It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and China dumped the US - Petro dollar and Dow Drops

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Gadaffi was bombed by western nations.
Yes, he was. By the US in 1986.

He was killed in 2011 by the rebel opposition which deposed him.

Neither of which had anything to do with currency.

edit on 5/21/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: Vortiki
It might be a little early to sign up for a Mandarin or Russian language course, unless you want to for your own reasons. There certainly is no will or ability in either China or Russia to project force onto the North American continent, so it is unlikely any of us will ever "need" to.

Everything you need except the capital to pay off the debt that you owe to the Chinese.
That means the Chinese own what you think is yours.
Title and deed

Debt? I am relishing the day when We Americans give China the finger on the debt and seize all the things they THINK they own in the US.

It isnt as if they could really do anything to us. We dont need their cheaply made falls apart tomorrow junk.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanzHenry

Debt? I am relishing the day when We Americans give China the finger on the debt and seize all the things they THINK they own in the US.

It isnt as if they could really do anything to us. We dont need their cheaply made falls apart tomorrow junk.

No you probably dont, yet you still keep buying it

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Gadaffi was bombed by western nations.
Yes, he was. By the US in 1986.

He was killed in 2011 by the rebel opposition which deposed him.

Neither of which had anything to do with currency.

I know this is a bit of a conspiracy, but hey, this is a conspiracy website
How lucky am I

Believe what you want to

propaganda-dimitrios.blogspot.com.au...

www.theatlantic.com...

Since the operation began on March 31, getting to Qaddafi's final stand required 7,725 air sorties and 1,845 strike sorties, 397 of which dropped ordnance, and 145 Predator drone strikes.

NATO aircraft, including those supplied by the U.S., totaled 26,089 sorties and 9,618 strike sorties through Wednesday.

More than 70 U.S. aircraft have supported the operation, including Predator drones.

NATO flew 67 sorties and 16 strikes sorties over Libya one day before Qaddafi was killed.

The NATO mission also employed submarines, aircraft carriers, amphibious assault ships, destroyers, frigates, and supply ships--as many as 21 vessels at one time.

That link is the truth as far as
I can tell.A little more than a few rebels?

Your government is losing its grip

Russia and China, probably India next
edit on b2014Wed, 21 May 2014 00:24:48 -050053120143am312014-05-21T00:24:48-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

edit on b2014Wed, 21 May 2014 00:30:19 -050053120143am312014-05-21T00:30:19-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Gaddafi was killed by the rebels who deposed him. You can see the video if you want.

The revolution began before Gadaffi began yapping about buying Africa. Maybe if he had used some of that gold he was holding he wouldn't have been deposed.
www.wikiprogress.org...

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 13th Zodiac

This is a big deal because it allows Russia to bypass U.S. sanctions. China probably isn't in the mood to be put under "sanctions" by the U.S., either.

The U.S. thinks that it can put any country it wants under sanctions because it over-values its dollar. But the truth of the matter is that no one needs the dollar and once they figure that out, sanctions will become silly.

The Middle-East and South America might as well jump on board to a second currency at this point, in order to solve their whole sanctions problem.
edit on 21amWed, 21 May 2014 00:47:59 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Gaddafi was killed by the rebels who deposed him. You can see the video if you want.

The revolution began before Gadaffi began yapping about buying Africa. Maybe if he had used some of that gold he was holding he wouldn't have been deposed.
www.wikiprogress.org...

Wow, cool, Main stream media
It must be the trooth

your welcome

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

This is a big deal because it allows Russia to bypass U.S. sanctions.
How?
China has no sanctions against Russia and that's the only country this involves. They are already trading. It will have no effect on US (or euro) sanctions. It will have no effect on the US since it's their money anyway.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Yeah. You're right.
Everything was sunshine in rainbows. That's why the rebellion started in 2009.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Yeah. You're right.
Everything was sunshine in rainbows. That's why the rebellion started in 2009.

Sunshine and roses, hmmmm
What does that have to do with anything at all ?

Most rebellions and civil unrests remain internal, unless petro dollars are at risk

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Like Ukraine you mean?

BTW, was there any indication that anyone was going along with Gadaffi's plan?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
It will effect the US as 90 billion US dollars will flood the market

It will be a surplus on an already jittery market

The US $ will devalue, just watch

What do you think this story is about, nothing?

Do you think Russia and China are just doing this for fun, no plan or outcome devised.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It makes me wonder how an elected Mitt Romney would have done with his applied business skills? He definitely had confidence and leadership capabilities. Twenty years down the road, I'll still be wondering this very same thing. If the USD collapses, we will likely not see recovery for at least 30 years, and that is being optimistic.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

It will effect the US as 90 billion US dollars will flood the market
Dollars from where?
You think China and Russia are going to dump their dollars? Why?
Why would they intentionally take a loss?
Why would China (or Russia for that matter) do something to devalue their own international investments?
This is just about cash between Russia and China.

I think China thinks they can improve their profits by buying in rubles and selling in dollars.
I think Russia...who the hell knows what Russia thinks?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
You said it friend.

Ever since this Ukraine nonsense popped off it made me think of Confessions of an Economic Hitman. The USA has been meddling in foreign affairs for corporate gain for too long.

I do not blame Russia or China for finally trying to be independent of the warmongers of the US.

Time to get on google translate and learn some basic Mandarin and Russian

a reply to: Vortiki

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: oneupShadow

I do not blame Russia or China for finally trying to be independent of the warmongers of the US.

China is quite independent.
Weren't you claiming they own the US?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
BTW - www.usatoday.com...

Report: China-Russia gas deal delayed

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloomoon

"We won't be signing," Mao Zefeng told the FT. "At the moment the import price and the domestic price are inverted. We are already losing money on imported gas, and we can't lose more.
www.usatoday.com...

So I guess it's not a plan between China and Russia to drive the US into the dirt.

Like I said, China thought they saw a profit to be made from Russia. Guess not. Not right now. Sorry Vlad, maybe another time.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

a reply to: KnowledgeSeeker81

So China, the worlds manufacturer is going to drop the dollar?

No. They just aren't going to trade with Russia with it. That's worth about $90 billion (US) between the two of them.

Phage, I would expect you of all people to have a rhetorical sarcasm font.

The issue most look over is the fact that China functions solely upon western trading. The Holy grail deal with Russia and China about gas is meaningless if either industry goes under. Russia is not a consumer market, and gas sales to china are pointless when the slave shops aren't running. Maybe one of the other BRICS nations will magically appear as a front runner? My money is on Venezuela, big area, martial law, lots of potential. In reality, even if the dollar is replaced with another as world reserve currency, the impact to the dollar will be minimal, while simultaneously causing a reaction from the "western" economies in sanctions and decreased food exports.

You can't eat gold and oil, plain and simple.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: KnowledgeSeeker81

In reality, even if the dollar is replaced with another as world reserve currency, the impact to the dollar will be minimal, while simultaneously causing a reaction from the "western" economies in sanctions and decreased food exports.
I agree that the impact would have been minimal...even if the deal had gone through.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join