It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed - The Gathering

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

UK 2 USA 0

As far as I'm aware,

Get your butts in gear guys, hopefully beez and I will meet up later this year so that'll be 1/2 a point each

Cody

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hiya Shedders!

I'm really sorry I didn't post as soon as I got in last night, I meant to, and then woke up in the office with an even worse hangover than I got home with. Just as well I wasn't drunk posting really or I might have accidentally mentioned finding Jane unconscious under a shelter surrounded by Special Brew cans and...Oopsie.

Gordi really is right though, it really is a case of leaving all your troubles on the boat and visiting a magical island. It's so much like the Shed it's unbelievable. It really is a magical mystery island. I, a self confessed sedate sofa surfer pedaled that gets out of breath walking to the taxi actually did a ten mile bike ride around the island without even breaking into a sweat! I mean WTF is that all about?! No oxygen tanks, no air ambulance, no falling off, nothing! It was like the fricking twilight Zone!

It's Gordi that I feel sorry for, having a girl with the balance of a deaf, one legged horse ask how to use the breaks and gears whilst pulled over on a busy road must have been the highlight of the weekend. I'm guessing he's going to need a week in a spa to get over that one.

Not that I'm the type to rub it in or anything ATS but I have eating bacon cooked by Cody using Jane's famous coconut recipe and tried Gordi's two toned pepper soup and chicken with meat on that looked like something from Masterchef. Am I evil?

I got to meet the famous cuddle monster too! Can you imagine? The girl that walked the school corridors as a teen with a ciggie in hand and the strict biology teacher sat cross legged on the floor hippy style? Seriously guys, twilight zone.

You wouldn't believe the views either guys, It really was a case of walking out of the front door and seeing seals! Can you imagine! The pictures don't do it justice at all! When I first got there I though the built up area's looked a lot like Wales but where I'm from doesn't hold a torch to the views on the island. The wildlife was amazing too, all I see around here are farm animals but I don't think I saw a cow or sheep the whole time I was there.

Gordi really is the perfect host too, we all felt at home from the moment we got there, it really felt like 'Our shed' more than staying with friends.

Having Jaky and Rod pop in really was the icing on the cake.

Jaky, I'm really sorry to drunk post you 'that text' but as for pics or it never happened? Watch this space, they have to be edited first but I'm sure if the the text had you giggling the 'evidence' will have you snorting.

Rod, I was literally in pain laughing when I found out what you did to poor Gordi. You are seriously wicked! Bravo! I'm still cackling now.

Everyone else, you really were all with us the whole time, I don't know weather or not you felt us toasting you from where you were in the world or not but I hope so.

Anyway, Thank You all for making it so perfect and magical. I couldn't fault a thing.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheDoctor46
Hey its great to see you guys meeting at last..Jeez Gordy...What you been eating all these years lol...As we say in Lancashire. Thas a big un!.....Loving the Ats shirts to

Lancastrians!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Lol it did cross my mind hahahaha...I will have to seal that border up again just incase!!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsu322
Hiya Shedders!

I'm really sorry I didn't post as soon as I got in last night, I meant to, and then woke up in the office with an even worse hangover than I got home with. Just as well I wasn't drunk posting really or I might have accidentally mentioned finding Jane unconscious under a shelter surrounded by Special Brew cans and...Oopsie.

Gordi really is right though, it really is a case of leaving all your troubles on the boat and visiting a magical island. It's so much like the Shed it's unbelievable. It really is a magical mystery island. I, a self confessed sedate sofa surfer pedaled that gets out of breath walking to the taxi actually did a ten mile bike ride around the island without even breaking into a sweat! I mean WTF is that all about?! No oxygen tanks, no air ambulance, no falling off, nothing! It was like the fricking twilight Zone!

It's Gordi that I feel sorry for, having a girl with the balance of a deaf, one legged horse ask how to use the breaks and gears whilst pulled over on a busy road must have been the highlight of the weekend. I'm guessing he's going to need a week in a spa to get over that one.

Not that I'm the type to rub it in or anything ATS but I have eating bacon cooked by Cody using Jane's famous coconut recipe and tried Gordi's two toned pepper soup and chicken with meat on that looked like something from Masterchef. Am I evil?

I got to meet the famous cuddle monster too! Can you imagine? The girl that walked the school corridors as a teen with a ciggie in hand and the strict biology teacher sat cross legged on the floor hippy style? Seriously guys, twilight zone.

You wouldn't believe the views either guys, It really was a case of walking out of the front door and seeing seals! Can you imagine! The pictures don't do it justice at all! When I first got there I though the built up area's looked a lot like Wales but where I'm from doesn't hold a torch to the views on the island. The wildlife was amazing too, all I see around here are farm animals but I don't think I saw a cow or sheep the whole time I was there.

Gordi really is the perfect host too, we all felt at home from the moment we got there, it really felt like 'Our shed' more than staying with friends.

Having Jaky and Rod pop in really was the icing on the cake.

Jaky, I'm really sorry to drunk post you 'that text' but as for pics or it never happened? Watch this space, they have to be edited first but I'm sure if the the text had you giggling the 'evidence' will have you snorting.

Rod, I was literally in pain laughing when I found out what you did to poor Gordi. You are seriously wicked! Bravo! I'm still cackling now.

Everyone else, you really were all with us the whole time, I don't know weather or not you felt us toasting you from where you were in the world or not but I hope so.

Anyway, Thank You all for making it so perfect and magical. I couldn't fault a thing.

Hi BOB

ROFL

Cody

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsu322

It is really great to hear that everyone had a stonking time of it! I am especially glad that everyone made it home and is still capable of communication, rather than falling into an alcoholic coma immediately!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsu322

.... Just as well I wasn't drunk posting really or I might have accidentally mentioned finding Jane unconscious under a shelter surrounded by Special Brew cans and...Oopsie.....

Tsu, I must spring to Jane's defense here, I can assure everyone here on ATS that our Angel did NOT fall unconscious under a shelter surrounded by Special brew (Beer) cans!

SEE....

NOT a beer can in sight!

G

PS - How much is it going to cost me to.... "suppress" the "booty Video"????
edit on 2-6-2014 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a PS

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Awesome pics People! Saw that stuffed lamb again! Who does it belong to???? lol

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Hi SilSyn....I didn't have you down as a Brit for some reason!
Rainbows
Jane

No worries at all,
I am sort of only a few parts of being a real Brit,as I am of Celtic ancestory,Wales Ireland Scotland areas are the lands of my distant forefathers.
The ones who fought the power back in the day...the invading kings and their armies.
Mad to think I,and most of us would not have been invented or born,if not for those brave warriors of our shared tribal heritage,when our island was a magical forest of plenty and mystery.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
After our arrival and quick tour, we visited the TOP of the Island, where for a brief moment, Cody was the Tallest guy on the Island!!

The views are just breathtaking up there, and the “band shot” photo and a few others I think? were taken.
We then returned to the Holiday flat and Gordi produced the ATS “Shed Gathering” T-Shirts for all of his guests (NO THERE AREN’T ANY SPARES!
) He told them that they were gifts, to mark the occasion but in reality they were coloured BRIGHT GREEN and contained secret locator beacons in case any of his charges were LOST in the ensuing MAYHEM!!! And they could quickly be found! LOL

Drinks were quickly poured and the scene turned to one that would not be out of place at a family Christmas party! Gifts of Drink and Fine Foods and Hand-made Knitwear, Dowsing Rods, Cheeses, Cakes, T-Shirts, Notebooks, Cards and what seemed like a HUNDRED others were whizzing back and forth between the chattering guests.
“I think that THE PARTY had started” thought Gordi, as he smiled broadly, and took his first sip of Beer. “First of The Day! Welcome, to all the Shed Dwellers and Gatherer’s!” and we raised a glass to ourselves AND then to ALL of our absent friends from ATS!!
A few drinkies later, and FOOD became the order of the moment!
But Gordi had a cunning plan, (basically to weasel out of having to cook for everyone!!)
Get them to make their own dinner!!!
“Who’s Up For Pizza??... Everyone? Great! The Ingredients are over there – go make your own!!! “ LOL
The method in the madness was that we could put whatever we individually liked on our own pizza, making sure that we all got a meal we would enjoy! At the same time, we would have fun messing about in the kitchen AND we would get to try everyone else’s Pizzas too!!
It worked a treat, was a lot of fun! AND even those who didn’t think that they were any good in the kitchen did a sterling job, and EVERY Pizza I tried was Ab Fab!! WELL DONE the Shed Pizza Crew!
Now I’m not going to start any nasty rumours here but one of the party even went up for seconds!
and made a smashing good job of her 2nd Pizza!! I’m not saying who, but Thank the Mrs for us Cody?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night!!!
***waves***

What "Lamb" are you seeing?? I don't think we came across any when we were there??

Did you miss us?? LOL
G

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Are you implying I'm a better class of drunk sir????

See you've started playing!!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

We got to Kelvingrove, it was blazing hot, I totally had too much clothing on!
But I didn't care....."Show me the Dali"

I still say the floor plans were upside down....but just as well Gordi knew how to read them. We climbed the stairs and there in a little ante-room in dimmed light was Christ of St John on the cross.

*Gordi to insert piccy of me in front of said painting here*

I was in awe, meditative and contemplative, as Gordi and I sat on the bench gazing at this 8' x 4' painting when suddenly I said to Gordi...."Look at his right hand.....looks like he's playing shadow puppets" *Naughty, naughty...slap wrist*......

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse
Well you'll fit in just dandy with the rest of us Shedites then...we're all pretty much of celtic ancestry!
The Welsh outnumbered 'the others' at The Gathering

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Hiya Cody, I thought I specifically said not to tell people about the gender swap operation, Robert is in the past, I'm Roberta now.

Gordi, how could I put a price on a video like that? I'm going to start an auction thread for ATS'ers me thinks. Highest bidder wins the uncut Gordi wiggle vid. FYI ATSers, Gordi thought I was going to take a pic but my camara 'accidentally' got stuck on record. Such a shame.

I think it was really kind of you to edit out most of the wine bottles. We wouldn't want to embarrass poor Jane.

Night, lol, I think you are mistaken. I was drinking Captain Morgans and Jane was drinking Morgans Spiced, we couldn't see any Lambs Navy so we had to make do. The main thing is we had rum. Glad you are enjoying the pics!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Later, after dinner, we decided to decant to the "Ocean Bar" for a drink.

Where, as you will see, the views were Rubbish.... NOT!!
There was also great table service, (though we didn’t actually have a table!!)
Because every time someone went back inside to go to the loo, they were bringing a whole round of drinks back out with them! YAY!
(REMEMBER you can CLICK to ENLARGE the Thumbs!!)

It was very nearby the “Ocean Bar” that the gatherers came face to face with...
The Crocodile!!! (But we think that he may be a distant cousin of SPORKY?)
LOOK CAREFULLY!!! He’s in there!!
And that was the scene for a good couple of hours until the sun began to sink behind the Isle of Bute hills to the Western Horizon.

It was only later on that we realised how much alcohol had “vanished” during the evening!!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
There was a cute stuffed lamb in those pics. I guess you all did have a good time if you can't remember it. LOL
Seriously, who owns the lamb????

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I think at some point we all had a drink of it?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'm surprised nobody's noticed the wee 'adaptation' to ATS on the Tee's and passed any comment.....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

HOLY CRAP!

You had the damned things modified! Thats awesome!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join