It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Pareidolia Responsible For Those Ghostly Faces?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

In the first picture of the toast, it actually looks more like Gillian Anderson from her X-Files days to me.
edit on 17-5-2014 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

Three is good. I can see at least 13 in there, although other people had to find some of them and point them out to me. Some of them are of almost photogenic quality once you see them. I like yours, that's a very nice picture, with the snow and composition as well as the fun find of a personal image.

I'm up to seeing 8 now. Go me!! LOL

edit on 5/17/2014 by sled735 because: typo... keys sticking!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Earlier I was browsing through the forums on my phone and found a prime example of this... I was in this thread (The Titanic didnt sink, its sister the Olympic did!) and the first post contains a picture where the OP notes after the image that you're looking for the letters "M" and "P", but I did not see that. I saw a face clear as day and had to stare at it for a good 20 seconds before I could make myself switch over and see what I was supposed to be seeing. I'm not noticing it near as much on my computer (I have to concentrate a bit to see the "face" now) but from my phone it was unmistakable and impossible to un-see, whether that was my phone's fault or my brain's fault I couldn't tell you. Weird.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Here's a photo portion of clouds in which many faces have been found. Give it a try and see what you can see.

I see the face of an inbred White Liger in the top right corner.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: sooth

In the first picture of the toast, it actually looks more like Gillian Anderson from her X-Files days to me.

I see Deborah Harry.
ia.media-imdb.com...

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Since you asked for Pareidolia I thought I'd share this one.

Do you see the faces in the smoke?
edit on 18-5-2014 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech

In practically every frame of the 9/11 smoke videos there are many "faces", and some people see dozens of "demons" and similar other-worldly imagery in those.

edit on 18-5-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Yes there was. And there is 4 faces to find there that I have seen. 2 are in one of the pictures though. Can you see them?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

In practically every frame of the 9/11 smoke videos there are many "faces", and some people see dozens of "demons" and similar other-worldly imagery in those.

We have a firebox which we would use to burn logs made from tree branches and tree trunks cut into segments. One log which came from a tree that fell down in a storm had some faces and tree sprites:

It's interest that two different faces came from the same segment of wood, but with different lighting. The bluish one came from a flash photograph that went off by accident. The other was just with a regular photograph.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

At the time I had the very unpopular thinking that the "faces" in the smoke were like those in a cloud, which I expressed.

I've learned it's less trouble not to say that anymore.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech
a reply to: Aleister

Yes there was. And there is 4 faces to find there that I have seen. 2 are in one of the pictures though. Can you see them?

I can see many faces in all the 9/11 smoke pics and videos I've seen. And of course they are like cloud faces, natural circulation of matter and air that the brain reads out as heads, shapes, or faces (the human brain had to develop those abilities in order to recognize animals and enemies hiding among foliage and/or trees).

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The pictures you put up? Sure. Probably imagination making faces out of shapes. But honestly, I've encountered too many spooks to say that they don't exist and it's all imagination. So while those particular pictures are imagination finding shapes, I do think there are many authentic pictures/instances out there.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Yes, I see all kinds of evil faces in that smoke!

Very good pareidolia. Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Interesting! Maybe the nature spirits are upset that the tree is being burned.

Thanks for sharing. Good catch!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
In some cases it may be, but it is possible that some forces intentionally manifest in this way.
This is from our campfire tonight

This is another example from storm clouds.

However I have seen photos that seemed to be filled with Grays. I need to see if I can find them again. This was also at a time when we had a great deal of paranormal activity going on and to be honest the kids had face to face encounters with them.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NephraTari

Awesome, NephraTari!!!!!!

Looks like a flaming phoenix!

I'll have to study on those clouds. Sometimes it takes me a minute to see things.

Thank you so much for sharing your photos.

I hope you find those other pics. That would be amazing!

ETA: Okay, what I'm seeing in the cloud is one huge face with it's mouth turned down on the right side. Looks pretty angry!

Is that what you see?

edit on 5/18/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Actually looked almost like a huge sea monster in the sky to us. Especially from actual non camera view. If only Nessie could fly lol

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NephraTari

Well, now that you mentioned that, I can see it too.

I have a thread up on Nessie too, but we won't go there. I think it was determined to be a hoax.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche

originally posted by: sooth

I see Deborah Harry.
ia.media-imdb.com...

Looks like Marlyn Monroe to me. Ha!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
A hellhound/ Black Shuck, photographed by myself in low-light conditions right above the graveyard last week.
Taken with the iPhone 5S, so it's not the best quality, regarding the conditions. Actually, it was pretty creppy. In the picture you cannot see the entire body because it fades out into a shadow of the cloud itself.

edit on 19-5-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join