It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman in jail had to give birth in solitary!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

After reading the article I was left feeling very upset that an innocent life was basically killed due to negligence on behalf of the staff at this jail. I would class this as cruel and unusual punishment and have a hard time even accepting something like this happened. No matter what this woman did she should have received the proper care to make sure the innocent child was given proper care and a chance at life. This is something I would expect to hear from North Korea not a modern "civilized" society and my heart goes out to that child that never even had a chance.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Slickinfinity

That was difficult to read.

My first son almost died while being delivered in a hospital because the cord was wrapped around his neck. He was surrounded by a doctor and two nurses and still barely made it.

That poor baby deserved better.

The staff of the jail...they deserve swift justice. That's putting it as kind as possible. They deserve so much worse in my opinion.

What happened to that mother and newborn baby was beyond cruel and unusual.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

It was difficult to read for me as well and I didn't even dare tell this to my wife as our first child was breach and needed an emergency C-section. I really do though think people need to be aware of just how inhumane our system is becoming and to speak out against it. I can 100% say for certain that if this woman was really wealthy she would never have been treated like this and its totally evident the fault lies at the jail staff. Even if she was a mass murderer who smuggled kilos, her unborn child deserved proper care which sadly was not given.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

So what you say is... a woman should be entitled to different conditions when shes pregnant no matter what the crime she may have done... just because shes pregnant?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

I'd say yes on that personally. Pregnancy is somewhat unique for a medical condition we could describe as on going and in need of extended attention when it changes...to be technical and dry about it. lol... If they are that close, like this woman was. Yes.

Due to the fact another life depends on that last stage happening correctly? I think an infirmary or a special block on female prisons (rather time limited for that on new arrivals I'd sure hope) where they are under much closer watch by staff with medical background. Female staff...given the requirements and all.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Regardless of what she did... the baby did nothing except be born at an inopportune time. That should not be a death sentence IMO.

Absolutely appalling. Not surprising... but appalling.

edit on 5/27/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Then this woman should be charged with man slaughter on top of the drug charges.

She put her unborn child at risk with her behavior.

Yeah Yeah...the jailers were incompetent and should be punished as well, but ultimately the mother is at fault, she put herself and the unborn child at risk due to her behavior.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: FraternitasSaturni

So what you say is... a woman should be entitled to different conditions when shes pregnant no matter what the crime she may have done... just because shes pregnant?

UM yes, or do you not notice the most obvious difference between men and women, something 2 year olds get and God/Creator the Universe designed. Don't like it petition God for change.

What a question. Unbelievable!
edit on 27-5-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AprilFooseball

Then this woman should be charged with man slaughter on top of the drug charges.

Yeah Yeah...the jailers were incompetent and should be punished as well, but ultimately the mother is at fault, she put herself and the unborn child at risk due to her behavior.

Not in my world. I think you have to wait to actually enter hell for a world like that. But not in mine and not on my watch.

Unless she raped or murdered someone or was a criminal psychopathic elite politician, judge or police officer abusing power, she shouldn't have even been in jail. So the crime was the illegal unlawful corrupt system that harmed her.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
That's pretty sick.
I sat, as a Corrections Officer, with the responsibility of keeping watch over those in Solitary'... I cannot imagine a situation where such a situation/event could have escaped my attention.
True - I had a lot of other screens to watch, as well, but - every time someone was 'in Solitary', they demanded a little more attention than the rest of those in Ad Seg (Administrative Segregation)...as, they had usually demonstrated exceptional behavior very recently - and might present a risk for harming themselves.
(One night - I was serenaded in these duties, with odes to Hitler, the Third Reich, and the grand designs of Homosexuality...all by the same inmate -- and that was fun! This particular inmate, displayed a flair for the flamboyant that immediately attained 'legendary status' among the ranks of the remaining Staff...with some sleight-of-hand intended for the camera. The Staff was SO gullible - because his gestures were merely 'implied'...and not real - but the staff swallowed it, hook, line & sinker.)
Needless to say - there is something very wrong with this picture.

edit on 5/27/2014 by WanDash because: too many

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Wait you need to be in "hell" to take personal responsibility for your own actions?

You did notice in my OP that I did not condemn the unborn child.... I condemned the mother for her actions or lack of actions (which ever applies here). I feel that the loss of a human child is unfortunate but the blame in this case lies squarely at the feet of the mother and her decisions.

Let me clarify: If the mother was not involved in criminal activity she would not have been in the situation that killed her child.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

Not in my world. I think you have to wait to actually enter hell for a world like that. But not in mine and not on my watch.

Unless she raped or murdered someone or was a criminal psychopathic elite politician, judge or police officer abusing power, she shouldn't have even been in jail. So the crime was the illegal unlawful corrupt system that harmed her.

It seems that you have a very narrow minded view if what the USA considers crime. I respect your opinion of criminal activities, but your opinion does not equate to actual laws.

I really did not want to debate criminal behavior, as I don't think that was the point of this thread.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AprilFooseball

Nope...that is you saying...the mother screwed up..so the baby had to pay.

WRONG!

Des

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

So you think the mother of a child has no bearing on the outcome of the child's life?

I am confused, I thought that is exactly what the roll of motherhood was about.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Are you sick in the head dude?
The woman was PREGNANT! She was in ACTIVE LABOR!
No one said her charges should be dismissed because she was pregnant, BUT the jail had a responsibility to ensure this woman delivered in a safe and sterile manner once it was determined she was in active labor.
The jail is ENTIRELY at fault and responsible for murder.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

DAMN, well that changes everything, I didn't realize the jail was responsible for getting her pregnant.

Yep you are right they should have taken responsibility for HER ACTIONS 8.5 months before she DECIDED TO DEAL/USE DRUGS.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

No, they're not responsible for getting her pregnant, they're responsible for ADEQUITE MEDICAL CARE while in custody, they failed, and an infant died. It's that simple

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

a reply to: Unity_99

Wait you need to be in "hell" to take personal responsibility for your own actions?

You did notice in my OP that I did not condemn the unborn child.... I condemned the mother for her actions or lack of actions (which ever applies here). I feel that the loss of a human child is unfortunate but the blame in this case lies squarely at the feet of the mother and her decisions.

Let me clarify: If the mother was not involved in criminal activity she would not have been in the situation that killed her child.

Bulls%#!

8 1/2 months pregnant?

I don't care if she burned down an orphanage. This does not negate the responsibility and sheer incompentance of the staff. You could be made a criminal today with any one law that gets passed. Do your human rights simply evaporate when charged with a crime? Was she yet tried and convicted of the possession charge which occurred only 9 days earlier?

So at this point her guilt or innocence had yet to be proved and yet you place the fault upon her?

Lets just blame all of he inmates for the failure of the prison system in our country. It pays the bills right?

Once again bulls...!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Your brain is disconnected from your heart...

JMOHO

Des

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Something else, all laws that are corrupt and violate human rights, and freedoms, and that are enforced in harsh and unbelieveably cruel ways are crimes against humanity. They are also null and void at conception. You don't need to obey. Its criminal to enforce them. The legal system and the elites in their massive egos are vastly larger criminals than anyone in jail.

So first of all you're dealing with a victim of an horrendous crime being committed against her sovereign being, and then you're dealing with unhumane and torturous treatment of prisoners, and then dealing with the murder of an innocent child.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join