It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil deGrasse Tyson shuts down climate change deniers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Whose interest are they working for?

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I won't suggest 100% do it knowingly, but bottom line, these guys for two.

Turn it all over to the same mouth breathers who gave the US the Patriot Act, where we can't secure our borders, but to protect us from the terrorists they'll fist your grandma at the airport like a Thanksgiving turkey.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nomadone407

originally posted by: SonoftheSun
a reply to: Euphem

The planet is warming up. We have been (us humans) contributing to the change for the last sixty plus years at least.

To not see this, I would not describe as dumb, but simply willingly unaware.

Please show proof that anything humans have done in the last 60 years has made the whole EARTH warmer.

You asking him to google for you?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaxnmarko
It's nearly impossible to shut down climate deniers as their beliefs are not based on scientific evidence but on ignorance, as in, they ignore scientific consensus, accumulation of data over time, and solid physical evidence. When you can ignore the truth, anything is possible! Yet.... the phrase ignorance is bliss seems to be a non-issue here...... these ignorant people seem less than blissful; rather, mostly mud slinging haters. Did anyone see John Oliver's new show on HBO and the video about scientific consensus regarding climate change? Hilarious! (and sadly too true!)

Wow! You live in Bizarro world. Everything that you just accused The Deniers" of applies directly to you and the gulliblies.

You believe all of the lies the manipulators spew.

So sad that you don't have a mind of your own.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

We have totally messed up, we just need to reevaluate things.

Absolutely agree with you. I think we suffer from a spoiled rotten brats syndrome of some kind. We overuse everything, we overconsume everything, we forgot to use certain things with moderation.

One day ahead at some point, there will be a price to pay. Maybe not for us, maybe not for our kids, but their kids? They might pay for our mistakes very dearly.

I think it's the manufacturing (OEM) that needs to be looked at. Replacement parts is half the profit.. (I'm in the UTV industry and I know for a fact we design our products for replacement because volume is just not high enough.)

E.g My first phone lasted 3 years and I only replaced it because the browser sucked on the flip phones. I have yet to buy a phone now that lasts longer than one year before something breaks on it.

Yes, some of the newer generations are over-consuming, but I believe that's because we've been forced into it.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Apparently so.

More info here :

climate.nasa.gov...

More nice graphics here :

www.google.ca... Ak&biw=1366&bih=657

And more info here :

www.ipcc.ch...

here :

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

And here :

www.nature.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

I won't suggest 100% do it knowingly, but bottom line, these guys for two.

Someone will always look for a profit to be made from anything. Do you have a problem with profit?

You claimed that the climate scientists being paid to provide pro AGW work. By whom?
edit on 6/3/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So the authors who wanted to self rate their papers had a higher consensus of AGW. How many of those were from the original pool of scientists who supported AGW? Even of those, how many were saying we have a drastic impact. I think what you posted is misleading. You should have posted the whole part especially the beginning:

We analyze the evolution of the scientific consensus on anthropogenic global warming (AGW) in the peer-reviewed scientific literature, examining 11 944 climate abstracts from 1991–2011 matching the topics 'global climate change' or 'global warming'. We find that 66.4% of abstracts expressed no position on AGW, 32.6% endorsed AGW, 0.7% rejected AGW and 0.3% were uncertain about the cause of global warming.

iopscience.iop.org...

So from the total pool, 66.4% expressed NO position on AGW...only 32.6% endorsed AGW.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: nomadone407

You can say the same thing about all of the "scientist" claiming man made climate change.

Whose interest are they working for?

Follow the money. It is all about the money.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

The planet is warming up. We have been (us humans) contributing to the change for the last sixty plus years at least.

Please show proof that anything humans have done in the last 60 years has made the whole EARTH warmer.

LOL yeah the truth is on Google.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

No.

But the reports talking about it are found mainly through Google.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

a reply to: SaturnFX

Apparently so.

More info here :

climate.nasa.gov...

More nice graphics here :

www.google.ca... Ak&biw=1366&bih=657

And more info here :

www.ipcc.ch...

here :

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

And here :

www.nature.com...

Normally, a person would look at the overwhelming collected facts and evidence and see it all as proof.
Normally.

Deniers however are not normal. At least they are rapidly becoming more margainalized by the day to be the anti-science fools they are.

I do however wonder what could be done about it...because even though I have been on board for a decade + now, I won't be changing my lifestyle willingly...and I would think I am the norm...so, technology needs to be discussed moreso than movements...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Google is a search engine, not a content provider.
How can you be expected to understand the complexities of environmental science when you don't even know what google is?
Maybe its time to back out of the conversation for people whom are more capable of discussing information. Don't worry, we won't be forcing you to ride a bike..

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

How many of those were from the original pool of scientists who supported AGW?
I don't know. Does it matter?

Even of those, how many were saying we have a drastic impact.
There was no such classification. The survey was about whether or not warming is anthropogenic, not about its impact.

So from the total pool, 66.4% expressed NO position on AGW...only 32.6% endorsed AGW.
That's right. And they were classified as such. How would you suggest they be classified? As accepting AGW? As denying?

Yes 66.4% had no mention of cause. There are a lot of papers which study a lot of aspects of warming. There are a lot of papers in which the root cause is not relevant to the topic of the paper. Most of them, in fact. There are a lot of scientific papers about the effects of gravity. Most of them don't talk about the causes.

But Cook is not the only one to conducted a study on the topic.
www.sciencemag.org...
tigger.uic.edu...
www.pnas.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SonoftheSun

That is fair. I apologize for calling you dumb, but I am sick of people talking about climate change deniers. Nobody denies climate change. People deny AGW.

In the future, use the term AGW denier instead and all will be good.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

All is good, Euphem !

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes it does matter. If the % of scientists that self rated their papers were mainly from the group that supported AGW, then that 97% consensus means nothing.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Yup, human have absolutely no impact on the environment whatsoever.

Earth is free for all to pillage with no repercussions.

Cause pollution, radioactive dumping, burning fossil fuels and making plastic is all natural.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Google is a search engine, not a content provider.
How can you be expected to understand the complexities of environmental science when you don't even know what google is?
Maybe its time to back out of the conversation for people whom are more capable of discussing information. Don't worry, we won't be forcing you to ride a bike..

LOL. I do have to dumb myself down to talk to you gullibles, but it' fun. You have absolutely no proof and are being lead around by a bunch of scam artist and liars.

But hey we true believers in REAL science are dump. lol

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Where are all deniers sooo apolitical affiliated? i wonder why.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

If the % of scientists that self rated their papers were mainly from the group that supported AGW, then that 97% consensus means nothing.

It means that even though there may have been some cases of misclassification by the researchers, it did not have a significant effect on the results of the primary survey...which is why I brought it up in the first place.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What do you think about the other studies I linked?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join