It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who "owns" the moon / Mars???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

By MaskedAvatar

Who owns Sol?

Apparently, this guy:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

In a crafty stunt designed to "expose the phony extraterrestrial real estate industry," British legal scholar Virgiliu Pop declared in 2001 that he owns the sun and can charge the "owners" of other solar system bodies for the solar energy they receive.

Pop has written several papers on space property rights and is a member of the IISL.

"The Lunar Embassy does not own the moon, hence it cannot sell it," Pop said in an e-mail interview. "If you still believe you can actually own the moon by buying it from the Lunar Embassy, then you will have to pay me utilities fees for the sun that I own as much (or as little) as Mr. Hope owns the moon."

[edit on 30-11-2004 by kegs]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

who the hell is Sol???

Sol is the name of our sun

As for owning the moon that guy that sells land for it also claims to own all the other planets in the solar system.

F.Y.I The guys last job was used cars salesman (you wont see that on the site) So I wouldnt buy anything from the guy or think it means anything.

Its like buying a name for a star its a scam nobody uses those names in space stars all have names like nb-2045 there is no reconized "john smith" star.

As for goverments its like Antarctica no one country owns it. But if you have the means and want to build a non military base there go for it.

Xon

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

Originally posted by Xon
I doent think that the us owns the moon or mars. No one does! But I am not sure but I think Europa has sent something to mars. But they did not get respons back after landing. As I said I am not sure! And I have heard that someone did sell (I doent know what it is on english but) Lot's like a house lot...
if you understand. But this was not legal so the man that did this was aressted. But I mean that No one owns the moon or Mars

You mean Europe (not Europa) - In which case has been talked about, called Beagle, it probably smacked into the Martian ground.

Untill actual colonization somewhere, You cant own it. (IE: sending a probe to Mars or Americans to the moon, does not make you the owner. However in the future if there are future bases on the moon, and they are planned to be there indeffiniatly then I would say that, Yes, we would own the moon. and by we, I dont mean Americans, I mean the human race.

Yea sorry I meant Europe. Yea maybe it was the beagle I am not sure. It was suposed to land some days later and the us I think or was it before. Hm sorry I am not sure have youst heard something

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The answer is in reality very little known, but in 1969 after the US "landed" on the moon the United Nations passed a charter that stated any and all celestial bodies that man kind set foot on from that point on fell under their sphear of influance..So technicaly they control the solor system.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join