It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We will find SPACE ALIENS in 20 years

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: JadeStar

TPTB that existed and we lived thru...all the lies, promises and hopes from the 50's on. You dropped down what I meant to the lowest denominator.

You had to live through those ages to have experienced it all. There are no "links-as your stuck in the world of computers-how old are you anyway?)...

Let me make it simple for you...what our governments, leaders, teachers, preachers TOLD us all throughout the years. And 90% of what they said...didn't happen. All were false promises and lies. Year after year, decade after decade, war after war, lie after lie.

They weren't links...there were no computers back then. We called it "life-living".

PS Get off the net and away from "links" to the world. Get outside and experience it. It exists beyond your screen...really. And when you do...I wont ask you for the "links" to what you experienced either....

If something was said historically there are links to what was said.

It's 2014. Everything ever said or written down by officials in the way you allege is available at some link. You can't provide one so you offer no evidence to back up your claim.

You said:

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
In the 1950's they said by the 70's...in the 70's they said by the end of the millenium, at the dawn of the new millenium they said for sure by 2012-watch the skies.....are you following me here?

I simply asked who is this "they" and a place where I can read where "they" said this.

Supporting your argument with FACT is part of denying ignorance.

Making statements without basis only furthers ignorance.

Don't be mad because I asked you to support your argument with facts which can be checked out through (gasp!) links on the internet.

edit on 24-5-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Is "within the next 20 years" the new "Friedman Unit" of time measurement?

(if you didn't know a Friedman Unit is a cynical joke used because a pundit named Thomas Friedman kept saying "the next six months" when predicting success in the Iraq war over a period of years.)

If you believe in the subject of an extraterrestrial conspiracy you shouldn't go listening to SETI members anyway. They're fully committed to the belief that aliens are not coming here already and ignore all such evidence.

This is really just a tease to keep funding to the SETI project going anyway.
edit on 24-5-2014 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frith
Is "within the next 20 years" the new "Friedman Unit" of time measurement?

(if you didn't know a Friedman Unit is a cynical joke used because a pundit named Thomas Friedman kept saying "the next six months" when predicting success in the Iraq war over a period of years.)

If you believe in the subject of an extraterrestrial conspiracy you shouldn't go listening to SETI members anyway. They're fully committed to the belief that aliens are not coming here already and ignore all such evidence.

Wrong. They don't ignore your evidence. Your evidence just isn't very good for what you're claiming.

This is really just a tease to keep funding to the SETI project going anyway.

Actually you're wrong. The government does not fund SETI and hasn't since the early 1990s.

Furthermore...If those SETI Institute people weren't funded (by private donations I might add) there's a good chance we'd not have found Kepler 186f. You know, "Earth's Cousin".

If this type of research was never funded the Kepler spacecraft would never have been built.

So, while you waste time on stories with little evidence, there are people gathering real evidence we're probably not alone in the universe. And quite a few of them have been involved with SETI.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frith If you believe in the subject of an extraterrestrial conspiracy you shouldn't go listening to SETI members anyway. They're fully committed to the belief that aliens are not coming here already and ignore all such evidence.

So if you already believe in a conspiracy, you should avoid listening to those who don't? That's a good way to keep your conspiracy theories safe but I thought we tried to avoid ignorance here, not encourage it.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed

originally posted by: Variable
a reply to: interupt42

It looks like life, as advanced as we are, is pretty rare. They have been searching for a while now.

There is IMHO not the tiniest bit of evidence to say that life as "advanced" as we are is rare. We don't have the means to come to this conclusion.

There is in fact some evidence for the rarity of intelligent life, though you may dismiss it.

How many different species of life have existed on this planet since life arose?

Of this multitude, how many could be classified as "advanced" in the way we are talking about?

Since such "advanced" life is extremely rare in Earth's history, might we not apply this observation to the rest of the universe?
After all, we're part of the universe aren't we?

Harte
edit on 5/27/2014 by Harte because: they have to say something

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Just because "advanced life" may be rare in Earths history, I do not think you can apply that to the universe, in my opinion. I do not think we can apply everything we know about life, here and compare it to something like the universe where we know some, little really about life out there. I believe its possible there may be more than one universe, and its also possible there are many dimensions. We like to talk about life as we know it. What about life as we DO NOT know it???? I think the possibilities could be endless. Possibly.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
Just because "advanced life" may be rare in Earths history, I do not think you can apply that to the universe, in my opinion. I do not think we can apply everything we know about life, here and compare it to something like the universe where we know some, little really about life out there.

It's possible you are right. However, what we know about life here is everything we know about life.

If we can't even apply what we know, then what's the point of even talking about it?

Harte

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
There are I don't know how many creatures on Earth and each one is an alien for the simple reason that they are not human. I have enjoyed contact with some over the years as I'm sure many of you have as well. Those of you that haven't only have to make the effort, no spaceship required.

On another level there are spirit entities which you might say are alien although Earth is also their home and contact is posible if you care enough to.

On yet another level there are the Gods and Earth is their creation rather than merely their home but they are aliens too in a sense because they remain unfamiliar to most of us.

Some Humans are like aliens. Evolutionists for example. Contact is not advised. I joke. Well, maybe I do.

That completes the list I'm affraid.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Oh Hell, we are still looking for intelligent life on earth!

This message is only for the rare intelligent life form of humans.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join