It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Wave About to Break in SW Russia, Kazakhstan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Russia just launched a Topol ICBM from Kapustin Yar, at a near-sunset time that in the past has created sky apparitions seen across Russia, central Asia, even the Near East.

Keep an eye out for a flood of UFO reports and videos in coming hours.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Had to really dig to find a link for this story but here it is:
www.business-standard.com...

Can't wait to see what the Russian saber-rattling brings out of the atmosphere! Thanks for the heads up.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
Russia just launched a Topol ICBM from Kapustin Yar, at a near-sunset time that in the past has created sky apparitions seen across Russia, central Asia, even the Near East.

I think your covering up a real ufo wave with bs about a missile. Go on admit it, the martians are coming aren't they!

edit on 20-5-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: megabogie

Had to really dig to find a link for this story but here it is:
www.business-standard.com...

Can't wait to see what the Russian saber-rattling brings out of the atmosphere! Thanks for the heads up.

It's only a little one...and the news is all over the place.

edit on 20-5-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
There are now several dozen private videos posted on youtube and on Russian websites. They are usually labeled correctly as a missile but many are still titled "NLO". or UFO. The missile profile is standard: two-stage launch, about 124 seconds, then 3-minute coast, then third stage ignition laying a fan-shaped plume high in the sky. At end of burn a rapid spiral expands, then all fades. Profile puts normally 6000 mile range missile into landing zone less than 2000 miles to the east, to test defense-evading warheads designed to elude US missile defense system.

Early ascent: www.youtube.com...

Higher ascent: www.youtube.com...=6

View from Aktau: www.youtube.com...

Third stage burn: www.youtube.com...

Spiral seen from Kazakhstan: www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Several launch videos, including a dashcam view of early vertical ascent, are here:
gazetavolgodonsk.ru...

I'm not yet seeing any expected views from farther east, like Omsk or Astana. Well, it's just morning there now.....

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Jim,

Thank you so much for coordinating this thread and making this easy to follow and enjoy.

You are a gem.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The coolest spectacle is when the payload gets way up on the last stage. The gas expands rapidly into the near vacuum and and the display becomes huge, like a giant teardrop. If I am correct, I think the Norway spiral was shown to be a defective third stage that started tumbling. I will also bet that many do not think so.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Now THAT is good stuff, I wish more would post informative stuff like this instead of insults and knowitall remarks.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Oberg is just trying to convey information that will prevent ATS from creating another one of those prolonged Norway Spiral threads. I still don't believe his other stuff.

Kratos

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
The coolest spectacle is when the payload gets way up on the last stage. The gas expands rapidly into the near vacuum and and the display becomes huge, like a giant teardrop. If I am correct, I think the Norway spiral was shown to be a defective third stage that started tumbling. I will also bet that many do not think so.

There are spirals and there are spirals. These particular Topol test flights [and there just happened to be one nearly identical to tonight's mission the day after the Norway spiral] end with a brief spiral indicating warhead deployment and spinup. Other tumbling stages venting in orbit paint spirals. Out of control thrusting vehicles will also create spirals.

The Norway case showed a classic spin-induced spiral seen on missile sub launches for decades [the failure was with the third stage and left no visible trace]/ The two-plumed spiral [look closely] seems to be excess 'energy dumping' used on solid-fuel stages [which can't be throttled or turned off] for missions short of maximum rated range.

These characteristics can be deduced from the voluminous ufo files caused by such events around the world for fifty years.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

That's great info. I thought it was the spinning third stage, but the dual trail from the tumbling solid motors kind of makes sense because they will not stop until the fuel is exhausted.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40

Oberg is just trying to convey information that will prevent ATS from creating another one of those prolonged Norway Spiral threads. I still don't believe his other stuff.

Kratos

It seems to me more like he's trying to provide tools to assist members in critical thinking.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't even like Oberg and I agree.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
What these kinds of events can teach us is how important UFO reports are to many areas of human activity, and why there ARE really valuable stories hidden among them, well worth the effort to filter out. And by identifying unrecognized classes of pseudo-UFOs, those nuggets of extraordinariness fall into focus for better attention. The explainable ones also do teach us about the real range of stimulus-to-perception demonstrated by real people. How can knowing that better do anything but help?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

Yes, because all UFO sightings and reports are really ONLY missiles being tested.

Even the ones reported long before missile technology even existed.

Got it? Good.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It seems to me more like he's trying to provide tools to assist members in critical thinking.

Agreed...

And imagine the benefits of a tool that prevented Linear thinking, and how you of all people would benefit from that tremendously.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Best one yet, just posted.

stage-3 fan-shaped plume, horizontal motion [L to R]. from Aktau, stabilized and zoomed, dark sky, crisp view of shutdown spiral from the side, Gafur Baktugulov

www.youtube.com...

This apparition begins in mid-sky, 180 seconds after end of ascent plume, as a tiny spark that extends backwards while expanding, a triangular cloud maintaining its shape while increasing its angular size. The expansion is often interpreted by viewers as an object directly approaching them. The burn lasts about 64 seconds as timed from videos in previous flights, made by auto dashcams that captured start and stop points. It ends with a brief expanding spiral and fast dissipation of exhaust plume, but this dark-sky view shows persistence of sunlit cloud -- 600 miles up, well within illumination of sun already set as viewed from the ground. Altitude was determined from trigonometry of known locations and known ground track [and hence known range].

Mathematicians RULE!!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Yes, because all UFO sightings and reports are really ONLY missiles being tested.

Do you really think that is what Oberg's point is?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: facelift

And imagine the benefits of a tool that prevented Linear thinking, and how you of all people would benefit from that tremendously.

Right. Irrationality is good. Adding 2 + 2 and getting 5 is good.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join