It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and China dumped the US - Petro dollar and Dow Drops

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Now tell me how those numbers reflect your life.

Because they surely don't reflect mines.

Maybe the big guys on top are seeing some growth, but my world and those around me is undoubtedly on the decline.

The numbers they give us are garbage and have been garbage for a while.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

The Chinese will legally acquire the industry due to unpaid debt, power plants, water supply's, farms, minerals et all.

Investment is not a loan.

force the bankers to foreclose on the insolvent US (Government)
Why? What would that do except ruin the economy of the US (and the world)? Chinese investors want the US to be successful so their investments will pay off. Chinese companies want the US to be successful so they can steal corporate secrets.

edit on 5/20/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 13th Zodiac

Wonder what the pretext for war will be this time.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
How likely is conventional warfare in this case? war stimulates an economy if both sides play.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

robo cop was japanese think blade runner was chinese but that was done due to growing chinese population in la not that they had taken over the world in the blade runner time line

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The Chinese will legally acquire the industry due to unpaid debt, power plants, water supply's, farms, minerals et all.

Investment is not a loan.

force the bankers to foreclose on the insolvent US (Government)
Why? What would that do except ruin the economy of the US (and the world)? Chinese investors want the US to be successful so their investments will pay off. Chinese companies want the US to be successful so they can steal corporate secrets.

One more time.
China owns US debt, they hold US debt. They invest, its a pincer move
or
You buy a house cant afford repayments, an investor comes in buys your debt and buys a share in the home. Takes a share of the profits.
You still cant pay your debt, the investor either buys you out or takes legal action and declares you insolvent taking the home for themselves.

They dont need to steal what they own, sheesh its not that difficult to understand

and YES, they do want to usurp the worlds economy, China want to be world leaders. China dont want to be subservient to the US.

Read the OP, they are positioning themselves to destroy the US currency
edit on b2014Tue, 20 May 2014 22:50:56 -050053120142pm312014-05-20T22:50:56-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: eriktheawful

robo cop was japanese think blade runner was chinese but that was done due to growing chinese population in la not that they had taken over the world in the blade runner time line

Why can't it be the Italians?

I lived in Italy for 4 years. Wonderful food and people.....and they HATE to pay taxes. Plus I know some Italian already!

Ah well.......

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I always hate to be the one to ruin the doom and gloom but, you all do know this purely a symbolic act right? Russia will continue to do its oil export buisiness in dollars because outside the Euro it has no other options and China will continue to hold dollars as its reserve. Why? Because the dollar is more stable than anything else. And so in the end what changes? For now, not a thing.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

China dont want to be subservient to the US.
They aren't.

That will make Chinese investors real happy. Their financial investments (global) will be worthless. Their capital investments (global) will collapse. Good plan.
And here I thought the Chinese were supposed to have business acumen.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: Vortiki

Don't be ridiculous. We in the US have everything we need to survive just fine on our own if need be. There are few if any natural resources we lack,

Rare Earth Minerals?
Cheap Labor?
Morales and values?

and we possess the creativity, engineering experience, factory capacity,

Possessed, after you outsourced all your jobs you lost the experience, once your factories closed you lost your capacity. Granted, you can retrain and reopen factories but that takes investment and time. Something you wont have if a ''vacuum'' occurs.

infrastructure, transportation

that is failing due to a lack of maintenance and investment

network and communications systems

that your government has hacked, taken over and controls.

On top of that, we have over 200 million heavily armed citizens, spread across a geographical area so large it can never be invaded conventionally.

Too bad your so psychotic and gun crazy your wasting your youth to gun massacres in schools and shopping centers.

Dont get me wrong, you were the greatest on earth and everything you said was true 30+ years ago.

But you go greedy and lazy, if the world did collapse outside your borders you'd be one of the first to fall from grace.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
So China, the worlds manufacturer is going to drop the dollar? Not likely as their economy would also crash. I don't get the sensationalism of people "dropping" the dollar. It will still be currency even if it loses it's world reserve status, you all know that right?

When the US decides to stop exporting food and foreign aid due to a real move on the dollar, that's when I'll worry.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: KnowledgeSeeker81

So China, the worlds manufacturer is going to drop the dollar?

No. They just aren't going to trade with Russia with it. That's worth about $90 billion (US) between the two of them.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Why do so many people think that China owning so much US debt means they own the US? Don't you folks understand that by investing nearly ALL it's liquid currency in the US and then compounding that debt, China is now dependent on a functioning US economy? If the US goes down, China has zip, nada, a bunch of worthless numbers on a gazillion pieces of paper.

China doesn't own the US, by grabbing every profit China has made the US has the ability to destroy their economy and so owns THEM.

"Hey China! Ya know those 20 trillions of dollars you gave us? A-HAHAHA! See yas, thanks for the bucks!"

edit on 5/20/2014 by Montana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

China dont want to be subservient to the US.
They aren't.

That will make Chinese investors real happy. Their financial investments (global) will be worthless. Their capital investments (global) will collapse. Good plan.
And here I thought the Chinese were supposed to have business acumen.

Poor choice of words, "subservient". China want Number 1 spot, they dont want to be dictated to by anyone, especially the US

As for business acumen, They need the US to fail to rebuild the US in the image of China. They will own industry in the US
They will grow industry in the US, they will start a new empire.
In the beginning it will be worthless, but in time

the Chinese need the US dollar to fail so it can own the majority of US debt

Anyway thats MY opinion, its not a fact. I just guessed what I though would happen, probably wrong

Irrelevant, I believe what i think makes sense. To you it may not, we disagree.

I dont want to argue over possibilities and assumptions

Believe what you want and I hope you are right

I wont change your mind and you wont change mine.

I see both countries posturing for war, throw in Korea, Taiwan and Japan, now evidently Vietnam and this financial crunch. Something is happening.

Tell me, do you think this Russian/Chinese policy was not applied to cause harm to US economics

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
China will find that they sell less to the US and that can be only good for the US.

Russia has never been a major player so they can rot.

if the price of chinese products goes up it can only help US companies in the long run.

If more US companies make more money the price of gold goes down in the west.

The price of gold going down makes the US dollar stronger and the Chinese weaker.

I know most people here will not understand.

Years ago some arab countries would only take gold for there oil

A year later gold prices dropped to 1/2 and less and the arabs found out how they screwed up.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

a reply to: KnowledgeSeeker81

So China, the worlds manufacturer is going to drop the dollar?

No. They just aren't going to trade with Russia with it. That's worth about $90 billion (US) between the two of them.

Yeah but thats the start, where will it end.
Gadaffi tried something similar and was killed for it.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Yeah but thats the start, where will it end.

Probably when they realize it's a dumb idea that doesn't actually do anything.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I am not too worried. We are one of China's biggest customers. They will not let us go under, we may end up working for China, but that is another story. I think what will eventually happen is ......as the people of China's standard of living increases they will see the way people live in the rest of the world especially if they travel. They will want what everyone else has, its human nature. They will want democracy , that word they google now and get a 404 error. Yes they can taste democracy. The populous will riot the government will fall and the death blow, we will send them the UAW...That will fix em .

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

No Gadaffi was killed because the rebels hated him and beat him up before shooting him.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

No Gadaffi was killed because the rebels hated him and beat him up before shooting him.

Gadaffi was bombed by western nations. Where else has that happened recently

Are you a shill?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join