It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday By Design -- Collaborative Story [ WORKING THREAD] [Updated!]

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX
Wow...... 15 stat points?
Wouldn't that make Robbie close to Super Robbie? Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound and all that jazz?lol

I don't want it to be unfair for the rest of you. Are y'all sure?

If so,
STRENGTH-7
Perception-10
Endurance-7
Charisma-7
Intelligence-10
Agility-9
Luck-5
If y'all think that is too much for one character I will gladly bump back down.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

Its fair as robbie / angus is an adult more exp his stats would be stronger .. think it balances things out better just glad that night caught it early on rather than later in the story ..

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
We're sure.

We only have two adults in the group, and one of them is an NPC. We could use the extra leadership. Sandra's supposed to be the leader, but she's still in the learning phase of a lot of things, and its nice to have a character abundant in wisdom to help her and the others out.

I enjoy the capitalized "STRENGTH" too.

Been playing a science fiction-ish Fallout DLC, so I'm reading everything in Dr. Klein's voice right now... its damn hilarious.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX
We're sure.

We only have two adults in the group, and one of them is an NPC. We could use the extra leadership. Sandra's supposed to be the leader, but she's still in the learning phase of a lot of things, and its nice to have a character abundant in wisdom to help her and the others out.

Been playing a science fiction-ish Fallout DLC, so I'm reading everything in Dr. Klein's voice right now... its damn hilarious.

Theres still 727s char .. he should have adult stats as he is also an adult .. otherwise overall everything looks pretty good with the story .. curious to see how the battle goes ..

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX
We're sure.

Theres still 727s char .. he should have adult stats as he is also an adult .. otherwise overall everything looks pretty good with the story .. curious to see how the battle goes ..

Good point!

Jason needs adult stats!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Wow, Dorian has a lock box with all kinds of goodies and Angus gets to open it. Hmmmmm, this could be interesting.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Dorian's gift to the future!

Hope that does not ruffle any feathers!

Sue-Lin needs a volunteer.

P

edit on 15/6/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Sorry guys my weekend was busy! I agree with the adult stat's for Robbie for what it's worth. I hope to get some more written later on, I am still into the story but sometimes I get caught up in what everybody else writes. Going to check the story thread now and see what happened since my last post!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
Nicely done with dorians gift to the future ..

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Now ya went an got me to dig out my mp3s of irish drinking and rebellion songs .. that been listen to reading the latest parts you all add ..

Seamus reminds me of one of the regulars at a pub in belfast that spent many a night drinking at when was there ..

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Nicely done with dorians gift to the future ..

Thank you, he seemed smart enough to figure it out.

If society did fall to those extremes, such a gift could otherwise take hundreds if not thousand of years to recreate or re-invent the bow and arrow.

Many people have no idea how hard it is to hunt on the plains. Humans just can't run fast enough! Long Bows reach out to 300 yards / Meters and that is a long way. Five bowmen firing at a herd, they will take home dinner, easily!

P

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
True .. bows and atlatls were some of the earliest weapons developed ..

Think if world did end up imploding most likely the ones who'd survive best would be the aboriginies in australia .. the native tribes in the amazon .. the hmong out here and the nomads in mongolia .. as they still live largely the way their ancestors did ..

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

I think that modern survivalists would make it quite OK. They are prepared for a planned de-evolution in technology. Just look in any go bag and you find multiple ways to create fire from the modern back all the way to flint and iron. They have knowledge from firearms to bows and spears.

I think many would do very well. The first 50 years would be telling.

Many of those you mention would do well as you said. Although you give modern Aboriginals a bit more credit than they deserve. Australia is a very harsh climate which is why the Aboriginal culture stagnated in the stone age for centuries.

Although, if TSHTF they would at least have horses this time, but only in very defined areas of the Continent. Horses need lots of water and water is the one thing that is hard to come by in this country assuming a fall of civilization.

P

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
THE ATTACK IS COMING THAT NIGHT?!!
No offence but have you read the other entries? Angus and Alan still have a full day and a half to two days of work ahead of them and Angus has not even slept yet.
I also thought that Sue-Lin and a few others were going to set out the landmines that night, under the cover of darkness.
I know you are ready for the battle scene, as am I, but for the story to make sense it is going to have to be delayed untl the following night at least.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

Well that is Ok. Perhaps a little poke while they test the towns mettle. Find out how strong the defenses are.

Yes Sue-Lin is going out once it is full dark. Of course, she can't go it alone. Waiting on a volunteer to lug those heavy mines around while she plants them. She is just a wee little lass.

Angus and Alan need to design them. There are more than enough people to put the devices together. It is a town full of survivalists after all.

The time table was set when the bad guys ran out of water. I guess some heavy rain could cause a delay but life is not always obliging, perhaps Alan and Angus have to work smarter because they have no time. Perhaps the townsfolk turn up to lend a hand.

There are many alternatives. The first probing attack or perhaps the main charge really is on a timeline caused by thirst.

P

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There has to be an extra day at least.

There are still loose ends to tie up.

Sorry been absent, been busy, catching up now.

Also... I don't think the enemy has snipers. They aren't organized, they're just a massive roving mob of raiders who shoot and stab everything they see. They have the town slightly outnumbered (VERY slightly), but the town has the advantage of strategy and defense.

edit on Xx11120230PM62 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

No worries .. sounds good give them time to wrap up loose ends first ... and correct a roving band of raiders in real world would not have snipers ..

May be bit slow today signal rubbish out here again today ..

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

OK, lets not call them snipers. They will have some people who are armed with hunting rifles equipped with scopes and they can shoot straight. This is the US after all. The principal weapons in long guns will be scoped hunting rifles and AR15 platform weapons.

The raiders will have a mix of weapons, many will have the range required. They can't be just running around with handguns. May I suggest you research the US estimates of the varying weapons in citizens possession.

P

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

OK, lets not call them snipers. They will have some people who are armed with hunting rifles equipped with scopes and they can shoot straight. This is the US after all. The principal weapons in long guns will be scoped hunting rifles and AR15 platform weapons.

The raiders will have a mix of weapons, many will have the range required. They can't be just running around with handguns. May I suggest you research the US estimates of the varying weapons in citizens possession.

P

I'm well aware of what guns are most prominent in the US, I didn't assume they'd be armed with only handguns. I figured they'd have mostly shotguns, handguns, and rifles. Some of the rifles may be scoped, but handguns will be plentiful simply because this area is pretty exclusive for their illegal handgun use, and 20 years into the future, the gun ban spreading from California has only amplified this problem. Outlawing guns means only outlaws will have the guns.

I pictured them mostly with shotguns and illegal handguns, but it makes sense for them to have some ranged rifles too. They've covered about two states worth of ground, and they've been hitting every establishment they can find, including the gun stores.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Sounds good .. still working out a few things here for further on in story .. will pm later on with couple questions regarding what tentatively working on to see how viable they are..

Hows your graphic novel going ?

<< 29  30  31    33  34 >>

join