It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman in jail had to give birth in solitary!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

Were did I say the staff of the jail was not responsible? If I remember correctly I said they were at fault as well.

Also I did not presume her guilt or innocence I simple stated "she put herself and child" in a situation that is not the best place for her or her child (unborn). There for I feel she is ultimately responsible for the situation.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Cool, So I can be a drug dealer according to your views of law!

I will have my lawyer contact you ASAP!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AprilFooseball

If they weren't trying to take the resources of this planet away from their natural heirs there would be no drug dealers. Now, unless murder takes place, rape, or abuse of responsible positions of authority, that result in: nepotism, extortion, fraud, negligence, genocide, murder, corruption, bribery, and the list goes on, there should not be any prison sentence at all. Some things that aren't on that list may require counseling and some community service, or even a bracelet, but not prison. But not what you mentioned. That is theft of the resources of the planet, another crime against humanity and all those laws are null and void at conception.

She is the victim. And now her baby.

Even if she wasn't unjustly held, which she is, and this world has real criminals running it and committing crimes enforcing crimes, the treatment of her as a prisoner breaks the real law and international law. And its murder.

But to answer your question, I don't view her as an criminal.

edit on 27-5-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone
So you think the mother of a child has no bearing on the outcome of the child's life?

I am confused, I thought that is exactly what the roll of motherhood was about. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I an very curious as to your response tho this rebuttal Des.

I would like very much for you to justify this mothers actions with a logical response.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

I am not sure how to respond to you Unity_99, besides: "You Should of been a Politician" because most of it sounds like bull#.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

350.000 births a day in the world... 120,000,000 a year

a baby is born every 3 seconds...

tell me again why should I care about a careless criminal mother in jail...

Wait - I'll answer that - I dont. Pregnant, non-pregnant, in-labor, virgins... they should all get the same treatment as........... we, Men. Equality, you know... burning the bras, universal suffrage, yadda yadda, all that crap - I'm all for equality. I'm a fighter for equal rights... to the core!

edit on 27-5-2014 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I don't give a flying mass of fecal matter if this woman was a serial killer in solitary -- you don't punish the child for the wrongs of the parent, and you don't ignore someone in the process of birthing because while yes us women have been doing it for eons, things can and do go wrong. In this instance, she was ignored, and a baby died because of it. That's wanton negligence in an environment where medical care is expected to be given regardless of charges, and anyone with half a brain knows it.

Go ahead, try to excuse it. We treat war prisoners better than this, and that should say something.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AprilFooseball

Inherent in the oath of office positions of authority embrace, is the concept of serving the the nation and the people, and not to infringe upon their natural infinite freedoms or rights but to uphold them Most of the laws they throw at people are crimes. Unlawful legislation is a crime against humanity but its also null and void. The supreme court thinks it has more jurisdiction to null and void than the federal. But international law hung citizens and imprisoned them for following bad orders and the unlawful laws of their land. That meant it is the citizen, on pain of death, that is not to follow a bad order and must recognize null and void. Something good came out of nuremburg.

It is known, discussed in legal courses that one is never to breach the conscience of another.

The crimes against those in jail is manifold There will be an accounting for each and every one on earth in the end.

As for the entire thing about women, they are in a category recognized by law and international law. Guess its part and parcel of the whole reproduction and one of the ABC's of life, that you'd have to be registering negative IQ points not to get, but even if you have an extreme misogynst bent, you don't call those shots, and you're not going override human rights, national and international law, or the other half of the human race.

edit on 27-5-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Hmm...Maybe the mother should of thought about that before she decided to partake in criminal activity!

So many apologist on this website, does anyone take responsibility for their own personal actions anymore?

edit on 27-5-2014 by AprilFooseball because: spelling

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

That sounds like allot of bull#e rhetoric to me.

So the mother is now free of guilt because she is pregnant?

My way of thinking places her in a higher level of guilt because of that. Any mother that intentional places her child (unborn or not) in a position of danger (in this case death) should be accused of man slaughter.

The mother knew that dealing/doing drugs was against the law, and yet chose to do so anyways, which in turn placed her unborn child at risk.

In my opinion she was not fit to be a mother anyways.

The unborn child is unfortunately a causality of of her stupidity.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AprilFooseball
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

Then this woman should be charged with man slaughter on top of the drug charges.

She put her unborn child at risk with her behavior.

Yeah Yeah...the jailers were incompetent and should be punished as well, but ultimately the mother is at fault, she put herself and the unborn child at risk due to her behavior.

But the child didn't ask to be put in that situation, and the child shouldn't be punished for the mother's actions.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I don't give a flying mass of fecal matter if this woman was a serial killer in solitary -- you don't punish the child for the wrongs of the parent, and you don't ignore someone in the process of birthing because while yes us women have been doing it for eons, things can and do go wrong. In this instance, she was ignored, and a baby died because of it. That's wanton negligence in an environment where medical care is expected to be given regardless of charges, and anyone with half a brain knows it.

Go ahead, try to excuse it. We treat war prisoners better than this, and that should say something.

Even Tsarnaev was transported to a hospital and administered all of the medical care he needed. This woman's unborn child deserved just as much.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

That sounds like allot of bull#e rhetoric to me.

So the mother is now free of guilt because she is pregnant?

My way of thinking places her in a higher level of guilt because of that. Any mother that intentional places her child (unborn or not) in a position of danger (in this case death) should be accused of man slaughter.

The mother knew that dealing/doing drugs was against the law, and yet chose to do so anyways, which in turn placed her unborn child at risk.

In my opinion she was not fit to be a mother anyways.

The unborn child is unfortunately a causality of of her stupidity.

Lets just kill the kids of people who end up in jail. That's what you're arguing for right? You do realize we have an entire amendment in the constitution against this very thing? It's called the eighth amendment.

Drug possession is illegal yes, but it doesn't deserve a sentence of being tortured (solitary confinement), being denied medical care, and having her child left to die in front of her.
edit on 27-5-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Aisling

The child is dead....

The responsibility should lay on the mothers shoulders (or what ever cliche you choose). The mother chose her path and inevitability chose the future for the child.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FraternitasSaturni
a reply to: HomerinNC

350.000 births a day in the world... 120,000,000 a year

a baby is born every 3 seconds...

tell me again why should I care about a careless criminal mother in jail...

Wait - I'll answer that - I dont. Pregnant, non-pregnant, in-labor, virgins... they should all get the same treatment as........... we, Men. Equality, you know... burning the bras, universal suffrage, yadda yadda, all that crap - I'm all for equality. I'm a fighter for equal rights... to the core!

You don't have to care. No one is compelling you to. Don't care. Don't even feel an ounce of compassion. Sheesh!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

The child is dead....

The responsibility should lay on the mothers shoulders (or what ever cliche you choose). The mother chose her path and inevitability chose the future for the child.

This woman's child didn't deserve to die, and regardless of what the mother did to get herself locked up, doesn't mean the baby deserved a death sentence for it. I don't care if she killed thousands of people.... that baby didn't deserve it's death sentence, period.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Ahh another bitchy whiny apologist...

here is the moral to my story: "don't get get pregnant and sell drugs, it may get your child killed"

My question is, why does this even need to be said? Are we too stupid to recognize that a life of criminal activity will end badly?

Lets just refresh: this wasn't some "kid", the mother had an UNBORN CHILD she was carrying. Did she forget about that while she was breaking the law, I think not.

For those of you that haven't been in jail, It is not a pretty place.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

You are right, the child did not deserve to die, as I have said several times in this thread!

But the mother is guilty of man slaughter (of her child) as I said in my original statement.

I was tired of this being blamed "completely" on the law enforcement agency.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

here is the moral to my story: "don't get get pregnant and sell drugs, it may get your child killed"

No. The moral of the story would be that douche bags like YOU would let the child die due to the sins of the mother.

I hope you die a horrible death just as that child did!!!!
edit on 27-5-2014 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FraternitasSaturni
a reply to: Slickinfinity

So what you say is... a woman should be entitled to different conditions when shes pregnant no matter what the crime she may have done... just because shes pregnant?

1) it seems she was in custody awaiting trial. Is not inocent intil proven guilty the foundation of your legal system?
2) innocent, guilty, remand or post trial one deserves proper medical treatment, especialy if a innocent life is at stake. As soon as it became clear she was in labour she should have been transfered to hospital.
edit on 27-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join