It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Pareidolia Responsible For Those Ghostly Faces?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I did a google on "hearing voices and music in white noise." Apparently this is a very common phenomenon. Good to know I'm not a loony. If I am, at least I have plenty of company.
www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox&channel=sb[ /quote]

Well that is good news indeed.

edit on 5/17/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chamberf=6
a reply to: sled735

Do you float?

Well the only pictures I have that i initially thought might be something, upon analyzing and zooming turned out to be explainable and (TBH) a bit of a let down. I mean who doesn't want to catch "that shot"?

The place I really truly Expected to find something in my pics was at Ocho Ojos. ...Nothing.
Still the history and location...I dunno.

Do I float? Ha! Yeah, Man! Every night! We all do when we sleep. But, mostly, I fly.

The soul leaves the body and goes on some pretty awesome journeys, usually with their spirit guide, but sometimes we don't realize they are with us, unless we need them.
Most people don't realize this, or remember it, but it happens.

Have you ever been at the beginning stages of sleep and suddenly jumped so strongly, it felt like you were bouncing off the bed?! That's when our soul is coming back into our body... with somewhat of a crash landing. lol
We don't usually take our soul journeys until we are in a much deeper sleep, but sometimes we get out pretty soon after lying down (without even realizing it) but something happens that we come back suddenly. Maybe we're not into the right stage of sleep yet. Then... BOOM!!!
I've scared my kitty cat (she sleeps on my tummy) so bad jumping like that, she runs off the bed and out of the room. LOL

Too bad you couldn't find any pictures. Just take some at random areas when you think you hear the voices, or anything else strange. I bet something will show up.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ronson

The last photo in your post was taken in Kirkcaldy fife Scotland
This was taken by my sisters friends
The child you see crying was being scratched nipped and bitten
The face at the bottom of the picture was that of a child believed
to have died in that house,IMHO the was not peirodolia but a genuine
haunting and the face was a ghost not someone's imagination.
I have seen the original photo taken on a camera phone and used
to have a copy, it's been all over Facebook and is well known here .

Yeah, I was reading about that before I posted it. Wow! Thank you for coming on the thread! And welcome to ATS!

I figured that one was the real deal. That's awful about the little girl being scratched and bitten. Sounds like they have themselves a demon lurking around!!

images.search.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A0LEVjT8mHZT6TEAwXcPxQt.;_ylu=X3o'___'Bsa3ZzMnBvBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--?_adv_prop=image&fr=yhs -iry-fullyhosted_003&sz=all&va=ghostly+faces&hspart=iry&hsimp=yhs-fullyhosted_003

At first glance, it seems to be an ordinary snap of a group of young people. But look more carefully and there appears to be an extraordinary, ghostly presence among them. Peeping out between the knees of two of the girls is the face of a child. The eerie image - clear enough to show a pair of eyes, a nose, a mouth and hair - was captured by 17-year-old Matthew Summers on his mobile phone as he and his friends were preparing to go out. "I zoomed in to my sister's mate's little sister who was crying and I saw a face," Matthew said. "You can see all the facial expressions and everything. "Usually when you see pictures like that it's a blur but this one is really weird. "I was really shocked because I don't believe in that stuff." Matthew took the picture in his sister's friend's front room in Billingham, Teesside. "I've sent it to my girlfriend and she thinks it's a bit weird," he added. His photo joins a long line of apparently paranormal snaps. The most memorable in recent times was a cloaked figure photographed standing in a doorway at Hampton Court Palace in 2003. However, Ciaran O'Keeffe, a parapsychologist on Living TV's Most Haunted show, has a more down-to-earth explanation for the "child" in Matthew's photograph.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

OMG! How eerie!! Thanks for sharing that. Yes, I would say that qualifies for pareidolia.
Are you sure your son didn't go look in the other end of the lens when you snapped that one? If not, then it must be a reflection from the lens, but I can't explain how it happened.

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing that with us.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Here's a photo portion of clouds in which many faces have been found. Give it a try and see what you can see.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I just tried an experiment, with interesting results. I wondered what would happen if I stared at a television screen on a static channel. After about ten minutes I began seeing swirling patterns. This evolved into a fractal, kaleidoscopic pattern of frog silhouettes. Who needs Hollywood? I'm going to just crank up the static on the television and turn on a box fan.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735

originally posted by: ronson

The last photo in your post was taken in Kirkcaldy fife Scotland
This was taken by my sisters friends
The child you see crying was being scratched nipped and bitten
The face at the bottom of the picture was that of a child believed
to have died in that house,IMHO the was not peirodolia but a genuine
haunting and the face was a ghost not someone's imagination.
I have seen the original photo taken on a camera phone and used
to have a copy, it's been all over Facebook and is well known here .

Yeah, I was reading about that before I posted it. Wow! Thank you for coming on the thread! And welcome to ATS!

I figured that one was the real deal. That's awful about the little girl being scratched and bitten. Sounds like they have themselves a demon lurking around!!

images.search.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A0LEVjT8mHZT6TEAwXcPxQt.;_ylu=X3o'___'Bsa3ZzMnBvBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--?_adv_prop=image&fr=yhs -iry-fullyhosted_003&sz=all&va=ghostly+faces&hspart=iry&hsimp=yhs-fullyhosted_003

At first glance, it seems to be an ordinary snap of a group of young people. But look more carefully and there appears to be an extraordinary, ghostly presence among them. Peeping out between the knees of two of the girls is the face of a child. The eerie image - clear enough to show a pair of eyes, a nose, a mouth and hair - was captured by 17-year-old Matthew Summers on his mobile phone as he and his friends were preparing to go out. "I zoomed in to my sister's mate's little sister who was crying and I saw a face," Matthew said. "You can see all the facial expressions and everything. "Usually when you see pictures like that it's a blur but this one is really weird. "I was really shocked because I don't believe in that stuff." Matthew took the picture in his sister's friend's front room in Billingham, Teesside. "I've sent it to my girlfriend and she thinks it's a bit weird," he added. His photo joins a long line of apparently paranormal snaps. The most memorable in recent times was a cloaked figure photographed standing in a doorway at Hampton Court Palace in 2003. However, Ciaran O'Keeffe, a parapsychologist on Living TV's Most Haunted show, has a more down-to-earth explanation for the "child" in Matthew's photograph.

This photo has been doing the rounds for quite sometime and the back story changes location so much it's impossible to know where it originated from. Even in this thread we have ronson claiming it was taken at their sister's friends house in Kirkcaldy in Scotland, whereas in the text you've posted it is claimed that the photo was taken by Matthew Summers at his sister's friend's house in Billingham Teeside, which is in the North East of England, so obviously it can't be both, and to be fair, I have never heard that it originated in Kirkcaldy, it's always the North of England, so perhaps ronson could clear that up by giving us some more details?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Here is my contribution to this thread.
One night I heard a noise outside and looked out my doorwall
and was immediately freaked by what I saw. It only took
a second for me to realize that the ape with a demon
on it's shoulder was actually a filthy window from my dogs
pawing at it. lol

I had to snap a photo of it as proof not everything
you see in a photo is real. Well, yes, it is a real
dirty window, but nothing paranormal about it.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I did a google on "hearing voices and music in white noise." Apparently this is a very common phenomenon. Good to know I'm not a loony. If I am, at least I have plenty of company.
www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox&channel=sb< br />

Science has to have an answer for everything. Not saying they are wrong, but in some cases, what people hear during the alpha state IS coming from the spiritual realm. This is when our brain is in the correct state to pick up on 'the other side' easily.
Alpha waves occur at different stages of the wake-sleep cycle. The state most researched is during the relaxed mental state, when people are at rest with eyes closed, but not tired or asleep. They can be washing dishes, mowing the grass, or anything where the mind is not really focused... just kind of in a 'daydream' state.

Ever hear of the spirit ghost box that some ghost hunters use? The voice uses the white noise to form words. This works because I've seen many voices respond intelligently to questions that were asked. Like, "what's my name?" , and the voice coming through would say their name. That's only one example.

I think the exploding head explanation, as scientists call it, are real voices that we can hear as we enter into the alpha cycle.
I was dozing off one night when a male voice almost screamed my name right in my ear, causing me to jump awake, expecting someone to be standing there.

I'm not trying to convince you all that everything that happens like this is paranormal, but keep an open mind, because sometimes... it is.

edit on 5/17/2014 by sled735 because: fix format

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Here's a photo portion of clouds in which many faces have been found. Give it a try and see what you can see.

I see three. How many do everyone else see?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I just tried an experiment, with interesting results. I wondered what would happen if I stared at a television screen on a static channel. After about ten minutes I began seeing swirling patterns. This evolved into a fractal, kaleidoscopic pattern of frog silhouettes. Who needs Hollywood? I'm going to just crank up the static on the television and turn on a box fan.

Ha!
Yeah! Who needs those expensive cable bills anyway?!

Rock on!!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: virraszto

Hey! That does look like an ape, but I see two demons! LOL Great catch of pareidolia!

Thanks for sharing with us.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
In fact here's a link with a number of comments about the picture and although I've only read a few of the responses, so far I have seen at least a dozen responses saying "That was my friends wife" "The pic was taken in belfast" "It was taken in Irvine" and so on and so on. So if ronson is being truthful perhaps they could give us more information.

But there are lots of links to similar sites, all saying the same thing that the photo has been credited to a cast of thousands and has been doing the rounds for years

ghost child picture comments

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: destination now

Yes, I've seen it several times myself.
One thing Ronson said that I hadn't heard previously was about the child being bitten and scratched. I hope he/she will come back to discuss this further. I would like this mystery cleared up as well.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Okay, I'll go first. Here is a picture of my cousin's late husband standing beside a tree he planted when they were first married. There is no tree there where he is... it's his ghost!

I've shared this in a few threads, but I'll share it again here.

NEXT

I see a vague silhouette of a person...could be a girl in a dress?

Could be a case of pareidolia, or fake, from my point of view.

What makes you so sure - and, more importantly, why should I, a disinterested observer, believe - that this is an image of your cousin's deceased husband?

And why is the pic so darn fuzzy?

I'd buy a new camera, seriously...

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

There is a story behind the timing of this. I'll have to find where I've posted that before because I don't have time to do it again.
Gotta run right now. Sorry.

The picture was fuzzy because it was taken with a very cheap cell phone when they first came out with cameras. And it was snowing, which makes it look even fuzzier.

I really don't care if you or anyone else believes it. Just sharing it.

edit on 5/17/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

a reply to: destination now

Yes, I've seen it several times myself.
One thing Ronson said that I hadn't heard previously was about the child being bitten and scratched. I hope he/she will come back to discuss this further. I would like this mystery cleared up as well.

That stories that I've read about the picture (and there are many lol) is that the child was scared of the ghost, was having her hair pulled, wanted her ghost friend in the picture and also that they had been scratched by the ghost, but as I've continued reading the comments on the link I posted, many people seem to think that the crying child has actually been photoshopped in and to be fair, she does look out of place and it's strange that all of these girls are just ignoring this bawling child. Who knows, but I tend to think the picture is fake, though would appreciate if ronson would return to the thread and give further info.

Edit to add..I've now finished reading the thread I linked to and can assure you that this did not happen in Kirkcaldy in Scotland, it was actually taken in Stanley, County Durham and the girls were named, not going to post the names on here, but if you read to the end of the comments you will see the names, I did a bit of searching on facebook, found one of the girls and her facebook pictures are definitely of the same girl (albeit a bit older) from the same area and others named in the thread are on her friends list, though their profiles are locked down. Still do not know about the accuracy of the ghost, if that's what it is, in the picture, but I think ronson is being economical with the truth, and that's a bit sad, because there are enough issues with people dismissing the paranormal without someone coming along and making stuff up, which ruins any credibility that there may have been

edit on 17-5-2014 by destination now because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Here's a good one...Once a friend and I were sitting by the creek, drinking beer,and just quietly staring across a pasture. Then some 'things' marched into view. Both of us simultaneously exclaimed "Are those f####ing elephant heads?!!!" It took us all of about 10 seconds to realize it was ostriches.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Three is good. I can see at least 13 in there, although other people had to find some of them and point them out to me. Some of them are of almost photogenic quality once you see them. I like yours, that's a very nice picture, with the snow and composition as well as the fun find of a personal image.

edit on 17-5-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

a reply to: CJCrawley

There is a story behind the timing of this. I'll have to find where I've posted that before because I don't have time to do it again.
Gotta run right now. Sorry.

The picture was fuzzy because it was taken with a very cheap cell phone when they first came out with cameras. And it was snowing, which makes it look even fuzzier.

I really don't care if you or anyone else believes it. Just sharing it.

I can't find the story, so I'll give you the short version.

My cousin's teenage daughter was very young when her dad died from cancer. She missed him as she was growing up, especially during holidays.
Christmas was just around the corner, and she was thinking of her dad. As she looked outside she noticed it was snowing. It was just turning dark so she quickly ran for her camera before it became too dark to get a shot of the snow.

Her mother had just bought her a new cell phone, which was one of the first to have a camera. So she went out on the back porch and snapped a picture of the tree her dad had planted when he and my cousin were first married. I think she said this was the first picture she took with it. (The tree is the one to the left of where he stands).

There was nothing where the figure stands when she took the picture, but when she uploaded it to the computer, she was shocked to see the figure standing there.
She and my cousin both said they KNOW this is him, and he is standing beside the tree to give them a sign it's him.

I think he knew how his daughter was missing him, and he just wanted to show her that he hadn't left her.
She said it gave her a good feeling knowing he is still around.

Yeah, the fuzzy part that looks like a dress is just energy that is expanding from his torso. Maybe he didn't have enough energy to hold that form very long for the picture, and he was starting to 'lose it'. I don't know.

The picture IS poor quality, thanks to a cheap camera, low light, and blowing snow. But you can still see that it's a human figure with two arms, a head, torso, and two legs.
One of the best I've seen in awhile!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join