It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman Carrying Rifles in Moncton Canada After Shooting

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: g146541

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: g146541
a reply to: Pimpintology
The RCMP are just trying to avoid an LAPD.
When they eventually get the poor guy cornered, they don't want to broadcast "burn em down" over the airwaves.
Like when the LAPD murdered Dorner.
Judge jury and executioner, and folks wonder why the kid flipped out.
Actually he just might have had a moment of extreme clarity.

Well haven't you been proved wrong - do you not realise that you come across as slightly challenged? The murderer in this case was the guy killing the police - what does 'moment of extreme clarity' mean exactly?

Real easy to come across as such an a$$hole on a site where you are anonymous, I hope you aren't quite as bad in real life.

Wait a minute there, you are gonna "told you so" when the police did what they were supposed to do?
Would this young man have been collared if there was no media?
Historical evidence points otherwise.
Sure the cops did their job, I'm not giving them an attaboy though, when I don't burn the burgers my boss does not cheer for me.
Most importantly even including the deaths, is the police problem has been thrust into the limelight and other officers are on notice.
Treat us as we should be, otherwise face danger.
To add, in the real world, I call bullspit where I see it, even to peoples faces.
I am not a politically correct person at all.
If it hurts, that's because it is true.

Why should it hurt me what you are? Ts & Cs limit me saying what I think that is, but glad you believe you can come out with comments such as

"Would this young man have been collared if there was no media?
Historical evidence points otherwise."

And believe there is actually evidence to say that - by its nature you can't because you would have no idea what actually did happen.

Anyway, don't bother replying to this post please, I'm not really in the mood to listen to attitude for the sake of it from someone I don't know.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Good analogy,however do not make it seem like the good relationship is because the RCMP do not behave the same ways as all other Police organisations because they do in every way.

In smaller communitys where most Canadians have their first interactions with the RCMP the relationships are better because most of the illegal crimes Police commit happen in urban areas like cities,where is is easy to cover up,remember that it is hard for a parson to hide a crime from the police and it is impossible for the police to hde their crimes from each other.

I am a supporter of civil Policing,but not of the Blue Wall.

Until I see Police charging and imprisoning Police EXACTLY the same ways they do everyone else I will not give my 100% endorsement .

There are MASSIVE problems with the system and they ALL STEM from the refusal of the Police to Police themselves.

I see police comitting crimes on videos online ALL THE TIME and I NEVER see reply videos being posted showing that any of them have been charged for their crimes,but I DO SEE many many other people actively pursued online.

This dynamic is self-explanatory, we expect the good Apples to bust the Bad Apples for us IMMEDIATLY,not to turn the other cheek and let us all be put at risk.

There are Police men and women reading this right now and as much as I understand the esprit de corps they know they are in the wrong if they allow their workmates to break the laws,and if the job is to hard to do they need to find other work,if you are a Poilce person you are required to arrest your peers when you suspect they have committed a crime,and we do not see this happening.

Everyone supports the Poilce services,we simply do NOT support the refusal of Police to arrest and charge other Police.

In the past there was no way to make this self-policing happen,with the internet it is automatic,and if no action is taken when we ALL SEE the impacts online of Crimes committed by the Police in different areas of the world then the Police services lose support quickly and with good reason.

Lets be honest ,you cannot hide the graft anymore,if laws are broken and we all see it online we expect somthing to be done about it,so NO you cannot bury cases anymore and you cannot support your peers who screw up on the job.

Lets also be honest in saying that if you even consider not taking action when you are a cop and you suspect another cop of crimes,you instantly become an accessory.

For anyones reference things which happen in firefights are not what I am talking about, the police persons job is a complicated one and things can happen fast and they must be expected to rely on conditionng which flies in the face of their natural instincts,there will always be errors in this process we will expect and make concessions for,but get real law enforcement,when we see a 220 lb cop beat a 16 year old girl nearly to her death when she is in custody and not a threat we want action immeditly and not only that we WANT EVERYONE WHO SLOWED DOWN ACTION CHARGED WITH THE ORIGINAL OFFENDER.

When we see kids at rallys pusjed around and intimidated,when we see people pulled over and assaulted,when we see peoples basic rights ignored and trampled upon ,when we see kids and old ladies and mentally challenged people with thousands of volts of electricity running through their bodies cooking them to death from the inside out laying on the ground doing the chicken while COPS yell at them to stop moving or they will get it again,we arent retarded and we know those people CANNOT STOP THE INVOLUNTARY MOVEMENTS,and we know the cops can legally keep applying juice for as long as their verbal commands are not listened to,this is MURDER.

In Canada if You are walking donw a street and are asked to stop by a Policeman and you have committed no crime and tell them so,they will demand that you stop on command,if you continue walking and ignore them or simply tell them that if you arent being arrested you are continuing on your way,you will be met with a sequence of escalating violence ending in your death if it isnt stopped by your 100% compliance.

Do you understand this?

You will be FORCED TO COMPLY and if you do not comply to the verbal commands all levels of force up to and including your death are supported by the Police, just refusing to stop walking can easily get you killed.

First comes the command,then your legal refusal,then another illegal command,then the Taser comes out illegally and if you dont stop drop and roll you MAY be killed with the taser,illegally.

Police call punches to the heads of women and children "stun" tactics,they also call knees to your head face down on the pavement "tactics".

We have ALL SEEN MANY of these actions,and we are sick of it,and we EXPECT THE COPS WHO CLAIM THEY ARE GOOD APPLES TO STEP UP OR STEP BACK.

We arent blaming the bad cops because we all know there are bad Apples in every barrel,we are AIMING OUR FOCUS at the supposedly good men and women who REFUSE to self-police,we alraedy KNOW WHERE THE PROBLEM IS.

We want prosecutors to NOT IGNORE evidences against Police,based on low likelyhood of sucess in court created by the Blue Wall they know exists,we want those cases pushed through EVERY TIME due to the nature of the crimes being committed by persons in positions of civic trust.

I have worked at jobs where graft was deeply ingrained,and no it isnt easy,but YES it is fullfilling when you defeat that status quo and clean out all of the arseholes and criminals who make it through the hiring process.

Just temember that you can help 1000 people as a Police man or woman and create a positive lifelong relationship with them and ONE ARSEHOLE co-worker can break the laws and abuse a person end up online and ruin ALL OF YOUR WORK and create online literally hundreds of thousands of people who now hate the people who are good and trying to help them.

The internet has forced you law enforcement people to all buck-up and clean house,if you cannot or will not do that then you should find a new job.

And please no complaining,we iunderstand you work with the worst of the worst,you know very well we are talking about abuses put upon regular people,women and kids, these crimes are committed by Officers with behavioural emotional and psycologiogical problems,not normal healthy minds.

it has never been the Police against the people .it is the Police FOR the people,leadership needs to be re-educated and the culture within Law |Enforcement must be changed ASAP.

It all starts by Police following the law which means your verbal commands mean squat,they are verbal requests unless you are in the process of an arrest in which case should you be breaking the law in the process you must be accountable for that action.

If a Police person is simply asking the public for assistance then they are REQUESTING SOMETHING.

If a person is being arrested then a Police officers requests have become demands,and ONLY THE ARREST PROCESS CAN CHANGE THOSE REQUESTS INTO ORDERS LEGITIMATELY BACKED BY ESCALATING LEVELS OF VIOLENCE UP TO AND INCLUDING DEATH.

It is law enforcement that refuses to respect the public catalysing this societal issue.

It is the courts refusal to punish police who illegally lay charges that catalyses everything,the process has intentionally been borken by the people doing the poliing and by the people doing the prosecuting.

if there is a real and tangible consequence for illegally detaining and holding or assaulting a person and if those consequences are actioned then the relationship between police and the public will improve dramaticlly.

But you CANNOT simply command people to obey you if they have not committed a crime because you are a law enforcement person,you are only there to enforce laws,not give verbal commands outside of that action.

So YES this means I can tell a cop to take a hike to their face if I have committed no crime and am not being arrested and do not wish to assist,and even if they dont like it they have to buck it up and back off ASAP,but ha ha ha if you try that in Canada you will end up at the least roughed up or tazed and possibly dead due to the accepted policy of escalating violence by the police.

In short the police engage this escalating level of force up to and including death to support illegal actions all the time,stopping a person and making a verbal command that CAN be backed up with escalating levels of violence up to death instead of a request for assistance when an ARREST IS NOT IN PROGRESS is a crime,and you cannot just arrest now and let the courts settle it later as is being done.

In short no one really has to listen to a police officer if they have not committed a crime and are not being arrested for one,everything else is voluntary,period.

I support the Police and am happy they found a way to end this situation with no further deaths,now we can let the system do its job and allow society and those families to get the closure they require.

I have faith in the system,I know there are more good than bad apples in the barrell.In todays world things are beginning to self-police,things are being forced in a better direction,sooner or later the leadership of Police forces will see that times have changed and we will see improvements over traditional methods which are now being exposed enmasse online every day.

The internet has now policed the police and now it is up to the people to pressure their politicians to change the courts so that the people exposed by the internet ARE PROSECUTED FULLY AND COMPLETELY EVERY TIME,THERE IS NO WINDOW OF OOPRTUNITY TO NOT DO THIS ANYMORE,simply because everyone is watching now and nothing can be easily covered up.

The good apples need the court system to help them get rid of the bad apples,so now people need to ask for that to happen.

The good cops need the people AND the court system to supprt them now that times are changing and WE THE PEOPLE NEED TO START MAKING IT HAPPEN.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I never log in...but I logged in just to give you a star. This whole situation with Justin Bourque has inspired me to find *legal* ways to deal with this injustice. I hope he gives his reasons and more people realize how they really are at the mercy of perceived police power. Thank you!

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

You nailed it dude.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: natters

I never log in...but I logged in just to give you a star. This whole situation with Justin Bourque has inspired me to find *legal* ways to deal with this injustice. I hope he gives his reasons and more people realize how they really are at the mercy of perceived police power. Thank you!

Are you saying he was justified in his actions? That this is the RCMP's fault?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

He clearly baited the RCMP. He went outside with his guns and camo and waited for his neighbors to call the police. Then he just waited for them to show up and ambushed them. He had planned this and the RCMP didn't initiate any sort of agression. Who knows what caused his vendetta with the police in the first place (my guess is he was turned down for a restricted firearms license, which is up to the RCMP who gets one and who doesn't).

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Tybrus
Yes sir he has a saiga shotgun and he is carrying and an AR15 stocked 12 guage.He is quite encumbered and bullet meat to ANYONE who knows how to shoot a human accurately.

Such an act in public will have an inevitable result,as the nutball's gun acquisition is as well. Couple THAT with our Govrnment and now you know why I have them ...and training.

edit on 6-6-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: Sorry mistake.

edit on 6-6-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I meant to reply to one4all!! OOPS! And of course now I'm too late to edit my post haha. So sorry for the confusion!

Edited to add: no, I dont feel that this is the RCMP's fault. But I think he has over reacted to an over reaction on the rcmp's part....which has led to this unfortunate situation. The RCMP is in desperate need of an overhaul, soon rather than later. I hope that good comes from this....(assuming that the reasoning behind the shooters actions is in fact the killing of Daniel Levesque in Codiac)
edit on 6-6-2014 by natters because: adding in a blurb

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
One of the RCMP officers shot but not killed was a young lady who had only recently started working in Moncton, after having started her RCMP career in my father's hometown here in Newfoundland.

I'm not enamored with the police. I feel unsafe when they're around, and have had both very good and very bad encounters with officers doing their jobs, especially as a teen and much younger man.

It doesn't make me happy to admit that if that happened ten, or maybe even 5 years ago, I may well have been smugly satisfied given just how corrupt the RCMP is on an organizational level. But I've done a lot of growing up since, and I realize that three people - folks with families, children - have had their lives snuffed out because some gun-nut wanted a lifetime of notoriety.

An associate of mine who knows my general distaste for LEOs said something along the lines of 'Looks some friggen good on them mounties down in Moncton, ay b'y?' So, I said 'No b'y, it don't look good on 'em at all. Those fellers had families the same as you do, and their youngsters will never see their fadders face again.'

^please note my pathetic attempt to bring our outport Newfoundland accents to ATS

He didn't have anything more to say on the matter.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

You can say all of the same about the Aurora killer, though.

Bottom line here, I want to know what antidepressants this goofball was taking. Hopefully the Canadian media is less financially compromised by mainstream media corporate ownership ties and will truthfully report that fact... but I won't hold my breath.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You could argue that the media in this country is even more in the pocket of Big Pharma, because while a visit to the doctor in Canada for a Canadian is free, a refill on the prescription he gives you sure as # isn't.

My brother takes a certain med for his brain tumors that's something like $80 for 2, along those lines anyway. Well, at least they work, as his latest scan showed them having shrank quite a bit.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Bottom line here, I want to know what antidepressants this goofball was taking. Hopefully the Canadian media is less financially compromised by mainstream media corporate ownership ties and will truthfully report that fact... but I won't hold my breath.

They aren't going to give the motive. They almost never do. He would have needed to leave a note on FB or mail in a manifesto. Fact is this guy was talking about it. Because one of his friends posted "You know this wasn't the answer" on his page. So his friends who were contacted by the media knew the motive and the media never told what his friends said. There is your answer.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Pimpintology

His FB page is full of anti-police memes shared from groups like Cop Block. I sure hope that no blowback over this gets FB groups like that shut down, because Cop Block does a good job of getting the word out about police corruption and unlawful force.
edit on 6/6/2014 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This happened not too far from me, moncton is the closest "city" to me. If there is no one else on the road it takes me about 45 minutes to get there, with traffic, anywhere up to two hours. Anyways, I was surprised they took him alive. I am no fan at all of the RCMP, most I have come across has given off the same "better than you" vibe the NYPD gave me. I guess they aren't as far gone as US police, but I am still glad there are only 2 RCMP in my town at any given time. No other police at all, except 2 RCMP guys that are paid to do nothing but sit in a cozy little office building and twiddle their thumbs until they are called. They are hardly ever called. Last time they were, it was to take a poor sap fisherman out of the noose he hung himself with last year.

Remember the boston bombing? It was similar, moncton was locked down. RCMP actually pointed their guns at anyone trying to enter or exit. Surreal, never thought I would see that up here. I guess even Canada never let a good tragedy go to waste, and test what people will take. All day today the radio station I have listened to, and people calling in have been praising the RCMP for a job well done. Very unsettling. The only reason he turned himself in at all was the crap weather we been having, he would still be out there had he had the brains to have raingear.
edit on Fri, 06 Jun 2014 22:57:25 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
im from Moncton and today on the radio someone was suggesting the death penalty only for those who shoot cops.. also rumours that he was fired from his job 3 hours before he started his rampage

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

i was also disturbed that essentially martial law was put into place.. i attend college here in Moncton and that was closed, along with every other education institution that day.. my brother went to work, was sent home, most of my friends did not work that day..

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: hubcity506
a reply to: TKDRL

i was also disturbed that essentially martial law was put into place.. i attend college here in Moncton and that was closed, along with every other education institution that day.. my brother went to work, was sent home, most of my friends did not work that day..

It's really amazing how much people confuse martial law and common sense in a fluid situation.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

please note my pathetic attempt to bring our outport Newfoundland accents to ATS

Your attempt was right on the money because as I was reading your post, I could hear the accent perfectly in my mind.

Laughed my arse off reading that, ay b'y !

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Common sense? Stay in your house until we say you can come out. Try to leave or enter your neighborhood and you will have guns pointed at you and turned back. Common sense sounds a lot like martial law. Thankfully people that were locked out of their own neighborhoods had a bit of help. I hope no one loses their job due to being a prisoner in their neighborhood.
edit on Sun, 08 Jun 2014 02:15:23 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

<< 11  12  13   >>

join