It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five of the Most Dangerous Taliban Commanders in U.S. Custody Exchanged for American Captive

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
There are people in the US who see the military as something that can do no wrong. They have a hero now.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

lol... the bacon is my torture... just so you know, that was the "cruel and unusual" punishment she is meting out!

a reply to: FlyersFan

Just an FYI...

Neno said he wants to be your prisoner too!

edit on 3-6-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

My low carb and none sugar diet calls for a lot of fat and bacon is one of my favorite, the first thing in the morning is two eggs (fried) three slices of nitrate free bacon, one slice of cheese on the eggs and two thin slices of tomatoes, before my morning workout.

That is the only proven diet that has kept me on my ideal way the longest.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
What I said on the other thread ...

America is under attack by the President of the United States. He directly aided the enemy who wants to destroy us. I don't think I've said that he's impeachable before this .... but his actions are impeachable. Hell ... He's technically Commander in Chief so maybe he could even be put in Leavenworth under UCMJ ...

It won't happen. But it should.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The point of the bacon ..... I am inviting people and I have something you want. You obviously would walk in on your own and enjoy what I'm offering. That's exactly what the deserter did. He wasn't 'being held'. He did exactly what he wanted to do.

Side note - I am on a no-sugar no-carb diet .. autoimmune .. I have to.
So bacon is on it. (had some this morning
)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I think after this if we don't as a nation call for his impeachment, and see it through, then we as responsible citizenry have failed.

We can get together and make some old man resign as police chief for calling Obama a 'n-word', I think we can impeach the president!

I don't think we can afford even one more day of this type of policy.... we are participating in our own demise should we stand back and do nothing!
edit on 3-6-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Simple test...

Person returns and eats bacon with meal - POW

Person returns and does not want to eat bacon with meal - Deserter

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

That is funny, it took me a littler bit to get the post, but it make me laugh at the end.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Okay ... that was good.
The bacon test. I like it.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

While that is funny... gotta admit it... you also have to admit not everyone like, wants, or will eat bacon. So... there is that...

but it doesn't make the little test any less cute!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The other people on base said that he wouldn't drink beer or eat BBQ, Now if that ain't a clue of being anti-American.

No BBQ, hang em.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
well I guess this is settled....should have left him there to die.....oh by the way for all of you other servicemen in war zones....don't walk off the base and get captured, because the decision to bring you back will depend on whether republicans think you are worthy of it....if not, you are on your own.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

If he was a deserter? No.. They shouldn't have left him there to die. Lets drop the games and feel good B.S. about what we're saying if he WAS a willing transfer to the enemy lines.

They should have hunted his ass down and put a bullet in his head. IF....that was his actual status... There is a lot of IF left in there.

However, this *WAS* done at the end of Vietnam. In the closing days, a few people were assigned to wrap up loose ends. One of those was settling issues with defectors who went a little too enthusiastically. I read about the program from one of the guys assigned to hunt down and kill Bobby Gardwood. (A lot of people may glance at that, think they know all about it and know nothing whatsoever.. I'd recommend reading about it, but it'll take commitment to get more than a National Enquirer view).

*IF* he was a POW who was captured and held against his will? Then we should have done everything to see he got home. If he was, as is being suggested by some now, a man who willingly left and likely cooperated to aid the Taliban with tactical battlefield information? We should have insured he never left there, not come home to parades.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I dont get it. He deserted. End of story.

He then let himself be used to liberate combatants of his new armed and militant force.

He should have been left there. WHY? He was happy there. He made a choice and was happy helping one group kill the other.

It has nothing to do with party lines and I am so tired of one side always playing that card. He chose to fight the US by helping an armed and militant group opposed to the US. He could have walked off and gone to explore the world. He could have started a new life away from armed conflict if he was so opposed.

He chose to remain a soldier. He chose a different side is all. He never gave up the profession of arms. Why is this even an issue? We gave up 5 important terrorist assets in exchange for one foot soldier.

It was a bad call and illegal for Obama to once again go over congress. Obama has nothing but contempt for the law. If you cant see how dangerous it is for a president to act like a king then you are just blind and deserve for his bad side to eventually inconvenience you or worse.

edit on 6 3 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

you have a lot of "ifs"....let me try one.....IF he was a deserter, why was he being held as if he was a prisoner?.....a collaborator doesn't need to be in a German hospital recovering from physical trauma.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

republicans think everything Obama does is bad...so what else is new. I think all of you should write a letter to his parents and express how their son should have been killed or left to die. you all seem to know the facts, and have reached that conclusion....so put up or shut up.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Why has he not been labeled as pow?

www.oregonlive.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

republicans think everything Obama does is bad.

Not a party issue. Please stop muddying the waters with partisan BS. It is illegal for the president to go over congress. Or is that not the case? Did this guy not join the other side?

"Blah blah republican, blah blah blah...."
Please.
edit on 6 3 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Do you have their address? I will write to them and tell them exactly what I think of them and their traitor/deserter son.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

you have a lot of "ifs"....let me try one.....IF he was a deserter, why was he being held as if he was a prisoner?.....a collaborator doesn't need to be in a German hospital recovering from physical trauma.

I'll again refer to the cases of 'defector/prisoners' of the Vietnam War. Men who were thought to be prisoner and seen that way..but also seen accompanying Viet Cong/NVA combat patrols in the 'bush' LONG after the time of capture and in a position of freedom. Photographs from American LRRP patrols showed some of them, and it's in the books written on the subject. A fascinating and really, very dark corner of that war, but also a part of it's history.

I don't pretend to know the man's motivations. I've just seen far too much raised by men who apparently served with him and I read enough at the time he went missing, in national papers, to take nothing about this on face value. I'm shocked at those who do, with so many questions sitting in the open.

@ It's amazing how I've not heard anyone say Democrats did it as a political party and I don't really care what party the President is a part of if this was as wrong as it smells it may have been....it's the extreme partisans calling political motivation. It's FAR above that, I believe.
edit on 6/3/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join