basis that "You need to repent, because you are all going to be judged".
If he had been preaching on the basis of "You need to repent, because in a couple of years Jerusalem will be destroyed, which will have no efffect on your lives because you are not Jews or inhabitants of Jerusalem", it would not have worked.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

If islam was incorrect it wouldnt be taking over christiann America and Christian europe.

Obviously the error of hate filled Islam is the doctrine of deceiving spirits and devils as warned about by Jesus and those people whom He taught.
No, you are filled with hatred for the biblical religion because you have openly expressed hate for the old testament prophets. You have brought upon yourself the curses of Jews, Christians and Muslims.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join