It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Physical Reality be a Dream?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Aphorism

We cannot philosophize in dreams. We can philosophize in waking life.

Says you.

Say I:
Yes, "we" can philosophize in dreams.

I do, frequently.
edit on 6/5/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

+1

I often analyze the dream whíle dreaming it.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Richardus

+1

I often analyze the dream whíle dreaming it.

How often do you lucid dream?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
originally posted by: YouAreDreaming

[I]BuzzyWigs[/I] I analyze the dream whíle dreaming it.

You are not dreaming you are astral traveling. You have a body in the 3d, yet your soul/spirit is out of body experiencing the 4th/5th dimensions. The fact you can analyze the experience says much. Are you experiencing tests, those fear related, uncommon situations that for the normal 'dreamer' would wake one up? nightmarish type. When in this situation it always involves my understanding of "WHOA" this is not dream this is real and the tests start. Are able to fall and feel pain? are you able to eat food drink liquids/have sex when you are traveling. You are not "dreaming" if you can "FEEL", you are out of body. Has anyone you have met while traveling said to you "I NEED YOU TO MEET MY FREINDS?" This will happen because they know you are just visiting as an astral projection and have a 3d body back on earth; you are an oddity; therefore coveted.
edit on 5-6-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

You are not dreaming you are astral traveling. You have a body in the 3d, yet your soul/spirit is out of body experiencing the 4th/5th dimensions. The fact you can analyze the experience says much. Are you experiencing tests, those fear related, uncommon situations that for the normal 'dreamer' would wake one up? nightmarish type. When in this situation it always involves my understanding of "WHOA" this is not dream this is real and the tests start. Are able to fall and feel pain? are you able to eat food drink liquids/have sex when you are traveling. You are not "dreaming" if you can "FEEL", you are out of body. Has anyone you have met while traveling said to you "I NEED YOU TO MEET MY FREINDS?" This will happen because they know you are just visiting as an astral projection and have a 3d body back on earth; you are an oddity; therefore coveted.

It's a very strange thing meeting other beings in these altered states which stand out from the usual dream characters and really engage you there.

Have you read Robert A. Monroe's books where he meets what he calls, "INSPEC" for intelligent species that are not human? I've had so many parallels to what he's experience that he's been my long time hero for consciousness research and exploration.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Personally I believe that if existence on earth was a dream, or the entire universe we know of is one extended dream, and the dreams we have while sleeping are just small-scale dreams within a larger dream, then it is virtually impossible to establish that we are living in a dream world. Why? Because it seems impossible to me to develop a way to penetrate outside the dream world itself. If you are in a dream and cannot get out of it, and you cannot have any awareness of what exists outside of it, you cannot see this non-dream world I mean, then how can you know it is there?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: john666
Physical Reality is not a Dream.
What the Dream World is, is some kind of "boundary world", between the Physical world, and the astral world.
The idea that the "Physical Reality is Dream", is a disinformation, conceived and put in the world by PTB, to screw up your minds, so you will not be able to fight back against them, when they attack you.

I am not sure if you caught my respond with regards to how the brain is rendering information from every state: dreams, OBE, NDE, afterlife and physical reality into a Cartesian Theater feedback interface.

I disagree with you that the brain is rendering information from OBE and NDE.
I think that the near death researchers, have proven quite conclusively that during NDE, the brain is clinically dead, and accordingly doesn't "render" anything.
And considering the similarities of OBE with NDE, I think the very same thing can be said about OBE, and it's relation(non-relation), with the brain rendering process.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Says you. Say I: Yes, "we" can philosophize in dreams. I do, frequently.

I'd love to hear some of it. Willing to share?

In my study of dreams and the dream arguments, this is the first place I've ever heard of anyone practicing philosophy in their dreams.

I cannot wait to hear it.
edit on 6-6-2014 by Aphorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: YouAreDreaming

The first time I ever thought this could be real was several years ago. I always had some sort of thought about what happens in the works when I'm not looking or interacting with something. As a child I thought everyone else was either some sort of alien monster being that hid their identity when I was around and when I was no longer in their presence they would reveal who they really were. This disappated as I left grade school, but I had a resurgence of feelings in high school. I heard about Salvia Divinorum (sp?). I remember trying it once With friends and just laughing hysterically and never having any true experience. Becoming over confident in my new knowledge of this laughing plant, I decided to get the most potent available at my local smoke shop. Little did I know I was going to go on an amazing journey...

I took a proper hit, and a pattern overlaid on my vision. Then my body began to go limp, and the world turned to what I can only describe as swinging slices of reality. Quickly, I was losing control of my faculties. I dropped my pipe, thought I broke the ground then it happened. My friend came out a door and all I saw was his silhouette. His shape reminded me of someone else...my mother, but what I saw was not the present image of her but one from the past I had only seen in pictures. I asked her what she was doing here, and she told me I had just arrived and been asleep for a long time. I had in effect left the "dream world" and my hallucinations were now, in my mind, the "Real World". In this real world many things happened, but the only way I can describe the events is that they were akin to remembering a vivid dream, but multiple dreams in a stream.

My stream of dreams ended in a childhood desire to be in a toy store all by myself. Running through the store at full speed elated trying to find my favorite toys I noticed something down the aisle, all the way at the end I saw and old man dressed as a toy store worker with a cart. As he approached me his cart was full of a dark miasma that was slowly sucking all the toys off the shelf. I knew this was nothing I wanted to deal with so I turned and what I saw was along the plane of my shoulders there was a portal a little larger than myself that looked like a purple wormhole. I took one step back away from the cart man and into my purple portal and found myself effortlessly floating back to my body. What happened when I could see through my own eyes again was I tried to tell all my friends what had just happened. The words coming from my lips were in a language of grunts and rapid syllables that didn't make any sense, but they just kept coming until I realized my friends were just laughing at me. The first intelligible thing I got out of my mouth was "you don't understand, I found the real world". My elation ran down as I returned to the state of mind we are normally in when we are in this waking dream, maybe what I saw was some level of existence maybe it was just in my mind, either way I believe it had rules and a system of physics all its own which has forever been hidden beneath our own existence. This idea to me is not outside the realm of possibility.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'm in a rush to get to work, but had spent some time last night responding to an Author who blogged about lucid precognitive dreaming, which is a type of precognitive dreams where you are fully aware you are dreaming. I have done a lot of exploration and experimentation with this type of dream over the year, and even managed to alter reality in a phenomenological way.

Here's my reply to the author and it also reveals what lucid precognitive dreaming is, what potential lurks within and has a picture of how I affected change on physical reality by altering a precognitive dream when lucid.

youaredreaming.org...

I'll be back later tonight after work to catch up on some replies! All the best and happy dreaming!

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
originally posted by: veteranhumanbeing

[I]YouAreDreming[/I]Have you read Robert A. Monroe's books where he meets what he calls, "INSPEC" for intelligent species that are not human? I've had so many parallels to what he's experience that he's been my long time hero for consciousness research and exploration.

Oh yes he is a mentor; his writings will live on; his insights are not paralleled by any other (specifically to OOBEs that I know of other than Tom Campbell (one of his students) whom wrote "MY BIG TOE; the theory of everything"). Anyone interested in understanding the 'out of body experience' would find reading Monroes trilogy, "Journeys Out of Body", "Far Journeys" and "The Ultimate Journey" very helpful. His foundation "Virginia Institute of Applied Sciences" produced the first brain wave patterning using sound to produce an OOBE effect (Hemi-Sync balancing brain waves between the two hemispheres, Campbell was a part of this). I suspect Campbell's book was composed of information provided him while also out of body and visiting his 'higher selves'.
edit on 6-6-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I'm in a rush to get to work, but had spent some time last night responding to an Author who blogged about lucid precognitive dreaming, which is a type of precognitive dreams where you are fully aware you are dreaming. I have done a lot of exploration and experimentation with this type of dream over the year, and even managed to alter reality in a phenomenological way.

Here's my reply to the author and it also reveals what lucid precognitive dreaming is, what potential lurks within and has a picture of how I affected change on physical reality by altering a precognitive dream when lucid.

youaredreaming.org...

IS Lucid Dreaming different than being out of body exploring or is it the SAME THING; just a training period. When out of body you are physical (a lighter version of yourself but hold body form; have the ability to experience pain hurt yourself eat food, drink experience orgasm etc.). I would imagine if you realized you were "dreaming" you could manipulate outcomes. When in an OOBe, you realize THIS IS REAL and immediately the tests begin...your situation changes dramatically, fear based problem solving. As a neophyte in training you immediately return to your body thinking "WELL THAT was a bad 'dream'" not so sure; dream state is the first of the baby steps to get you into the understanding you are MORE THAN YOUR BODY .

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I don't believe that dreams are reality or that reality is a dream.

We can have pretty realistic dreams sometimes but you still know it's just a dream, right?

Radical.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

We can have pretty realistic dreams sometimes but you still know it's just a dream, right?

Radical.

But if you stayed in the dream, and couldn't return to the body what would that be. Or could it be that time does not exist in the mind, you can dwell in the past, and imagine the future, in that sense time is a lot more fluid.
Or it could be that to be alive is a state that could be called "Dream locked" as the time invested from birth to a working degree of awareness takes quite a while.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
Personally I believe that if existence on earth was a dream, or the entire universe we know of is one extended dream, and the dreams we have while sleeping are just small-scale dreams within a larger dream, then it is virtually impossible to establish that we are living in a dream world. Why? Because it seems impossible to me to develop a way to penetrate outside the dream world itself. If you are in a dream and cannot get out of it, and you cannot have any awareness of what exists outside of it, you cannot see this non-dream world I mean, then how can you know it is there?

Good question, and my answer to that lies within the act of dreaming itself. You need to take steps to explore and examine these ideas in the very dreams you have at night.

For me, the answer came through having precognitive dreams that eventually became lucid precognitive dreams and in the end, such experiences made this dream within a dream thought paradox apparent.

In the precognitive view, dreams of the past which conveyed in literal perfection events in the future were still the same dream when they replayed now dressed in physical matter. I've seen amazing things thanks to stumbling into precognition so I know that is a source of attention and focus for others wanting to do the same.

How do we have precognitive dreams, I do believe we need to focus our intent on this interest when we fall asleep. We need to focus on our desire and want to experience precognition and ask to experience it as we fall asleep.

Anything to get that part of us in that focus state to wake up and remember... if you are successful doing this well... we can have an even deeper discussion about what to do next.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Physical Reality is not a Dream.
What the Dream World is, is some kind of "boundary world", between the Physical world, and the astral world.
The idea that the "Physical Reality is Dream", is a disinformation, conceived and put in the world by PTB, to screw up your minds, so you will not be able to fight back against them, when they attack you.

I am not sure if you caught my respond with regards to how the brain is rendering information from every state: dreams, OBE, NDE, afterlife and physical reality into a Cartesian Theater feedback interface.

I disagree with you that the brain is rendering information from OBE and NDE.
I think that the near death researchers, have proven quite conclusively that during NDE, the brain is clinically dead, and accordingly doesn't "render" anything.
And considering the similarities of OBE with NDE, I think the very same thing can be said about OBE, and it's relation(non-relation), with the brain rendering process.

Maybe the use of the word brain was not my best intention, I mean our mind... the same mind that renders dreams. You are right that during brain death there is no information processing there but the part of us that has OBE's et all... it kicks in and continues rendering away.

My point is more about the Cartesian Theater, the area that we render this information on is the same spot. Kind of like the focal point of who and what we are.

I do believe that the brain is merely tunes in our awareness and locks it in... but is not the source of what our awareness actually is. It is just the TV, not the signal.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Poofmander
a reply to: YouAreDreaming

The first time I ever thought this could be real was several years ago. I always had some sort of thought about what happens in the works when I'm not looking or interacting with something. As a child I thought everyone else was either some sort of alien monster being that hid their identity when I was around and when I was no longer in their presence they would reveal who they really were. This disappated as I left grade school, but I had a resurgence of feelings in high school. I heard about Salvia Divinorum (sp?). I remember trying it once With friends and just laughing hysterically and never having any true experience. Becoming over confident in my new knowledge of this laughing plant, I decided to get the most potent available at my local smoke shop. Little did I know I was going to go on an amazing journey...

I took a proper hit, and a pattern overlaid on my vision. Then my body began to go limp, and the world turned to what I can only describe as swinging slices of reality. Quickly, I was losing control of my faculties. I dropped my pipe, thought I broke the ground then it happened. My friend came out a door and all I saw was his silhouette. His shape reminded me of someone else...my mother, but what I saw was not the present image of her but one from the past I had only seen in pictures. I asked her what she was doing here, and she told me I had just arrived and been asleep for a long time. I had in effect left the "dream world" and my hallucinations were now, in my mind, the "Real World". In this real world many things happened, but the only way I can describe the events is that they were akin to remembering a vivid dream, but multiple dreams in a stream.

My stream of dreams ended in a childhood desire to be in a toy store all by myself. Running through the store at full speed elated trying to find my favorite toys I noticed something down the aisle, all the way at the end I saw and old man dressed as a toy store worker with a cart. As he approached me his cart was full of a dark miasma that was slowly sucking all the toys off the shelf. I knew this was nothing I wanted to deal with so I turned and what I saw was along the plane of my shoulders there was a portal a little larger than myself that looked like a purple wormhole. I took one step back away from the cart man and into my purple portal and found myself effortlessly floating back to my body. What happened when I could see through my own eyes again was I tried to tell all my friends what had just happened. The words coming from my lips were in a language of grunts and rapid syllables that didn't make any sense, but they just kept coming until I realized my friends were just laughing at me. The first intelligible thing I got out of my mouth was "you don't understand, I found the real world". My elation ran down as I returned to the state of mind we are normally in when we are in this waking dream, maybe what I saw was some level of existence maybe it was just in my mind, either way I believe it had rules and a system of physics all its own which has forever been hidden beneath our own existence. This idea to me is not outside the realm of possibility.

I've spoken with other people who have had some substantial drug induced awakenings. Mine came through dreaming but there are similar mechanics of new information that can leak in changing our perspective.

I spoke with a person who did a Salvia hit of 100x or some high level and he said that it knocked him into another person's life and he was trapped there for many years... that when he came down it took him weeks to adjust to the fact he was back in his normal life, and not the life he had gotten used to living.

I've interviewed other people who have had similar effects with just every day dreaming and the same end result, they all say it took weeks to re-adjust to normal life.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: veteranhumanbeing

Oh yes he is a mentor; his writings will live on; his insights are not paralleled by any other (specifically to OOBEs that I know of other than Tom Campbell (one of his students) whom wrote "MY BIG TOE; the theory of everything"). Anyone interested in understanding the 'out of body experience' would find reading Monroes trilogy, "Journeys Out of Body", "Far Journeys" and "The Ultimate Journey" very helpful. His foundation "Virginia Institute of Applied Sciences" produced the first brain wave patterning using sound to produce an OOBE effect (Hemi-Sync balancing brain waves between the two hemispheres, Campbell was a part of this). I suspect Campbell's book was composed of information provided him while also out of body and visiting his 'higher selves'.

I value their work largely because much of my own experiences are validated in Robert's books. So much of what he revealed I had had some similar experiences that I could relate too. In fact they are still to this day the very few books that I can honestly claim match what I am experiencing as my reality.

Robert was amazing, I really wish I could have met him or at least attended TMI when he was alive... bummer I missed out on that.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

youaredreaming.org...

IS Lucid Dreaming different than being out of body exploring or is it the SAME THING; just a training period. When out of body you are physical (a lighter version of yourself but hold body form; have the ability to experience pain hurt yourself eat food, drink experience orgasm etc.). I would imagine if you realized you were "dreaming" you could manipulate outcomes. When in an OOBe, you realize THIS IS REAL and immediately the tests begin...your situation changes dramatically, fear based problem solving. As a neophyte in training you immediately return to your body thinking "WELL THAT was a bad 'dream'" not so sure; dream state is the first of the baby steps to get you into the understanding you are MORE THAN YOUR BODY .

Lucid dreaming and OBE's are different but happen in the same non-physical reality system. I accept what Tom Campbell says that we are changing reality frames in those focus states and it's just a datastream we are being fed that changes it's signal. Depending on what part of the bandwidth we focus on, that is what we get back in terms of experiences.

I like looking at everything in terms of information, information processing and how that information renders into experience... where thought is the programming language of the Universe.

I think Robert A. Monroe was right on the money in what he called NVC or non-verbal communication. I have learned that dreams are a perfect example of what NVC is. Which he was more clear on that but the fact is when we dream we are literally speaking NVC to create the dream.

And from that through precognition, I can also argue that physical reality is just another NVC with the larger system. We are in constant communication through this Universal language which creates dreams and physical realities.

The Non-Verbal Communication Network

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

Radical.

What if you are having a dream that lasts a lifetime?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join