It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival After the Rapture!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
I am not a believer but knowing a little about it It would seem GOD himself only knows who would be taken in the rapture.

Saying you don't expect to be around for it sounds a little presumptuous.

Maybe a pride issue (one of the 7 deadly sins)

Maybe being a little more humble would serve your belief better?

Only you and "him" know your true heart........ just say'in

You say you are not a believer and I can see that. You dont understand the difference between being humble and having faith. It seems that most non-believers know a lot about the Bible. What turned you off? Just curious.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: wonderworld
We all sin.

I don't.

Your definition of sin is taken from a collection gathered and written by men who wanted power. My definition fits the way I conduct my life.

Just to ask ONE example from your book.
God created Adam and Eve and they were naked. They ate from the forbidden tree and saw that they were naked and covered themselves up.
And why did God get angry when they covered themself up? He made them naked, so surely He is to blame?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Its inner meanings, gnosticism.

Here is something about the 144 000, or the number 9, and its also about death of ego and completion.

www.spiritofthescripture.com...

Nine, number: The number three is the number of perfection and completeness. Nine, which is three squared, refers to the attainment of perfection on the three lower planes [material plane, astral and mental planes].

The above defines why Matthew 27:46 starts out with about the ninth hour. It was about the ninth hour because Jesus’ soul was about to become perfect through the death of his lower nature.....

A couple of people have asked me recently why the Bible depicts the ego as being crucified since crucifixion paints such a barbaric image. The reason crucifixion imagery fits so well is because when the lower self is extinguished it truly can be a painful and agonizing experience, at least at first. The bliss described by many gurus after union with the higher self is achieved makes the entire process seem worth it.

Consider the fact that so many people have had an “awakening” under circumstances of extreme distress. Many take place during a near-death experience. Everything from car wrecks, extreme physical illness, and even serious depression can help the soul make the transition.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: wonderworld

Much of the book of Revelation will only be understood completely when it actually happens, which is why NOW we can see it. -

So Jews and Mormons probably don't stand a chance....right? My GF is a Jew....if I have to leave her; I don't wanna go!

I am Christian, which is a branch off off the Jewish. The jewish have always been God's chosen people. Jesus was born a jew. After the Rapture the tribes of the jewish population come together and are special during this time. The long term goal is the same in the end. Where will your spirit or sould go. I'm sure you and your GF will be together in the end.

edit on 19-5-2014 by wonderworld because: Edit to add quote

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: HolgerTheDane2

We all sin.

I don't.

Your definition of sin is taken from a collection gathered and written by men who wanted power. My definition fits the way I conduct my life.

Just to ask ONE example from your book.

God created Adam and Eve and they were naked. They ate from the forbidden tree and saw that they were naked and covered themselves up.

And why did God get angry when they covered themself up? He made them naked, so surely He is to blame?

Are you kidding? The Bible was written by God. The very last words in the Bible say 'no man shall take or add to this" I'm not sure why so many people blame God rather than Satan. Even Satanists believe in God but chose to worship the wrong one! If all that is written here happens would you change your view? Most will be Deceived! Others will understand, without doubt!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Are you kidding? The Bible was written by God. The very last words in the Bible say 'no man shall take or add to this" I'm not sure why so many people blame God rather than Satan. Even Satanists believe in God but chose to worship the wrong one! If all that is written here happens would you change your view? Most will be Deceived! Others will understand, without doubt!

No it wasn't! It was written by men CLAIMING to be inspired by GOD. How do you guarantee that they didn't also have a political agenda?

Deception indeed!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Are you kidding? The Bible was written by God.

Are you kidding? The Bible was written by man.
And large chunks of the Old Testament have been disproven.
Adam and Eve. Genesis. Creation of the Earth. Noahs Ark.
Heck, even Exodus has been proven to be folklore ...
a real person named Moses but with a whole lot of myth built up
around him.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Too bad the revelations is all BS!

1- Make up stories about a God that will help us even if we do nothing to prevent evil
2- Make up the idea that if at the last second of your life you say that you are sorry, then all is forgiven.
3- Make a book about it with stories reflecting the values of the writers, which in no way comes from God
4- Make up a religion with a prosecuted mascot that in no way would of want a religion under his name

I mean I can go on, but you are just fools if you believe any of this.
The only reason evil thrives is because good does nothing to stop it so go ahead and wait for your precious God to save you while you do nothing. I personally won't wait for God to do good around me.

The "Lord" that wants your soul is against you and not with you.
edit on 19-5-2014 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2014 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Even Satanists believe in God but chose to worship the wrong one!

No they aren't because earth belongs to Satan as of now.
Want earthly power? Pray that dude.

originally posted by: wonderworldIf all that is written here happens would you change your view? Most will be Deceived! Others will understand, without doubt!

We will know one day who will be deceived...
Believers or non-believers.

I'll place my bet on believers.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
There are more places than just that one verse in Matthew that mention a possible rapture. I'm not going to go dig them up, but they're out there.

Now as to what I believe? I believe it will either happen, or it won't. Either way, I pray every night and try to keep myself as right with God as I can. I prepare as I can. What will be, will be. For all I know, I will die an old woman in my bed someday, or I will snatched off the planet as early as this fall at some point during the Feast of Trumpets.

But I refuse to live a life of fear or worry. I will do my best to live as though things will always go on and I will love everyone around me. Only God really knows how this will actually play out, and what His plans for me are in the end, and I just have to trust that they're what's best.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The final war, to end all wars, that supposed to engulf all the souls into an everlasting contest is going to have survivors?

Da hell...?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I realize this is a part of your world view...and I hope you are comfortable within that view.
A couple of items, however, caught my attention, as quoted below:

(from your excerpted texts)
...A meteor will hit the earth causing the sea to become like blood, killing 1/3 of all sea creatures and destroying 1/3 of all shipping...
...A 'star' named Wormwood will fall from the sky and poison 1/3 of all fresh water killing many people...
...The oceans will chemically change and become like the blood of a dead man (congealed?) and everything in the sea will die...
...The fresh waters will become like blood...
...The Euphrates river will dry up allowing the kings of the east to march westward...
...The kings of the world will gather their armies together to battle God at Armageddon...
...There will be an earthquake so great that all of the mountains and islands will disappear...

Seems like the Waters of the Earth are a main target, here.
If "the fresh waters will become like blood", and "the oceans will...become like the blood of a dead man", how will the kings of the east and/or kings of the earth keep their armies alive to march & do battle?
Just seems like a bit of overkill - to me.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

To 1 OP it seems there are uncomfortable processes that may be endured by the EXODUS souls...
in this area of revelations it speaks of death of flesh of believers/followers and them being relocated elsewhere even given a white robe to cover themselves... And they are in direct communication with the LORD after leaving/going.

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

I used to think psalms91:7 was speaking of some sort of soul ascensions here.

91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

1 is not sure how it shall all go but the importance of a good Soul/Spirit/Internal Energy may be important during these times...

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
when considering a serious zombie issue Rev9:4-5-6 seem to describe them when Hades is riding on EA*RTH...

9 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
the response to those who sent the souls... REV 9:11-21

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Very interesting events. STAY STRONG ALL*

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
edit on 5/19/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The 'rapture' is nonbiblical and easily disproven using scripture.
So I wouldn't worry about survival after a pretrib rapture.
There won't be one.

^ This.

If I'm not mistaken, was the rapture thought up by some Protestant preacher in the 1800's? If I recall the word "rapture" isn't even in the Bible.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The 'rapture' is nonbiblical and easily disproven using scripture.
So I wouldn't worry about survival after a pretrib rapture.
There won't be one.

^ This.

If I'm not mistaken, was the rapture thought up by some Protestant preacher in the 1800's? If I recall the word "rapture" isn't even in the Bible.

The fact is ALL of the purported "Apocalypse" is not in the scriptures and is made up and are nothing more than the doctrines of man.NONE of it is truth.It is all fantasy in the religious carnal mind of man.The battle of Armageddon is not between God and the saints and Satan and the evil it is a war between the ears of man in their religious carnal mind.Unfortunately many will not even "believe" this obvious fact.They will continue their whole lifes to believe something that isn't true in the least and NOTHING can convince them otherwise.Their false belief will effect everyone they know because that is how the perversion of religion works.All that can be done for them is to deny ignorance and state truth....thank God for ATS!!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Much of the book of Revelation will only be understood completely when it actually happens, which is why NOW we can see it.
I think that the Book of Revelation is a call to holiness, using the metaphor of the "new exodus" from Babylon to emphasize it.

The original Babylon from which the metaphor is based on, wrecked Jerusalem and its temple and took captive the priesthood and the royals and the upper class.
So it devastated Judea as a viable nation.
Once Babylon fell to the Persians, the surviving Jews who were held captive were allowed to return in what was hoped to be a new exodus to equal that of Moses' and the Israelites.
To inaugurate it, they swore anew to the covenant with The Lord.
That was then.
What was "now" when Revelation was written was a new Babylon, Rome, or rather Imperial Rome, which to the writer was just as sinful as Babylon, or even more so.
What John the Revelator was saying was that Rome, is virtually fallen already, even though they seem by all appearances to be at the height of their power.
So now we have another opportunity, with a fallen world power, and a newly devastated Jerusalem, to start a new "Israel" that is global in scale.

As to the actual topic of this thread, Rapture doesn't even figure in, but rather the reverse, which is the city of God, the New Jerusalem coming down from Heaven.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

The battle of Armageddon is not between God and the saints and Satan and the evil . . .
It is a proposed war that is stopped by the intervention of God.
The "Kings of the Earth" are summoned to God's earthly abide, on top of the mountain Har Mageddon and straightened out on who is really the King of the Earth.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Right, that was John Nelson Darby. He was basically an Imperial agent serving as a ostensible priest in the Church of Ireland that was made to look Catholic while really being Protestant.
Rapture is in the Latin Bible, and is in 1 Thessalonians describing what is probably the much dreaded "Last Day".
So there would be no further history of the world from that point, in Paul's understanding, much different from Darby's scheme.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join