It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad ass lady stabs two dogs to death in attack.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: immoralist

I should mention that I would feel differently about the whole scenario if she whipped out a pocket knife. I just feel like she purposely went and walked her dogs with that knife on that particular day knowing what she was about to do. I agree one must always keep their dogs under control, but lets not punish the dogs when the a video of the dogs and phone call to police will save them. If she was able to stab the dogs, well I doubt they were really attacking, I'm not saying its not possible just saying I have my doubts. If the story had been written differently I would have a different view.

(post by SixX18 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace
Pit bulls are inherently violent and instinctively viscious dogs. You can blab all day about how sweet they are, but you're playing with fire. Destroy All Monsters!

I will blab all day as I am a veterinary surgeon with many years exerience in animal behaviour.

The monster is not the animal... but the person who is not well enough prepared to own this type of animal and purchases because he/she thinks it is cute as a puppy and then realises that the animal needs correct training as it gets older and bigger, OR the owner that trains this type of animal to attack....

Pit Bull dogs are not inherently violent and instinctively vicious... only the owner who trains them to be so...

When I was a child back in the UK I used to deliver newspapers to own pocket money... the amount of times I had my fingers gnashed and mauled by tiny little Yorkshire Terriers through the letterbox or being chased up the garden path with them snarling and ripping at my ankles... monsters too?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 26/5/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace
And you have an agenda!
Just because you can't handle your environment does not mean others can't.
"Pit bulls" also make up for a major chunk of dogs, especially here in the US.
No wonder huh?
I once stopped a dog attack on myself because I know how to handle them, the dog afterward walked away from me after I cradled it for about 5 minutes, he figured out I was Alpha.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
THATS SOME MAGUYVER STUFF RIGHT THERE!! whips out filet knife lol

On a serious note, it is always good to be prepared to poke a dog in its eyes to get it to stop attacking you. I would break a dogs neck if it attacked me.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
And you have an agenda!
Just because you can't handle your environment does not mean others can't.
"Pit bulls" also make up for a major chunk of dogs, especially here in the US.
No wonder huh?
I once stopped a dog attack on myself because I know how to handle them, the dog afterward walked away from me after I cradled it for about 5 minutes, he figured out I was Alpha.

Listen to this guy, makes a lot more sense then the three pages before.

I got a knife with me everyday at work but I would never ever use it against an dog attack. Kick it in the face and it will be running away like hell.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

These pit bull owners are idiots. Blunt? Yes. Most all of the pit bull rescues are too far into being aggressive and harmful to be saved.

I have a 15mo old German Shepherd that's already been attacked a few times by pit bulls during off-leash time in the park. The first time it happened he was just 12mo old - still a puppy with a puppy mentality. He was chasing a stick and the pit bull just saw pray running so it ran after him to attack him from behind. The owner of the pit bull just stood there watching and didn't attempt to disengage their dog from it's locked jaw grip on my dog. I had to kick the sh!at out of their dog to get it to release my dog. This happened again just this morning. Threw a stick for my guy and a nearby pit bull saw him running and ran after him to attack. If I didn't run at that pit pull aggressively and swing the heavy choker collar on the end of my dogs leash at it, it would have taken my dog down. The idiot owner was yelling at me to not throw anything at their dog. She was lucky I didn't kill her dog.

The park is full of small dogs and even small children running around during off-leash hours and those pit bulls will unfortunately end up killing a small dog or even worse, a child. I love all animals and even fought against those who made the claims I've made here, until I experienced this first hand. The rescues are often owned by small women, believing they're rescuing a poor mistreated dog, yet they would have no ability to control or subdue their dog in an encounter. The situation is getting very dangerous.

Put these dogs down when they're taken in as most already come from aggressive training. They are not for people with little to no experience in handling such dogs, yet they're being handed out to anyone willing to take one.
edit on 66051Mondayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace
Pit bulls are inherently violent and instinctively viscious dogs. You can blab all day about how sweet they are, but you're playing with fire. Destroy All Monsters!

just one word. clueless.

if a dog is brought up properly with love and affection, it's the sweetest dog ever. pit bulls included... and to the previous poster, it's also my experience that the little dogs have more of a temper than their bigger cousins.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I go walking with a knife in my neighborhood because lots of people here let their dogs run loose. My nearly grown son has been bitten by a German shepherd. One of the neighborhood kids had his arm ripped OFF by a pit bull (kid was tormenting the dog). I've been charged by packs of loose running ankle nippers. Chihuahuas are the worst! While not having a premeditated intention to kill anyone's pet as I'm walking around, I also refuse to be a victim in my own neighborhood and am aware of the inherent dangers in my area.
This story could have turned out much worse for everyone involved.
I'm curious what the lady's dogs did as she protected them and her friend from the attacking dogs.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Pit bulls that are older don't get rescued unless you can find a shelter that specifically rehab pits.
Most shelters just put them down because they are like most on this thread, just put them down so they don't have to deal with it.
I got mine from a lady that worked for the shelter and found her as a pup in the trunk of car and brought her to us so the shelter wouldn't kill the 3 month old pup cause she had some pit in her. She is not even full pit.

Small women do not own pit bulls primarily, most women are scared of them... Not sure where you are getting that from.
The only situation that is getting dangerous is how every one views ALL pit bulls, and yes when you act scared around a dog, things will go bad. Same thing with bee's, if you don't want to get bit, calm the F down!

I am sorry you had a bad experience, i bet it won't be your last cause most untrained dogs will chase another running dog, it is instinctive.

Any body could raise a pit, if you are capable of loving and showing care for a dog, then you can raise a pit.

Pit bulls are not the only dogs trained to fight but yet they are the ones with the horrible stigma.
Be curious how many people have had bad run in with a chow, that is a dog you don't want to mess with either.
Should we just kill them too since they were at one point trained to fight chained down bears?

edit on thMon, 26 May 2014 12:03:54 -0500America/Chicago520145480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican

That is like saying all white males are inherently racist or all black males are violent.....deny ignorance.

The way I see the problem with the reputaion of the dogs is that they are being bought by persons like drug dealers who want them to have that reputaion.

I have lived in two towns with a lot of meth dealing and all the people concerned the buyers and sellers have trained Pits purposely made mean so that they can protect themselves and their drugs.

This is a growing problem and when trained to be mean these dogs are really scary.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

This is a growing problem and when trained to be mean these dogs are really scary.

Any dog trained to be mean will be really scary!!
So lets just kill the pit bulls cause they are the trendy dogs for drug dealers to get.
Seems fair, lets punish the dog that can't help who adopts or buys them, and the whole entire breed at that, cause everyone that owns a pit bull is a drug dealer, not a small percentage

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Pit bulls that are older don't get rescued unless you can find a shelter that specifically rehab pits.
Most shelters just put them down because they are like most on this thread, just put them down so they don't have to deal with it.
Small women do not own pit bulls primarily, most women are scared of them... Not sure where you are getting that from.
The only situation that is getting dangerous is how every one views ALL pit bulls, and yes when you act scared around a dog, things will go bad. Same thing with bee's, if you don't want to get bit, calm the F down!

www.dog-bite-law-center.com...

This breed is variously cited as being responsible for nearly a third of all fatal dog attacks in the United States, in part due to its tenacity in a fight. Pit bulls cause one-third of dog-bite related fatalities while only make up less than 2% of the dog population.
Because of the deaths, maulings and serious injuries inflicted by Pit Bulls, many countries worldwide ban these dogs altogether or require licenses for ownership of them.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

So lets just kill the pit bulls cause they are the trendy dogs for drug dealers to get.

I am a vegetarian only because I feel animals should have every right including not being slaves to mankind, I don't advocate the slaughter of any animal, but also the breeding and over breeding for our own purposes has caused a lot of animal pain.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Lol WOW, what an article!!!

Among the deadliest and most vicious of all dog breeds with killer instincts, originally bred to fight and kill other dogs, Pit Bulls are now widely popular as companion dogs, especially in American cities.

This is NOT true, this is what they want every one to think..
Here is another description of them
www.aspca.org...
They were nanny dogs back in the day, THEY WERE NOT BRED TO FIGHT!
From your source

German shepherds were identified as the breed involved in 44% of all bite cases but accounted for only 22% of license registrations.

Seems german's are out biting people too, and the owner had 3 of them right?
They are just as aggressive as a pit bull IMO

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

There are no bad dogs only bad "owners' I hate that word, why should our friends be owned...

www.austinhumanesociety.org...

In the past, Pit Bulls were reffered to as "nursemaids" or "nurse dogs" because of their gentle, friendly and reliable demeanor with children.

True or False: Pit Bulls score worse than the average dog on temperment tests?
Correct Answer: False
The average dog only scored 77% while Pit Bulls scored 82%.

Yes I have read all the sides of the equation and it comes up for my experience often bad people want these poor pups and that is why they have the bad reputation.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

And since bad people want them we should just kill them so the bad people can't have them?
Doesn't seem fair to our friends.
Seems like the easy way out IMO

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

And since bad people want them we should just kill them so the bad people can't have them?
Doesn't seem fair to our friends.
Seems like the easy way out IMO

Well we certainly do agree on that point. Kill the bad people and all the dog abusers...that would help tremendously.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I got mine from a lady that worked for the shelter and found her as a pup in the trunk of car and brought her to us so the shelter wouldn't kill the 3 month old pup cause she had some pit in her. She is not even full pit.

I am sorry you had a bad experience, i bet it won't be your last cause most untrained dogs will chase another running dog, it is instinctive.

Any body could raise a pit, if you are capable of loving and showing care for a dog, then you can raise a pit.

Pit bulls are not the only dogs trained to fight but yet they are the ones with the horrible stigma.
Be curious how many people have had bad run in with a chow, that is a dog you don't want to mess with either.
Should we just kill them too since they were at one point trained to fight chained down bears?
Where did I get my information from? Really? I got it from first hand experience and observation. I live in Brooklyn. Brooklyn is full of young transplants that cannot afford Manhattan. I'm a native NYer. I see it daily - young girls/women who thing they're saving a dog. They are unfortunately saving a potential killer. Many of the rescues are from fighting lines and have been exposed to it, even for a short time. They are not safe in public. I will be carrying a knife with me from now on and if another owner allows their dog to attack mine, that dog will be put down by me.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Then I feel sorry for you that are just waiting for a dog to attack you so you can kill it, heard that will drive some one crazy if they don't get the chance to act on that want.
I guess ny women are different and don't enjoy rescuing the small dogs that all the girls out here and in ca love to rescue.
Any dog is a potential killer, they are killers by their blood.
Pit bulls are not cheap and easy to get out here, ca is to busy killing them all.
Ny must be different

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join