It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad ass lady stabs two dogs to death in attack.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rival

Like she knew the dogs would get out as she walked by?
What makes you think so?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Unfortunately pit bulls have gotten a bad reputation because of irresponsible owners. It's a breed that some criminal elements in our society, such as gang members, own them just to project their own image as a thug or abuse them to make them aggressive. No dog should be running loose, but when you own a breed that is known to maim or kill, you have the obligation to make sure they can't get loose and be a threat. You may have the friendlies pit bull, but with a reputation of pit bulls attacking people. the general public and police officers will always be on the defensive when being approached by one. If you do own one, you take on the increased liability if they do get loose and attack a person or animal.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

Wow,that is a very judgmental thing to say. I Dog Groomed for 15 years and dealt with many aggressive dogs in that time. I saw more Cocker Spaniels be aggressive than any other breed. Pits can do a lot of damage if they do bite,any bad pits you see is due to training or lack of.This WAS the nanny dog years ago.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I can guarantee that woman has probably been attacked by those dogs before and she had had enough. The owner of the pit bulls probably found it really funny to watch his dogs attack neighbors passing by from his living room window. I find it convenient the pit bull owner was nearby.He was probably laughing as he watched his pits run after his neighbor...until she drew a knife and started killing them to PROTECT herself. Im glad those dogs are dead. I've seen this happen in neighborhoods here where I live and the pit bull owners act like their innocent but some little kid will have their faces ripped off and be scarred for life because of these morons.

Justice served cold is always the best in my opinion.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: texasyeti

Oh yeah? You know for a fact that these 2 pups, they were only 1 according to the owner, were out attacking dogs every day?
I hadn't read that they were only 1, seems to me like they could be trying to play.
It was 3 german shepherds right??
Everyone is talking about how big and bad these pits are and how scary it is when one comes at you.
German sheps isn't the dog you want to mess with either.
Sure we all have seen the videos of a police dog attacking??

I don't think we know enough to condemn these dogs as monsters.
The owner made a grave mistake with 2 young pups

She did act within her right to defend her self tho, I admit that.
Just seems like the owner should have been able to get a chance to pull his dogs away.

The lady is lucky she didn't hit her own dogs with the knife IMO. It isnt like 1 stab with that knife to each dog would have been fatal, she would have had to hit them multiple times IMO

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
Great story...OP's sundial is at high noon over this one

Yeah but walking around with a butcher knife is a bit edgy...why not just open carry?

Why open carry? Will the dogs see the guns and not attack out of fear? Is that what you think would happen? I can't see any other possible advantage a gun has over a knife if you are jumped by a couple of pitbulls. I'd rather have my blades any day of the week.

Besides, as the OP said, she has way more style fending off hellhounds with knives than a gun.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rival
This seems like it might have been premeditated.

This lady may not have gone out with the intention
to do harm, but I'll bet when those dogs attacked
she wasn't actually surprised.

And that's fine. I did the same thing on my old street. It was a very rural neighborhood and I loved to go on walks there. This one house always had these two large dogs run out snarling at me, threatening to eat me and chasing me. I would be making eye-contact with the owner, screaming for him to get his dogs off of me and his response was "Oh, they don't bite none..."

Seriously... that pissed me off to no end. I wanted to start taking my daughter out with me in a stroller so I figured I'd solve the dog problem first. I took my big cudgel and walked by his house, the dogs came out all psycho-like and I held the club up and yelled to the owner. He ran out and got his dogs like he was suddenly concerned for my safety. They never "escaped" his yard again. I think at that moment, I would have killed them both if he hadn't reacted like he did.

Some of these guys intentionally let their dogs do this. This lady was well within her rights and I hope it scares dog owners everywhere into actually acting like adults.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
In Australia, she would have been charged with carrying an item with intent to injure or harm. I had a $3 chinese knife in my pocket when stopped for a random illegal search and it cost me a day in court, $480 in court costs and fines and a damn record for weapons.

Seriously.

good on her, around here dogs are always roaming free. even the human kind. and you cannot protect yourself legally.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

The UK has an automatic one year tarriff in jail for anyone carrying a blade over 3" and that can be locked.

But pits are on the DWA here.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Man... I can't stand this "all pit bulls are inherently evil and should be killed" bull****. I do feel sorry for the lady, but I also feel terrible for both the pits. I would bet good money that they had a damn asinine owner. Perhaps these dogs did need to be fatally stopped, but perhaps they didn't. Did this woman begin stabbing them immediately? If so, she should have given it a little time to see if the fight would stop. I have seen multiple dog fights (involving a pit) and the majority of the time they will let go and it's over. Maybe these dogs had history? I own a Boxer who has some serious beef with another Boxer. They got in a fight many years ago, and to this day, they still hate each other; fighting whenever the opportunity arises. Like I said, I feel bad for both the woman and the pits. However, you can't simply blame it on the breed. It truly depends on the owner. If you treat any dog like s***, then it will become aggressive. Hell, even extreme lack of exercise can cause aggression; especially in a working-class breed such as a pit bull.

By the way, there's a reason why pits were called "nanny dogs" in WW1...

Also, a properly bred pit has an extraordinary low human aggression factor (one of the lowest of all breeds.) This is because back in the day, when they were fought in pits, the breeders would only breed the ones that showed NO human aggression.

PS. I love my rescued pit!!!

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rival
This seems like it might have been premeditated.

This lady may not have gone out with the intention
to do harm, but I'll bet when those dogs attacked
she wasn't actually surprised.

Premeditated seems like an improper word. Sure she may have went out with a knife thinking she may be attacked. Hell she may have been carrying the knife thinking those dogs would attack her. Regardless she was attacked and the dogs were killed. The only thing we need to know now is if she went on a rampage after being attacked and killed or killed while being attacked. The owner doesn't seem to think she should have done what she did but there accounts contradicting each other will go no where.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Hmm.. dubious on a fillet knife for stabbing as they are not designed to stab with .. possible if slashing ..

As to killing the dogs had the owner kept them on the property/inside where they belong theyd be alive still.

She did the right thing killing the dogs when they attacked .

In regard to carrying the knife good on her its dangerous walking around the streets in the states she is smart to carry something to defend herself with.

Just be glad you dont have packs of wild dogs there to contend with like some areas over here do .. theres been many both children and adults killed by them in those areas.seen the governments in said areas go in and shoot the dogs after such incidents.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

That is like saying all white males are inherently racist or all black males are violent.....deny ignorance.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
lol. okay.

Idk if I'd go so far as to say, "I'm aroused", but I am proud of her. I've imagined myself on several occasions defending against a dog attack or some other animal attack with a knife and wondering how it would go down.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This is pretty strange. I would have to agree, that she certainly has premeditated killing these dogs. Clearly she premeditated on it, because she knew the owner of the pit's would let them loose when she came by. The choice of knife is even proof of premeditation, I don't think that's even legal to walk around with in most states, unless your hunting/fishing. I'm surprised she didn't cut herself considering that knife has no combat "catch", to stop the hand from sliding onto the blade when you strike bone. I'm not sure if this makes it right though. Although she was in the right to defend herself, her decision to kill sounds a little more like vengeance than killing for fear of life.

I would have had to be there to see what happened, but from the story told, well sorry she would need facial reconstruction after my 220 lb ass got done with her.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Sounds like the lady did what needed done..and maybe expected it to happen.

You....I don't know what it is man but I get the feeling maybe you need some help.....

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Back when I was stationed at Fort Hood, I would walk my dog around the block. There was a neighbor with a Very aggressive Rottweiler behind a chain-link fence. I always drew my Glock as I walked past. Me and the guy who owned the Rotty had an understanding that the day his dog cleared the fence was the day his dog would die. Glad it never came to that, but living in the environment that 'neighbor' created was a life filled with unnecessary potential 2d and 3d order effects.

(post by immoralist removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
You don't "wait and see" during a dog attack, you stop it any way you can. Nothing in the source about previous problems with her and these dogs. Could be she always carries the knife when she walks her dogs, so no premeditation just prepared for what may come.

Bottom line: she and her dogs were attacked. She put a stop to it before she or her dogs were badly or fatally wounded. All dog owners need to control their animals regardless of breed.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join