It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier from Bergdahl's unit tweets specific details about desertion; So what was really traded?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
My take on this

Obama: "We did not negotiate with terrorists. We do not do that. We made a trade which helped them, much more than it helped us."

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Allah's soldiers....really? What a crock of manure.

You call them "terrorists," but I call them Soldiers.

This kid purposely left his post to aid the enemy.

You call them enemy, but the enemy is us... the enemy is this government... You see, that "kid" took an Oath to the United States Constitution, which, by him being in the Middle East, he is bona fide reneging on his Oath to the Constitution. This government does NOT have a Constitution (or Declarational) right to be in the Middle East. We picked the fight with the Muslims, and they did 9/11. But we provoked them. We deserved what we got, and this "kid," if what you say is correct, is a true American hero for Honoring the Constitution.

Obama bails on US personnel in Benghazi but goes out of his way to save a useless US deserting traitor????

It's all a power play, Obama is stickin it to the ones who opposed him in politics and don't give a ratsass if it is helping the enemy. No other way to call it.

Hmm. Maybe we should start a thread about how the War in the Middle is Constitution --which it is not. So there is a "other way" to call it, and that would be exactly what it is: UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!!

This government had NO right to detain those Soldiers of Allah. I suggest that, perhaps, you pick up a copy of the Koran, and consider, "What if God is real?" So why are we in the Middle East? But more importantly, pick up a copy of the Constitution, and consider, "How is our invasion of the Middle East constitutional?" So if you want to start that thread, I'd be more than happy to put you in your place. Americans...gotta love them.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: iosolomon

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Allah's soldiers....really? What a crock of manure.

You call them "terrorists," but I call them Soldiers.

This kid purposely left his post to aid the enemy.

You call them enemy, but the enemy is us... the enemy is this government... You see, that "kid" took an Oath to the United States Constitution, which, by him being in the Middle East, he is bona fide reneging on his Oath to the Constitution. This government does NOT have a Constitution (or Declarational) right to be in the Middle East. We picked the fight with the Muslims, and they did 9/11. But we provoked them. We deserved what we got, and this "kid," if what you say is correct, is a true American hero for Honoring the Constitution.

Obama bails on US personnel in Benghazi but goes out of his way to save a useless US deserting traitor????

It's all a power play, Obama is stickin it to the ones who opposed him in politics and don't give a ratsass if it is helping the enemy. No other way to call it.

Hmm. Maybe we should start a thread about how the War in the Middle is Constitution --which it is not. So there is a "other way" to call it, and that would be exactly what it is: UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!!

This government had NO right to detain those Soldiers of Allah. I suggest that, perhaps, you pick up a copy of the Koran, and consider, "What if God is real?" So why are we in the Middle East? But more importantly, pick up a copy of the Constitution, and consider, "How is our invasion of the Middle East constitutional?" So if you want to start that thread, I'd be more than happy to put you in your place. Americans...gotta love them.

I am pretty sure if you try to pick this fight on this board you will lose. While the US may have picked a fight, nobody deserved to die like they did in 911. And don't even begin to try to say that Muslims haven't picked plenty of their own in numerous other countries besides the US. By the way, you speak of Muslims as if they are all the same, have the same rules, etc....there may be one "bible" they read from, but plenty interpret it the way they want to fit their needs.

There was plenty of reason to detain these Taliban murderers....they killed quite a few people, but I guess that is all cool with all Muslims?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

am pretty sure if you try to pick this fight on this board you will lose. While the US may have picked a fight, nobody deserved to die like they did in 911.

We did not pick that fight.

Since the Carter administration that crap has been going on.

Longer the infighting between Islam.

IF we are guilty of anything it was being dumb enough to get involved.

So people can place blame on Carter,Reagan,Bush,Clinton Bush Deux, and Obama.

'terrorism' did not begin on Sept. 11th 2001.

Hell between the Lockerbie bombing,the Beruit Embassy attacks, the Kobar Towers, the First World Trade Center attack, and the USS Cole.

To name a few.

edit on 3-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CodeRed3D

Of coarse they knew all about it. Now here come the partisan idiots to say its a Republican thing.

The guy is a traitor and should have been left there. He left of his own accord. He didn't put his weapons down, he pointed them at his own people. He didn't give up his war, he changed sides.

We traded high profile terrorists for a foot soldier.

People will die because of this. Our people.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Don't even bother with that guy. He says he is GOD. Literally....LOL

He often goes off about hating Americans and such. He's just a hateful ignorant little man full of contempt and scared words being uttered from a scared frustrated person.

I bet you he lives in the US too....LOL

Just ignore the crazy.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
As I said the jihad will be backed in southern Russia and western China via Saudi (friend) & western funding

Bigger fish to fry

The west is in bed with the Sunnis the East is in end with the Shiites

Let the games begin

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: iosolomon
the muslim god allah has been attacking Western Civilizations since well, here,,

looks like Western Civilization almost lost Spain,, but hey,, remember muslims dont attack anyone,,,

the Dark Ages,, ya guess who!

edit on 6/3/2014 by BobAthome because: big fingers

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

The west is in bed with the Sunnis the East is in end with the Shiites

'Take out' Saudi Arabia, and Iran the entire middle east would stabilize.

What we got here is 'Pinky and the Brain' playing a game of whose 'cooler' for the last 2000 years.

For nothing more than 'regional' or 'world' dominance.

Terrorists are nothing more than 'useful' idiots.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
One of the first things that I read about this case was the fact that the soldier's dad was Muslim, and that immediately got me thinking about the possibilities, mainly because terrorist groups don't keep prisoners that long most of the time. Granted however that the situation has changed since the start of the war itself, so perhaps they've had a change in strategy. Normally they would just kill them. It is the more criminal groups who work for ransoms, although it seemed to be an exchange they wanted in this instance.

I believe it is entirely plausible he wanted to meet with the Taliban. I had read it was Al-Qaeda at first, but I suppose there is not a whole lot of difference. I think if the guy talks he will be brought up on charges. But if he doesn't talk then he will not be charged with anything. It all depends on what he says. Even being charged with desertion will depend on what he says in my opinion. If he plays it like he was a guy in a warzone and he just lost his marbles for a little while, I don't think they will charge him. If however he admits he set out with the intention of defecting to the enemy, then he will be tried under the UCMJ. We will see.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

you see that tiny white sliver in northern Spain? Thats where I come from. They never got a foothold in Asturias and the reconquest started from our mountains. LOL

The saying goes: Spain is Asturias, the rest is just conquered land.

Islam has been at war with the west for centuries. The crusades werent about religion. Not really. It was about keeping the fight in their land as opposed to ours. Still the practice being used today. Nothing much has changed.

Ask Greece what they think about having muslim neighbors. Ask them if they can be left to live in peace....

I dont hate Muslims. I dont trust their leadership. I dont think the radicals get enough opposition from the normal people within their nations.

It is the responsibility of rational Muslims to oppose radicals in their own countries. Otherwise we have to bring the fight to them. It sucks sure, but its still the reality.

As far as any Muslim radicals or sympathisers reading this:
"as long as there are stones in Asturias there will exist the will and valor to throw them." Don Pelayo.

edit on 6 3 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

A long fight, indeed, longer than most can even dare to imagine, it goes back farther than Carter, actually in the 70s when Americas tax and corporate money propped The Saud monarchy and the Saudi oil.

Is always been oppression in the middle east specially when it comes to the ruling class to protect the oil, we all know how US protect the feudal monarchy at all cost.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

well from my ancient relatives, from the past till today,, thank you,,
and may the wind be always at your back,,,

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
First, eyewitness accounts are not necessarily the facts or accurate, ask a lawyer, a police officer, or psychologist. For all you know, he was deep cover and sent to contact the Taliban. But, to insure his cover, it had to appear like he deserted. The Taliban could have taken him and intentionally left military items behind, as red herrings, Psy Warfare.
Now, regardless of the why, is the question of the while smelly mess public and here. Most of the loudest probably did not serve in a war time military, if they ever served the nation. We have been real good at mouthing the platitudes about supporting the troops, and sadly lacking in actual support. I, at least, got a free beer on my turn (USMC 1967-1970). My son went in March 03, and upon returning got nothing but a run a round. Now, if you have never served, shut up. You got no say, and your opinion is just your opinion. The Commander in Chief is due respect, period. Don't like it, as was said to my generation, then Leave. Don't let the screen door hit you in the *** on your way out.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This was a moral booster. The idea was to give the troops a shot in the arm by making them feel that they are not only needed but would be protected if they fell into enemy hands. The brief PR spin will show the troops that the government cares so much they would trade "high value targets" for them. That's all this was.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I think this is one of the most bizarre things Obama has done.

However I do see the difference between one who does not agree with his government's foreign policy as opposed to the one who goes off to join the 'other side'. Disloyalty like this is, IMHO treason and should be punished severely.

There are a number of scenarios mentioned above, but I can never get past the idea that Obama has stronger feelings for Islam than America. So many people in the elite pose as one thing but are something else entirely in reality with actions that purely benefit their agenda and damn the rest.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
You have to wonder why..
Why was this guy even allowed in the Military in the first place. Who does the recruiting of these idiots.
Surely there needs to be some sort of psychological evaluation.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
well holy jehosaphat!!!

Obama has done it again... it seems too much of a coinsidence that airplanes go missing months before high level taliban officials are released from gitmo....

sad fact is... there is nothing anyone can do to predict the backlash that is coming from this action. do you think these men that have been released are not going to seek vengeance for what has been done to them? nobody will know when, where or how the attack will come and your president has confirmed himself on an international conference that he has put his people at risk.

how far is too far?

JFK was shot for less... i ask you as the american ex-soldiers, citizens and die hard people who have fought and bled for this totally screwed up country, how do you feel about this? how do you feel about 5 lives for 6 lives? 6 dead and 6 alive... the good guys are rotting in the ground while the criminals (including bergdahl) walk free on this earth?

the few years i spent in the state i learned that americans are prolly the most patriotic nation on the face of the earth, it saddens me to see that your president has negotiated with terrorists and even more so, did it behind the scenes.

here's a scenario for you... ponder n this for a second...

5 high profile killers are released to rebuild the ranks of the al-qaeda, 1 month, 3 months, maybe even 6 months down the line when the dust has settled, out of the blue comes malay airlines equipped with wmd's.

it might be a bit of a fairy tale but what i have seen in my life on this earth so far is that anything is possible. i honestly never thought i would see that day when america the great would negotiate with terrorists, especially for someone who deserted their regiment.

This is one step closer to confirming that OBAMA is the anti-christ. he does not have the american people's interests at heart.

you are all in my prayers.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: freee
Good points.... and questions.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CodeRed3D
I`ll be honest with you guys it smells like obamacrap to me,this soldier is probably a deserter who willingly went into the "care" of the talibans" and the states were looking for him and therefore its almost like the snowden thing,except they had the possibilty to get him back (give 5 towel heads back) so it took a while but when they saw they had no other resource they did the trade,whats gonna happen now is that theyre gonna arrest him for deserting ect,they will mute him,and distort anything he says with theyre zionist ran medias just to cover up theyre own filthy selves and they will give him an unfair trial and sentence him to a longer sentence than a pedophile would probably get,probably coz the top echelons of c.i.a/f.b.i./n.s.a are mostly ran by freemasons who at the top is widely pedophiles (this is verifiable facts,its all over youtube as a matter of fact)
so basically if you look at the tweet that the soldier`s father posted and then deleted asap,it points towards pro-muslim idealogy. so this will not be a "oh happy happy we got our soldier back" no! this is the same thing as if they got snowden back...hopefully this soldier will open his mouth before the zionist/masonic authorities get to him so we can hear what he knows...

and him being a deserter sounds a whole lot like F.S.A (syria) they are deserter too,so as much as lots of us think that were more advanced in technology and in time ect WERE NOT!!! this is the first of a lot more deserters to come,what we see is syria ect is actually THE FUTURE...soldiers will become sick of risking theyre lives for "the agenda" of faschist zionist jew pigs in power and will start to defect and start theyre own REBEL GROUPS, and fight the army they once were part of...sounds a bit like syria??!!! yes it does my friends,what we see over there is the future,not this technology,and all these useless advancements...war,poverty,and desolate lands is the future.and

"we will all suffer as the scarecrows breed" (quote fro: -Nasum :scarecrows pt.2 ) :-)
open your eyes and make a fist,wake up sleeping nation or be gone...

ITS FUNNY HOW IN THE END WERE STARTING TO BELEIVE THE TALIBANS MORE THAN OUR OWN GOVERNEMENT!
people tend to forget too easily that osama bin laden aka:tim osman was a c.i.a trained operative and was sent to afghanistan to start a staged war so that 9/11 could happen and give bush`s new world order a reason to invade them and so they could both benefit in the end,only difference is that bin laden was a very religious man and one day decided that he didnt want to pervert his beleifs for the money babylon in the west...so he went rogue thats only then that the beef got real.

edit on 4-6-2014 by zen187 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join