It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five of the Most Dangerous Taliban Commanders in U.S. Custody Exchanged for American Captive

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: jimmyx

republicans think everything Obama does is bad.

Not a party issue. Please stop muddying the waters with partisan BS. It is illegal for the president to go over congress. Or is that not the case? Did this guy not join the other side?

"Blah blah republican, blah blah blah...."
Please.

join the other side?....why was he being held captive as a prisoner then?...and if you think the venomous reaction from the right on this doesn't have anything to do with politics....your "waters" were muddied along time ago.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

well, I just wish those that oppose this just come out and say that Obama should have left this soldier to die...it's pretty clear to me that is what is being said...as a side note, to all of you active soldiers, and those that are thinking about signing up for military service, if you are captured by any enemy, your life will depend on whether right-leaning leaders think you are worthy of being saved.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I am sorry, then why was he not declared a POW? Why did he wander off his post? He could have objected to the war and gone the legal way of getting out of the military. Plenty do it. Everyday. Hell he could of smoked a joint, gotten drunk and urinated in his supervisors canteen and been courtmartialed. He would have been home in a few months. Less than that. He walked TO the enemy and surrendered.

the venomous reaction from the right

And MORE partisan BS? Really? You cant seem to speak to the facts. You seem pretty venomous in your posts.

I will ask it again and give yet another opportunity to show me how unbiased you are. Was it legal or not for the president to go over congress? Did this guy in fact NOT walk off his post and end up with the enemy?

edit on 6 3 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

Good reply. One point though. You basically said that the Taliban/Afghan's won't stop fighting no matter what. However, they aren't really fighting the Russians anymore after that war is over. So, that point isn't quite right. We still invaded a foreign country and the war's over, we should get out. We have enough resources to get back in there if we ever need to. There are far more terrorists against the US in other countries, like Pakistan than Afghanistan now.

edit on 3-6-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

well, I just wish those that oppose this just come out and say that Obama should have left this soldier to die...it's pretty clear to me that is what is being said...as a side note, to all of you active soldiers, and those that are thinking about signing up for military service, if you are captured by any enemy, your life will depend on whether right-leaning leaders think you are worthy of being saved.

What a bunch of B.S.

To all active soldiers, we have your back and we will do all we can do to rescue any soldier captured but do not expect any help if you decide to desert your post.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

No, their future won't depend on any right/left thing at all.

Their futures will depend on the political whims of the individual men who hold the positions of power to determine their fate. Case in point are the Vietnam POWs. I don't know what year, exactly, it came to be accepted that none could still be alive in Vietnam, Laos or Cambodia, but that time hadn't come in my early life and it was all but taken for granted. Nixon left 'em. Carter did nothing to correct it. Party had nothing to do with it.

Scott Speicher is a name few here have likely heard, or if they have, can immediately place. It's not a name that comes up much, and less so since the body was found and the outcome proven to what seems a forensic certainty. However...

Scott Speicher is an interesting case study. The Government didn't know, and had as many saying he was alive and POW as saying he met his fate as it turned out he did. It was covered up originally, as I understand it by books, by Dick Cheney. They guy who ran those things in 1991 and would come to run the whole second war (some would say) in 2003. However...Bill Clinton didn't exactly kick doors or bust heads to find what experts clearly thought may have been a living American POW either. Fail on blue and red to make a purple stinky mess where this topic is concerned.

Party has nothing to do with just being American and knowing right from wrong, IMO. This is that basic a thing. Not partisan outside those who force that square peg into the round hole of election year politicking.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

republicans think everything Obama does is bad.

Not a party issue. Please stop muddying the waters with partisan BS. It is illegal for the president to go over congress. Or is that not the case? Did this guy not join the other side?

"Blah blah republican, blah blah blah...."
Please.

join the other side?....why was he being held captive as a prisoner then?...and if you think the venomous reaction from the right on this doesn't have anything to do with politics....your "waters" were muddied along time ago.

I challenge you to download the Showtime series Homeland. You can watch it free online. Here is a brief synopsis of what the series is about. It's very complex, so you will need to pay attention.

The series stars Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison, a Central Intelligence Agency officer with bipolar disorder, and Damian Lewis as Nicholas Brody, a United States Marine Corps Scout Sniper. Mathison has come to believe that Brody, who was held captive by al-Qaeda as a prisoner of war, was "turned" by the enemy and now threatens the United States.

Maybe your eyes will be opened to how al-Queda operates. Some added info so you won't think you are wasting your time.

The series has received critical acclaim, and has won several awards, including the 2012 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series, and the 2011 and 2012 Golden Globe Award for Best Television Series – Drama, as well as the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series and Lead Actress in a Drama Series for Damian Lewis and Claire Danes, respectively.

Watch all episodes here free.
watchseries.lt...

I challenge you to watch it, then tell me there is nothing stinking to high heaven with this trade off our President has done.

Even CNN said, live on air..."this looks like something out of Homeland", it's that bizarre.

Des

edit on 3-6-2014 by Destinyone because: add link

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

They're not going to stop fighting us whether we're in Afghanistan or not

Aint that the truth.

They have been fighting US for over 40 years longer among themselves for centuries.

Then comes along a 'Potus', and I use the term loosely who says it's 'over'.

LOL.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Even CNN said, live on air..."this looks like something out of Homeland", it's that bizarre.

I have to admit when I first heard the news of his release.

Homeland was my first thought.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
no wonder the cadets at West Point show no respect.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

Obama forgot that respect is a two way street.

This so called man thinks he can do whatever he wants without approval from the rest of the government.

All hail King Obama.

edit on 3-6-2014 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: spirited75

Obama forgot that respect is a two way street.

This so called man thinks he can do whatever he wants without approval from the rest of the government.

All hail King Obama.

well, Reagan negotiated with terrorists, sent US made missiles to Iran, and ousted a democratically elected government, all done in secret and without approval from congress. all hail king Reagan!!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Once again, Reagan is not the president.

That was then this is now try and keep up.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Reagan negotiated for the release of 44
civilians who had been held captive for 444 days.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75

Not really.

Jimmy Carter was in office. He tried all sorts of things - like failed military rescue missions. He failed. Within minutes of hard core Ronald Reagan taking office, the hostages were on the plane homebound for the USA. We did NOTHING except elect a POTUS who doesn't treat terrorists with a kid glove - that'd be Reagan.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I wish Obama would have left this deserter to die.

By doing this obama has told the enemy
"capture an American and use them to
negotiate the release of your prisoners"

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Not really.

Jimmy Carter was in office. He tried all sorts of things - like failed military rescue missions. He failed. Within minutes of hard core Ronald Reagan taking office, the hostages were on the plane homebound for the USA. We did NOTHING except elect a POTUS who doesn't treat terrorists with a kid glove - that'd be Reagan.

Don't be ridiculous. He sent 1,500 missiles to Iran for the return of hostages in the Lebanon.
edit on 3-6-2014 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Some additional news this evening - Congressional Republicans knew all about this.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Not really.

Don't be ridiculous. He sent 1,500 missiles to Iran for the return of hostages in the Lebanon.

Ahmed Hassan al-Bakr
was the fourth President of Iraq,
serving in this capacity from 17 July 1968 until 16 July 1979.
Born: July 1, 1914, Tikrit, Iraq
Assassinated: October 4, 1982, Baghdad, Iraq
Presidential term: July 17, 1968 – July 16, 1979
Party: Ba'ath Party

ahh yes the Ba'ath Party,,next in line,,

nobody ever remembers, this guy,,

Muhammad Ali and Saddam Hussein.Muhammad Ali and Saddam Hussein.
The Day Muhammad Ali Freed 15 American Hostages

Saddam Hussein,,,everyone remembers,,Muhammad Ali,,
point being

Freed 15 American Hostages,,,and Saddam Hussein started using GAS/BIO WEAPONS.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join