It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Love You Less

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I rhyme a lot.
I'm not sure why.
This is a rhyme-rant.
It's personal, and the 'rant' is about people who take out their frustrations, anger and stress on the wrong people.
I just had to 'get it out'. If you can relate...I'm sorry.

I Love You Less
The more you take it out on me, the more I love you less
I know that I did nothing to cause your obvious distress

But I am the one you yell at when your day has gone awry
With sadness I'm confused that you can't see how hard I try

To make your life more comfortable, to make home a peaceful place
Where at day's end you can come to find a warm and loving face

Is it too much I require? just a gentle word or two
I am sure your day was chaos but now I'm also feeling blue

As you lash out at me angry at whatever came your way
I know I didn't cause it! No, it's not my fault today

But you criticized me harshly, made it personal you see
And now a wall is in between us though it didn't have to be

Seems on purpose that you hurt me, though I didn't cause your stress
Every time you take it out on me I find that I love you less.

jacygirl

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

If you want the next time it happens have the person call me!
After I have a little chat with them, they will definitely Love You More!

I can't see how anyone could be angry at you, though. You are about as benevolent as anyone I have ever met online. Did this happen to you out here in cyberspace or real world?
Or are you just being your normal poetic self?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
And they can call me after their convo with Antebellum... If this is from real experience, I'm so sorry!

The poem is BEAUTIFUL and could easily be made into a song.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Wow.
Thank you SO much for that hun...I am truly touched by your response.

It's personal...the man who comes home to me at night.
Unfortunately it happens rather frequently, and I'm just sad and bewildered right now. (again)

I don't really know why I wrote it in a poem...I tend to think in rhyme often...like I'm 'channelling' Dr. Seuss, lol.
Thank you again for your kind words.

jacy

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Aww...you're too kind! Thank you so much!

Kind of a lovely synchronicity, that AnteBellum used the word 'benevolent'...and then you show up, Benevolent Heretic.
I really do appreciate the support...and I'm glad that neither of you can relate.

I don't ever consider my poems to be 'beautiful'...just, heart-felt?
Again...thank you!

jacy

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Sorry about the situation. I don't like to give advice on relationships, but I spent 15 years of my life with a mean spirited, verbally abusive woman. I finally left because the stress was driving my health into the ground. I am much happier now.
Hope things get better for you.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Jacy...

The fellow obviously does not know how lucky he is. Some people do not do very well at a little thing that I like to call, leaving it at the door. He needs some practice, evidently. You deserve to be treated properly, probably better than properly, and the least the fellow could do is learn not to transfer his BS onto you, even if hes had a really terrible day!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Hey skunkape23,
Thank you for stopping by...and for your kind words.
I hope you are happier now. The stress of never knowing when you are going to be somebody's whipping dog, really can affect your health.
One person can't 'make' a relationship work...but one person can 'break' it.

jacy

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

True...thank you!
Good grief, I really do appreciate the support from everyone!

I suppose as 'rants' go, this one is pretty lame, lol. I really wasn't trying to have a pity party, it's just how I deal with things these days. Instead of getting angry, I get hurt. Then I start writing, and turn my hurt into the challenge of finding words that rhyme.

jacy

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Having an artistic outlet for ones emotional turmoils is a necessary function of the creative mind. Creative people are more emotionally intelligent in the main, and so it makes perfect sense that you should use poetry that way.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
this applies to me personally as well, only i am a 30 yr old man. and man does it suck, i find myself having to just leave due to her verbal abusiveness, and yelling over the littlest of things. at times it makes me want to reconsider my existance, however i strive on. im finding my love is slowly dying with every bullcrap screaming. she never used to be this way, and i dont understand why she has been for the past yr. im ready to skip and dip on it tho. i find i am much happier stayin at my own place riding my bike around without the added stress of being belittled for retreating to my room there, after being yelled at over things that have nothing to do with me.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
i dont see this artistic expression as a pity party by any means.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Creative people are more emotionally intelligent in the main.....

I absolutely agree with that statement! Emotional intelligence is an interesting topic.
I find that many people are not consciously in control of their emotions, and they run around flapping their arms and squawking like children having a tantrum.

I think if I painted instead of writing, my canvas would be all black...and then I would stand back and throw gobs of paint at it. I would call it "Angst", lol. (But I'm pretty sure that's been done)

jacy

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dirtybird

Hi dirtybird!

I'm so sorry that you are going through this too! (And thank you for saying it's not a pity party).

I've never understood the way that some people treat someone they supposedly love. I mean, if you love someone...and get mad/irritated...why behave like you HATE them? Why make personal jabs and insults, that have nothing to do with WHY you are upset?
The hurt feelings linger on in the 'victim', long after the aggressor has forgotten all about it.
People wonder why their relationship falls apart...it's because little by little, they are sabotaging it. Then, when it ends...they still blame the other person.
Stay strong friend!

jacy

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hope things get better .. very good poem ..

If you want got a spare rotan will lend you ..

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

If my exploration of art education is anything to go by, then yes it has, but do not let that stop you! No one else who has been making that sort of painting has paid ANY heed to how often that territory has been explored!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Aww, thank you Expat!!
I think I would prefer your drunk macaw though, lol!

jacy

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
After the first day youd probably be throwing him out of the house .. he's a incorrigible delinquent .. still trying figure out where he picked up some of his bad habits .. he even cheats at go ..
Now I see why the owner of the inn at the hot springs was relieved to see him go ...

On the other hand maybe then Id be able to find wife number 14 .. now where was that shipping cage ..

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I AGREE 100% the effects linger longer than the agressor even remembers the situation. which to me is also unfair. i hate it, i too have written about it. but im glad to be able to speak up now that im back on the forums, its been far too long

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I just want to suggest that anyone who has this issue talk with your SO about it and see if they can find an "outlet". If they stopped on is way home from work for a Karate class or went to the gym before coming home, maybe that would help "wind down" from the day and get some aggression out.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join