It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We will find SPACE ALIENS in 20 years

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Could be tomorrow, could be 10 years, could be 100 years, could be never.
The change IMO is really really small though, like a meteor falling on your house, it's possible but...

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It almost trying to look for God in some weird circumstances isn't it? There's a plausibility that it might exist in some deep part in space, but at the same time the circumstances in some views at the plausibility is an utter joke. Like an atheists view on Gods existence(Which One).

Then again comparing more, complex sentient life forms to a supposed life form that created all life, that's the First and Last. Is pretty stupid.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Well said!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hongkongphooey

originally posted by: Variable
a reply to: interupt42

It looks like life, as advanced as we are, is pretty rare. They have been searching for a while now. In the grand scheme of things, we may be a little early or a little late. We have only been aware of other planets for such an infinitesimal amount of time compared to the age of the planet. Maybe during the time of T-Rex aliens were everywhere, but they all died out millions of years ago. It would be a miracle if humans survive another 10 thousand years.
Kind of sad really, I think finding other life would help us stop killing each other and focus on killing someone else. Go humans!

Life as advanced as us is rare??? That's pretty arrogant, don't you think? I believe the multiverse is teaming with life, much of it, far more advanced than us!

They are very self centered and very ARROGANT!
I have contact with aliens in the 1950's and was told that our government knew about and have been working with them for many years.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
My rough guess about finding intelligent alien life if it exists at all (not little bugs or bacteria, because really, who cares?) is 2318. Of course, I'll be long dead by then and the universe will no longer exist, but if it did, then that would be the approximate year.

edit on 23-5-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: waltwillis

I had one say "Hi" with gentle presence, and another time saying "Why don't get a different job?" that felt like Shiva blade, or Thors hammer bonking my head. It didn't cut my pride, as much as it cut my view of significance.
edit on 23-5-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Life as advanced as us is rare???

Well, at this point it doesn't seem to be abundant or we would have run into it by now, no? Of course, I suppose it could be abundant but on the other side of the universe and we might never find them. In that case, what's the difference between them existing and us never discovering them, and them not existing at all?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
LOL, Ancient Aliens made it to the Q&A

www.thewire.com...

Rep. Chris Collins posed the question he thought was on everyone's mind -- "Have you watched Ancient Aliens and what is your comment on the series?" Shostak replied that he takes issue with the premise of the show, which posits that ancient artifacts suggest a long-ago alien visit to Earth. "Pyramids were built by Egyptians," he said, and Werthimer added that "UFOs have nothing to do with extraterrestrials.

I can see the testimony in congress

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
20 years is a good number- if he's wrong, everyone will have forgotten his claims 20 years from now anyway.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
We found SPACE ALIENS almost 67 years ago!!! Who do you think created Obama's Universal Health Care Plan?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Sometimes I think it's best we don't know for sure. I wonder the implications if we do suddenly realize that something else is out there or even visiting here. In the back of your head you would remember every science fiction alien movie you've ever watched could one day be a reality. Alien or War of the Worlds comes to mind except maybe the common cold doesn't kill them and Sigourney Weaver isn't up to the task.

Maybe ignorance is bliss, I have enough to worry about terrestrially.

That attitude is what holds humanity back, live in fear!!!

How is being cautious holding back humanity? Go ahead be the first in and you can also be the first dead. See how well that forwards humanity.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
In the 1950's they said by the 70's...in the 70's they said by the end of the millenium, at the dawn of the new millenium they said for sure by 2012-watch the skies.....are you following me here?

Besides...we are never going to make contact, because we dont need to. They are already here, have been here...and without any disclosure ever coming I dont beleive...what we really need to do is to realize that they ARE and HAVE been here already....and we need to move forward from that point.

They are here moving about their agenda and just laughing like hell at us little "ants on an anthill".

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

There is IMHO not the tiniest bit of evidence to say that life as "advanced" as we are is rare - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is a lot of evidence of there NOT being any life like ours around every Sun they have looked at - right? We have been looking for signals for a long time now. If it was like Star Wars or Star Trek in this galaxy we should have heard something i should think. Maybe it's more like Firefly. Maybe we got stuck in a Galactic backwater. What if it turns out we are the most advanced race of beings for thousands of light years in any direction. I think a lot of the alien hubbub is just wanting to believe we are part of something greater. It's the God for the unbeliever. I think it also allows us to be stuck in dreams instead of reality. Humans seem to have this innate need for something to come and change us. Something trans-formative and always, it seems, external to us. What if the truth is We are simply all We have. We had better grow out of the childish notions that something will help/change/illuminate us.

V

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

He's right about the 'financing' as without the funding nothing will happen. Let's step aside from the 'space aliens' and consider where technology is leading us.

Kepler's out there discovering new worlds every month alongside HIRES and others. What started out as informed speculation turned into actually finding a few huge planets and gas giants. From those beginnings, we've progressed in technology to identifying more and more bodies and they're detectable at smaller masses - hundreds of them.

Technology is developing as fast as funding allows and we're more able to analyse the light signatures of these newly visible worlds. We can look for bio-markers in the atmosphere of these worlds which could suggest that 'LIFE' exists there - not necessarily 'space alien' life, but enough biomass to alter atmospheres and tell us something is out there and breathing.

Each improvement in sensitivity will allow new types of observations to be conducted at the forefront of exoplanet research. Current instrumentation can probe, next to carbon monoxide, water an d methane absorption in the infrared, and possibly metal oxides, metal-hydrates, and reflected starlight in the optical wavelength regime
Finding extraterrestrial life using ground-based high-dispersion spectroscopy

The improvements they refer to are the inevitable steps that will enable us to identify the potential signatures of life on worlds we can only observe. 'Twenty years' is speculative, but it's also optimistic and reasonable if we consider how many planets have been discovered in the past two decades.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
My rough guess about finding intelligent alien life if it exists at all (not little bugs or bacteria, because really, who cares?) is 2318. Of course, I'll be long dead by then and the universe will no longer exist, but if it did, then that would be the approximate year.

Why 2318?

You realize that based on our current future and planet future telescopes this would be like saying in say 1970 that we wouldn't know about planets around other stars until sometime around 2295 right?

In reality we detected the first planets around a pulsar in 1993 and the first one around a Sunlike star in 1995.

Its not that we weren't looking before then, it just took time for the technology to catch up to the search.

Today we have the technology to discover other technological species in the galaxy, it's just a matter of building the devices/telescopes so its a funding issue today, not a technology or philosophical one.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
In the 1950's they said by the 70's...in the 70's they said by the end of the millenium, at the dawn of the new millenium they said for sure by 2012-watch the skies.....are you following me here?

Who is this 'they'?

Links please?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Variable
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

There is IMHO not the tiniest bit of evidence to say that life as "advanced" as we are is rare - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is a lot of evidence of there NOT being any life like ours around every Sun they have looked at - right? We have been looking for signals for a long time now.

V

Actually we have looked on and off in a VERY small part of the electromagnetic spectrum.

Jill Tarter likens the search to going to the beach, dipping a bucket into the water near the shore and not finding any fish in that bucked, thus concluding the ocean has no fish.

Here is a good graph of just what we've searched with all the SETI projects in the world from the first experiment in
the 1960s just in the radio spectrum alone.

As you can see, we've not looked at much of it and we've only just begun to look for things like lasers, waste heat, etc.

As technology progresses and computers get faster and electronics get better we've been able to search large amounts of frequencies with higher sensitivity. The Square Kilometer Array (SKA) will kick things up a notch....

edit on 24-5-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I guess we have a lot of catching up to do since they seem to have found us over a few hundred thousand years ago.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: kdyam
I guess we have a lot of catching up to do since they seem to have found us over a few hundred thousand years ago.

Though there is no evidence of that, it stands to reason that any civilization with our level of technology or better could have detected the biomarkers produced by Earth's plant life, millions if not billions of years ago since the Earth's atmosphere is detectable across thousands of lightyears.

We're planning to look for the same biomarkers in the atmospheres of alien planets right now. By 2040 we'll have a catalog of which ones nearby have anything like plant life.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

TPTB that existed and we lived thru...all the lies, promises and hopes from the 50's on. You dropped down what I meant to the lowest denominator.

You had to live through those ages to have experienced it all. There are no "links-as your stuck in the world of computers-how old are you anyway?)...

Let me make it simple for you...what our governments, leaders, teachers, preachers TOLD us all throughout the years. And 90% of what they said...didn't happen. All were false promises and lies. Year after year, decade after decade, war after war, lie after lie.

They weren't links...there were no computers back then. We called it "life-living".

PS Get off the net and away from "links" to the world. Get outside and experience it. It exists beyond your screen...really. And when you do...I wont ask you for the "links" to what you experienced either....

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join