It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me understand why people need assault rifles to protect themselves

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockflier
This is kind of funny but unfortunately true. The perception of the general public versus reality where weapons are concerned. As long as the anti gun forces remain active, I fear this misconception will continue. VERY few of us (unless FFL Holders)
can actually LEGALLY own a fully automatic "assault" or military grade weapon.

You can own one made before 1986 if you have about 20-60 grand burning a hole in your pocket.

Edit: I remember seeing a mini-gun for sale for like 350 grand a few years ago. lol
edit on 15-6-2014 by TuEsIncredibiliterStultus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Well, if we want to get really exotic, we can get a shiny, brand new M60 Machine Gun running about $42,000.

$11,000 would buy a Semi-Automatic M-60. Who knew there was such a thing? Ammo would hurt, but that would be fun!

Of course, I wouldn't recommend either for home defense unless home is in Fallujah, Iraq perhaps. Then? Maybe not a bad idea to get them both to be covered.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
Well, if we want to get really exotic, we can get a shiny, brand new M60 Machine Gun running about $42,000.

$11,000 would buy a Semi-Automatic M-60. Who knew there was such a thing? Ammo would hurt, but that would be fun!

Of course, I wouldn't recommend either for home defense unless home is in Fallujah, Iraq perhaps. Then? Maybe not a bad idea to get them both to be covered.

Damn, I want an M60 big time too. First I gotta make one of my mk18's full auto though. Gotta try and find one of those drop in auto sears. Still probably run me 15-20 grand just for that tiny piece of metal, lol.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Not in to spray and pray or hose down the air and hope to hit the target. I had enough of that in the army.

There are some ideas I would like to share with other good shooters.

Always start out with a well built gun and then either load the ammo to match the resonant frequency of the gun barrel, or crown the gun until it likes the ammo.

This could take some time or you could just go find a place where they shoot bench rest targets and ask for help there.

After you proof the gun as good to go you will next need to get yourself out to the range.

This next part gets tricky so I'll wait for questions about some shot group problems and hit them one at a time.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: waltwillis
Not in to spray and pray or hose down the air and hope to hit the target. I had enough of that in the army.

Yeah, it's basically just fun at the range. Other than that it's just a waste of ammo 99% of the time. I guess if you had to lay down some cover fire or something it would come in handy.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Forgot to say my wife got me a 50 BMG and a 3rd plus gen NVS. Some Navy seals gave me a few very expensive ammo with a green tip. Everyone should have a 50 BMG with a NVS.

The must read book that a friend wrote is called "Enemies Foreign and Domestic".
He is a retired seal that writes well enough to give you nightmares.

That is too bad that the folks at your range don't shoot that well. Got some friends here that are giving me a run for my money and they feel the same way about what is coming.

We don't NEED a so called "Assault Weapon", but the way I see it our founding fathers did not call it the "Bill of Needs".

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TuEsIncredibiliterStultus

Damn, I want an M60 big time too. First I gotta make one of my mk18's full auto though. Gotta try and find one of those drop in auto sears. Still probably run me 15-20 grand just for that tiny piece of metal, lol.

Don't. They break and while legally they can be repaired; they break again...

Try a Mac-10/Mac-11 paired with a Lage manufacturing Max-10/Max-11 mk2 slowfire upper receiver. Paired with the variable buffer system it's allows 690, 770 or 950 RPM fire. It turns this bullet hose into a competition grade sub-gun.

5k invested with years of smiles for free. Highly recommended.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: waltwillis

What scope you runnin' on that 50? Also, is it a Barrett m82a1? 95?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

Don't. They break and while legally they can be repaired; they break again...

Try a Mac-10/Mac-11 paired with a Lage manufacturing Max-10/Max-11 mk2 slowfire upper receiver. Paired with the variable buffer system it's allows 690, 770 or 950 RPM fire. It turns this bullet hose into a competition grade sub-gun.

5k invested with years of smiles for free. Highly recommended.

How is an auto sear gonna break? I was under the impression they received little wear and tear. Also, not a big Mac-10/11 fan(I'm assuming that's what you meant. I don't know what a Max-10 is). If I were to go the sub gun route, I'd go with an MP-5, maybe even the MP-5 with the integrated suppressor. I've heard one of them in person and they are extremely quiet as far as suppressors go.

edit on 15-6-2014 by TuEsIncredibiliterStultus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

It's a LAR with a Springfield Art IV sniper scope. I change it over to The NVS when needed.
The 50 BMG may be needed to go long and hard, but I prefer my CZ-550 in 308 for under 1,000 yards.
I shot one hole at 100 yards out of the box with a friends hand loads. When I say one hole ... I mean just one round hole.
If it were not for the 1/16" upper right and lower left my friend would not have believed his eyes.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Because they are fearful of the US government...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Has anyone here every heard of a guy named John Titor or Andrew Basiago that claim to have worked for the government in a time travel project?

Titor said that in the year 2015 Russia will hit us with nukes to support a popular uprising. The cities will not be a safe place to be in that year according to his report.

In 1999 this sounded far fetched, but now I'm not so sure it can't happen.

Also, I am more inclined to believe such reports after seeing aliens up close. I just want the secrets to stop and for the government to tell the American people the truth.

If Titor is real and his story true we are in deep dodo.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I shot one hole at 100 yards out of the box with a friends hand loads. When I say one hole ... I mean just one round hole.
If it were not for the 1/16" upper right and lower left my friend would not have believed his eyes.

Yeah, if it weren't for that one flier to the upper right, it would have been one hole on mine too. They weren't hand loads though. Was that a five round group in one hole or three?

Also, do you have a thread on this alien experience of yours?

As far as the nukes go, and time travel, I doubt it. I guess it's possible, but I'd like to think we have a fairly good, multi-layerd, missile defense system, but I could very well be wrong on that.

edit on 16-6-2014 by TuEsIncredibiliterStultus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TuEsIncredibiliterStultus

A "lightening link" from my experience. How? I'm not sure. With only 5000 rounds down range despite the $8000 cost it doesn't really matter. I was screwed.

And yes of course on the mp-5 route. However I'm not willing to dish out 30k for a subgun though. At roughly 1/ 5 of the price the Mac/Max combo is hard to beat. Very hard.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dicko
Because they are fearful of the US government...

Need to be a bit more specific: It is not our government that may cause the problem, but some fools in government both ours as well as some other fool government.

Read your history and look up the word "Democide".

About 270 million people were murdered by governments just in the last century, and that was done by their own countrymen.

Could it happen here? Do you believe it could not?

Read your history!

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Yeah, if it weren't for that one flier to the upper right, it would have been one hole on mine too. They weren't hand loads though. Was that a five round group in one hole or three?

Also, do you have a thread on this alien experience of yours?

As far as the nukes go, and time travel, I doubt it. I guess it's possible, but I'd like to think we have a fairly good, multi-layerd, missile defense system, but I could very well be wrong on that.

I kept my life very private for reasons you may best understand after you listen to the reported interview I gave in 2012.
Just go to youtube and type in the words " the story of walt willis" and listen to a 31 minute audio.

Most folks will not believe the report, but they are the ones that will freak out if or when the government tells the truth.
The slave/master world we now live in must end and the secrets are what keep the masters in control of the 99%.

The truth will set you free!

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor
a reply to: TuEsIncredibiliterStultus

A "lightening link" from my experience. How? I'm not sure. With only 5000 rounds down range despite the $8000 cost it doesn't really matter. I was screwed.

And yes of course on the mp-5 route. However I'm not willing to dish out 30k for a subgun though. At roughly 1/ 5 of the price the Mac/Max combo is hard to beat. Very hard.

Just curious; have you thought about a 12ga. magnum home defender semi-auto that holds 8 rounds?
00 Buck with 12 pellets at a time traveling around 1,600 feet per second can do wonders at a rate of two or three rounds per second.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
And the winning answer to the question is: DEMOCIDE!

Democide is a term revived and redefined by the political scientist R. J. Rummel as "the murder of any person or people by their government, including genocide, politicide and mass murder." Rummel created the term as an extended concept to include forms of government murder that are not covered by the term [genocide], and it has become accepted among other scholars.[1][2][3] According to Rummel, democide passed war as the leading cause of non-natural death in the 20th century.[4][5]

Definition

Democide is the murder of any person or people by their government, including genocide, politicide and mass murder. Democide is not necessarily the elimination of entire cultural groups but rather groups within the country that the government feels need to be eradicated for political reasons and due to claimed future threats. According to Rummel, genocide has three different meanings. The ordinary meaning is murder by government of people due to their national, ethnic, racial or religious group membership. The legal meaning of genocide refers to the international treaty on genocide, the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide. This also includes nonlethal acts that in the end eliminate or greatly hinder the group. Looking back on history, one can see the different variations of democides that have occurred, but it still consists of acts of killing or mass murder. A generalized meaning of genocide is similar to the ordinary meaning but also includes government killings of political opponents or otherwise intentional murder. In order to avoid confusion over which meaning is intended, Rummel created the term democide for the third meaning.[6]

The objectives of such a plan of democide include the disintegration of the political and social institutions of culture, language, national feelings, religion, and the economic existence of national groups; the destruction of the personal security, liberty, health, dignity; and even the lives of the individuals belonging to such groups.[7]

Rummel defines democide as "the murder of any person or people by a government, including genocide, politicide, and mass murder". For example, government-sponsored killings for political reasons would be considered democide. Democide can also include deaths arising from "intentionally or knowingly reckless and depraved disregard for life"; this brings into account many deaths arising through various neglects and abuses, such as forced mass starvation. Rummel explicitly excludes battle deaths in his definition. Capital punishment, actions taken against armed civilians during mob action or riot, and the deaths of noncombatants killed during attacks on military targets so long as the primary target is military, are not considered democide.[8]

He has further stated: "I use the civil definition of murder, where someone can be guilty of murder if they are responsible in a reckless and wanton way for the loss of life, as in incarcerating people in camps where they may soon die of malnutrition, unattended disease, and forced labor, or deporting them into wastelands where they may die rapidly from exposure and disease."

Some examples of democide cited by Rummel include the Great Purges carried out by Joseph Stalin in the Soviet Union, the deaths from the colonial policy in the Congo Free State, and Mao Zedong's Great Leap Forward, which resulted in a famine killing millions of people. According to Rummel, these were not cases of genocide because those who were killed were not selected on the basis of their race, but were killed in large numbers as a result of government policies. Famine is classified by Rummel as democide if it fits the definition above.

For instance, Rummel re-classified Mao Zedong's Great Leap Forward as democide in 2005. He had believed that Mao's policies were largely responsible for the famine, but that Mao was misled about it, and finally when he found out, he stopped it and changed his policies. Therefore, thought Rummel, it was not an intentional famine and thus not a democide. However, claims from Jung Chang and Jon Halliday's controversial Mao: the Unknown Story allege that Mao knew about the famine from the beginning but didn't care, and eventually Mao had to be stopped by a meeting of 7,000 top Communist Party members. Based on the book's claims, Rummel now views the famine as intentional and a democide. Taking this into account, the total for Chinese Communist Party democide is 77 million, more than the Soviet Union (62 million), Nazi Germany (21 million), or any other regime in the 20th century.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Because you can't get a tank under the pillow.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Perhaps one would need to defend themselves from a large group of home invaders.
You would really need to be able to fire off at least 300 rounds per minute.

Are you serious?
ARE YOU SERIOUS?

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join