It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Pareidolia Responsible For Those Ghostly Faces?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
a reply to: VegHead

OMG! How eerie!! Thanks for sharing that. Yes, I would say that qualifies for pareidolia.
Are you sure your son didn't go look in the other end of the lens when you snapped that one? If not, then it must be a reflection from the lens, but I can't explain how it happened.

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing that with us.

I'm strangely glad that you found it creepy too.

I can be certain that my son wasn't on the other end of the lens when I snapped the picture. He was standing right beside me, and (probably more importantly, since memory can be a tricky thing) other end of the telescope was (a) pointed too high for him to peer into and (b) right up to a window, with no space for a person to stand and look into it.

I'm certain it was just a random thing - the lens, the moon, etc. just happened to look just right. But even when I "enhanced" the photo a bit to get a better look, it just looked even creepier and more eye-like. Details, such as the "rim of the eye lid", became more apparent.

Ew! Ew! Ew!

I don't think this is the case with my photo... however, as someone else mentioned, I do sometimes wonder if intelligent paranormal phenomenon can sometimes manipulate things that we can see more readily (clouds, smoke, mist, etc.) to show themselves. Might be easier to manifest, so to speak, with materials available than to start from scratch. I have no idea what I'm talking about... but just something I've wondered when I've seen especially convincing pareidolia.
edit on 19-5-2014 by VegHead because: forgot picture code

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose
a reply to: sled735
A hellhound/ Black Shuck, photographed by myself in low-light conditions right above the graveyard last week.
Taken with the iPhone 5S, so it's not the best quality, regarding the conditions. Actually, it was pretty creppy. In the picture you cannot see the entire body because it fades out into a shadow of the cloud itself.

Thank you for sharing your pic with us, Necrose. That's an amazing photo! One of the best I've seen for cloud formations.
Or, is that a hillside? I can't tell.

edit on 5/19/2014 by sled735 because: add question

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

I know what you mean, VegHead.

I have a hard time putting the paranormal into words too, sometimes.

Like you, that gives me the heebeegeebees! I have to look away... very quickly!

edit on 5/19/2014 by sled735 because: typo... keys sticking!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

It's a cloud m8

Wish you could see it for yourself, you would have been blown away.
edit on 19-5-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Chamberf=6

When I first began to see the issue with the word.. windows here it reminded me of the experience of reading that book. I was just about to mention your location when you posted this.

Anyway, I also hear what sounds like a crowd, sometimes singing together but more often the voices seem to be speaking all at once. I live in the woods, nowhere near a city and have spent quite a few evenings quietly listening to it, hoping to pick up some phrase or single voice.

Penny

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

It's a cloud m8

Wish you could see it for yourself, you would have been blown away.

Yes, I'm sure I would have. Excellent!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: pennylemon

When I first began to see the issue with the word.. windows here it reminded me of the experience of reading that book. I was just about to mention your location when you posted this.

Anyway, I also hear what sounds like a crowd, sometimes singing together but more often the voices seem to be speaking all at once. I live in the woods, nowhere near a city and have spent quite a few evenings quietly listening to it, hoping to pick up some phrase or single voice.

Penny

I first read that book, footnotes with the parallel story and the main (same time) while recovering from a severe concussion and listening to "Born A Ghost" by Wilco-over and over. I was completely immersed. Dreamed about the red Zampano room (did he disappear, taken, eviscerated?) the 5 1/2 minute hallway -- all of it. The growl deep, deep down, and miles of stairway and rooms deep deep.. The tattoo shop. "Regular" yet haunted life.
Of course the Navidson film that "made it public".

i Sometimes really do wonder, if like in the book, old, old, locations hold something we cannot grasp.

Like the preface--"This book is not for you". Like a warning.

ETA: Odd side note...Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot album was before 9/11 yet it talked about large building quaking, smoke from lungs, making war on war, etc..

I have a special place for them because Jeff Tweedy was from Uncle Tupelo--St. Louis, and I saw his first try out out for Wilco for the "in-crowd"of other St. Louis bands at Cicero's Basement Bar--called themselves "Black Shampoo" for that one first show.
At one time we were almost on U.T."s label--then Lovely Booking from Chicago, tried to out-bargain, blew it, then they backed out.
such is life. Suddenly we were 'has beens" before we um, ever,...."been (besides for playing with Polvo--personal highlight)
edit on 5/19/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/19/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

a reply to: stormcell

Interesting! Maybe the nature spirits are upset that the tree is being burned.

Thanks for sharing. Good catch!

I think that too - that wood came from trees that were knocked down during the winter storms. They weren't trees grown to be intended for firewood. I've seen other happier faces - one was formed from mistletoe and looked Dan Dare taking a deep refreshing breath.

That cloud picture looks like Cthulu - Tentacles

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Cthulu in Carcosa?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

No, because nature spirits aren't fictional.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

You know I wasn't implying that, you goof. (meant in a friendly way)

Like I've said to you privately, I think some can only be explained by somethings we don't fully understand.

...and I was just kind of referring my once "have to watch show "True Detectives". (Should have mentioned the Yellow King too.)
edit on 5/20/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chamberf=6

You know I wasn't implying that, you goof. (meant in a friendly way)

Like I've said to you privately, I think some can only be explained by somethings we don't fully understand.

...and I was just kind of referring my once "have to watch show "True Detectives". (Should have mentioned the Yellow King too.)

Ha, Okay. I don't know anything about those shows. All I know is that it is fiction. So... excuse my short-sighted reply.

edit on 5/20/2014 by sled735 because: correction

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Nothing to excuse.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Ah, come on people!
I've seen ghostly pictures being shared hundreds of times on ATS.
We need more photos here. Anyone have something to share that we can pick our brain to see if it's real, or pareidolia?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If the answer is both that we see what we want to see and there are real images that can come through to us then it would be the cause for much debate. One could spend a whole lifetime either comfortably believing in the unknown and another could be confident in dismissing all claims as false.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The answer is both. I agree with that. This part of our brain, that they're looking at is built into us for a reason. It has a function that is obviously needed. We are more than bots with 5 senses, but have incredible programming and even dna, for far more senses than 5, we have neurology in our stomachs and our gut instincts are meant by design to guide us. By design we are multidimensional beings who are meant to be more than 5 sensory bots, but progress our spirits here.

Ingo Swann discusses in his essays the experiments they've done, where they know we have many hardwired dna psi toggle spots in our body and they've mapped them out. These aren' t just functions that explain away anomalies, but they're functions that help us navigate safely through this school in a multidimensional way, keeping safe from "unseen" negative influences. Though we also are able to see, we do have these functions that according to Ingo Swann, we can simply intend to access and even if they've been unused in your family for 100's of years, we dust them off and tweak them up again.

You can do meditation and state, I am perceiving all that I need to perceive for our safety and progression, my toggle spots are turned on and working fully, for the good of others and to guide my ship safely to port. And then picture a room with many light switches, and switching them on.

We can alter dna with words, with emotions, and with intentions.

Really super articles here!

www.biomindsuperpowers.com...
The Ingo Swann Database
Regarding Superpowers of the Human Biomind

I believe what they're dealing with here is one of our built in sensory programs, one of the ones Ingo Swann discusses.
edit on 21-5-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Ah, come on people!

I've seen ghostly pictures being shared hundreds of times on ATS.

We need more photos here. Anyone have something to share that we can pick our brain to see if it's real, or pareidolia?

le months back i had a vision that i would get a pic of bigfoot on my trail cam. This vision was complete with emotions from him and all. I got a mental image of a bigfoot walking along a creek coming to take a calf from the property and coming past my camera but raising his hand in order to block the shot then from a nearby tree my other camera snapped and he had a sense of damn he got a pic. So i went down and placed my cams and that day it began to rain and the creek rose covering all the land within a hundred ft with a foot of water. Later when i checked my camera i was very surprised what i caught. It was just as i had seen in my vision except instead of a physical body i just captured what looked like a star hovering above the water at about 9ft and had motion trail about it. Later i caught a series of four lights in a verticle row and when compared with day shots the lights lined up perfectly with four branches on a tree???

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Funny how people know what Jesus looks like, you know him, that blue eyed Caucasian dude who was born an the middle east a few thousand years back?
You know him, the son of God?
Gods that old kind wise white haired Caucasian chap with the nice white flowing beard ... oh, hang on a minute, sorry, fell victim to western stereotyping....but still, they know what they look like.... never could figure that one out.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I really shouldn't do this but since you asked.

The original photo.

After a little cleaning up with Photoshop.

Rotate it for the full effect.

The story is the mark was left behind after a paranormal attack. So what is the 222?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech
I can't rotate it. I don't know what 222 means, but if I turned it upside down, it kind of looks like some kind of animal.

You'll have to come to my paranormal thread (click on my signature) and tell us the story behind that. Interesting.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join