It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed - The Gathering

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC
Love what you've done with the pic's Homer! (( Thank you! ))

I'll be tackling my wand hopefully in the next couple of days!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I love photoshop

Send a pic when Its done, I'll cast some 'magic' on it

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You're on sir!!!!
Yay!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

haha GO HOMER!!!
That's brilliant!! LOL

Did you see that I spotted you flying over the cathedral in my earlier posts??? LOL

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Nice one homer

Wish I'd thought of that !!!

Earlier in the day as the others were preparing to depart, I grabbed a coldski and was asked if I was joining the rest for the ride?

"If it aint got an engine I aint riding it" I responded.

So I spent a couple of hours with a couple of beers, at the beach front bar contemplating the good looking gi.................... errrrrrm life. Awaiting a ride by.

I think 70% of the island was wearing green t-shirts that day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I just decided to toast anyone I saw wearing green

Cody

edit on 5/6/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
With my disabilities I wouldn't have gotten very far on a bike, so I would have been hanging out with Cody having drinks. After lamb napping Fluffy of course.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I woulda rode the bike, as long as I had a tank of oxygen with me lol

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Pull up a rock Night and Homer

I know where they left the hooch

Cody

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599
Hey I got my hibachi lets have a few wieners with the hooch!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Yes a few 'friends' were checking that everyone made it safely
Geordi, I keep thinking your name says Geordi the Dunmer, a race in Elder scrolls lol

edit on 6/5/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hey Night!
I believe that Fluffy may have some cuddle buddies available for adoption?

LOL
G

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
a reply to: cody599
Hey I got my hibachi lets have a few wieners with the hooch!

YUM! wieners and hooch!

OOOOOOH more little lambs! How cute!

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Can't believe it's been a week already!
At the time of posting this the gang had met up at the airport and were wending our way to Gordi's car!

Have a great time on Cumbrae this week end and I hope you raise loads of dosh for the charity Gordi.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Is that the "Dyslexic Illiterate Society"??
(As depicted on the Tees)
LOL

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Am enjoying one of my pressies from the gathering this morning...
Nice One Cody!

Cheers to Mrs C too!
G

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Looking good Gbro

That reminds me, I need to take a piccie of my angle

I'll do later when I get home from work

Massive hugs to you and yours bro
Cody

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
The Isle of Cumbrae is absolutely choc-full of curious little points of interest.

There is a sunken WWII catalina Flying Boat, a massive Rock formation which looks like a Lion, a “mouse” rock, a secret tunnel, the “haunted” pier, hidden caves, standing stone, a ghost-lady, bronze-age burial grounds, and loads more! But next stop on the Cycle tour was the Indian Face Rock, so that Jane could check out the energies and potential lay lines there.

The weather was still scorching! And - suitably refreshed by our coffee and cakes, the short bike ride to our destination was despatched in rapid order!
Jane spent a few quiet moments, contemplating the scene, then dowsed for a bit, before taking a stroll along the beach mumbling incantations and generally being very spiritual!

Since everyone had enjoyed the easy cycling up to this point, and we were already more than 1/3 of the way around the Island anyway, it was decided unanimously that we would carry on, to complete our 10.25 mile circumnavigation!
I must say that I thought everyone did brilliantly on the bikes, especially Tsu, who hadn’t cycled more than a few feet in more years than she cared to remember.
It seems to be one of those things that you never forget how to do, like...... riding a bike really!!! LOL

We completed our circuit of the Island, the LONG way round too!! (Local joke!) and returned to the flat to find Cody relaxing by the door, arms sore from waving at green-shirted passers by!!
Then, normal service was resumed at the “Ocean Bar” for the remainder of the afternoon.

It was then that we noticed a curious little wooly fella, who’s name turned out to be “Bryn” (or “Fluffy” depending who you ask).
He had apparently been following us the whole weekend!! And no one even noticed!

He is a bit of an adventurer and likes to travel and meet interesting people.
So, he had spotted Tsu at Cardiff airport and decided to tag along to see where his adventures would lead him, and here he was with the Rainbow Shed crew in the Ocean Bar!
Of course, we all loved him straight away, so Jane inducted him into our merry band, and she even presented him with his own magic wand! Made from some of Cumbrae’s very special drift wood.

PS – Did you know that the Queens Commonwealth Games Baton, which is currently touring the globe prior to the Glasgow Games, is made from Elm wood FROM MILLPORT on the Isle of Cumbrae!! (Not 100 metres from the Ocean bar!!)
(I told you that Cumbrae is full of curious little points of interest!)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This was a present from Jane

So now when I say "I'll light a candle for you", you can all imagine what I'm meditating in front of

Cody

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Fleamarket got rained off.....grrrrr....so Gordi and Codi's posts have made me think that today might be good to work on The Gathering Wand!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Saturday evening brought a new dilemma! FOOD TIME!

I had actually intended to do a Mexican style dinner on the Saturday, but through chatting with my guests it became clear that Mexican wasn’t a particular favourite, so I did a little bit of poking around in the fridge, and came up with a quick plan B.

I had prepared the starter in advance (Roast Pepper Soup with a major twist!) and tried very hard to “hide” my secret from the hungry diners before presenting it on their plates... because the soup is bright yellow on one half of the bowl... and bright red on the other!
You should have seen their faces!!!! BRILLIANT!

Did anyone think to take a photo?? ....I didn’t! D’Oh!!

The yellow half is creamy and sweet, and the red half is spicy and hot. The trick is to mix them in the proportions that give you the balance of flavours on the spoon, that YOU like!

Ah, but How did I do it? ....THAT’s A SECRET!!! LOL

Suffice to say that Mrs C said it was one of the prettiest dishes she had EVER seen!
AND Tsu actually ate some even though it contained (almost exclusively) vegetable matter!!! LOL

We had freshly baked warm crusty rolls throughout, and the Main course was Oven-Roasted Chicken fillets, stuffed with a Garlic & Herb soft cheese, topped with Spanish Salamis, served with Salad and Rice, and an Italian style Tomato garlic and herb sauce on the side. Not too shabby even if I do say so myself.

I had planned to do Hot Roasted Chocolate-stuffed bananas for dessert, but everyone was already full with most of them saying that they had eaten more that weekend than they usually do in a week??
I must be a PIG!!! Because I thought we had missed a couple of meals, and quite a few snacks too!!! LOL

Saturday Evening saw us relaxing over on the Rocks again, taking short walks along the beach, chatting, playing the odd wee song on guitar, sampling the (2nd) bottle of nice whisky. Emptying the Litre bottle of Dark Rum! Watching the Sun go down AGAIN! And deciding whether to go to the pub or not, but the time just slipped away and we happily stayed by the water, listening to the clanking of the rigging on the boats, and the cries of the nearby sea-birds.
On one of the short walks (I think it was when we were going to / coming from the cycle hire place) we saw a group of Seals sunbathing on the rocks of the nearest neighbouring small Island only about 80 Metres away!
It’s such a stunning place to be, and the locals forget how beautiful it actually is, until they get the opportunity to show someone else all of the sights, and then they suddenly remember what they’ve got all around them!
It's one of the reasons that I LOVE showing people around the place - it reminds me of what a wee gem we have in that lovely place.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join