It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Wave About to Break in SW Russia, Kazakhstan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Linear thinking and two dimensional thinking works fine in the environments they were designed for. What has struck me in discussions here with intelligent and sincere people is how different the 3-D awareness of outer space scenes really is. It sort of seeped in over the years, I crawled, toddled, stepped off, then loped along as my balance grew surer. I forgot the stages I'd gone through to be able to look at a TV image with Earth and vehicle structure in it and 'see' the motion latent in the positions, 'see' the sunbeams pouring across the depths invisibly, see through the idiosyncrasies of rugged cameras designed to provide the visual cues for situational awareness in an unearthly situation. I forgot how any person whose sensory interpretation processing was optimized for earth normal would properly and rationally misread the different visual cues of outer space [eg, dark-side shadowing differences standing on the MOON, fer crissakes.]

This has been an illuminating journey of perceptual 'reverse engineering' to explicitly delineate the visual cues that are different in space and hence potentially misleading. People's perceptions are NOT malfunctioning at all, they are reacting as trained and evolved for that original environment. It's the NEW environment -- the new kinds of visual stimuli that spaceflight now confronts us with -- that is to blame for incorrect perceptions, not the perceiver himself.

Realizing this is the key to overcoming it. I think.

Does that make any sense at all or have I become totally unhinged? Yes, I invite those kinds of responses, feel free!!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
Russia just launched a Topol ICBM from Kapustin Yar, at a near-sunset time that in the past has created sky apparitions seen across Russia, central Asia, even the Near East.

Keep an eye out for a flood of UFO reports and videos in coming hours.

Russian missiles don't abduct people.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
While Russia isn't exactly an open society, this shows how helpful it is when a country announces such events. I'm pretty sure the 'ghost rockets' of the late 1940s were Soviet tests, but people were confused and afraid as the USSR refused to acknowledge such operations.
I like to think they're being neighborly, but I suspect it's that NASA etc know right away what they're doing so they figure they might as well admit same (I do suspect some pyrotechnics were failed ops that were claimed to be successful wind tracking chemicals, etc.)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Seems like this thread is missing something...

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Scientific deductive reasoning. When mysterious happenings find a home with a reasonable explanation that fits what we know about our universe, it is a good thing. Everything that seems strange has to pass through this gauntlet unscathed, if we are going to pin any other explanation on it that is not founded in science. I think it is an exciting process.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Keep an eye out for a flood of UFO reports and videos in coming hours.

Yep, i give it about a day for the CGI "cooks" to dish up "Spiral worm hole emits UFOs",
"UFO shoots down missile", mysterious crap infinitum.

I know they are out there, I can hear them typing…

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join