It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medicinal Medicine, Whats Allowed to be Discussed and Whats Not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Now then,

As per the title. What is allowed and what is not regarding Medicinal Cannabis, personal experience and otherwise?

i would very much like a reply/answer from a moderator please. Preferably not just a quote from the T&C but rather a real [non ignorance] answer.

Kindest regards

Spiro
edit on 16-5-2014 by Spiro because: someone pinched my dictionary

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiro

You may be missing a couple of active threads, the kind I've never seen stay up very long before. You cannot, for sure, discuss any personal use.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

You may be missing a couple of active threads, the kind I've never seen stay up very long before. You cannot, for sure, discuss any personal use.

It appears I have. So its forbidden even though there is substantial evidence to prove it really works?

Regards

Spiro

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
People shouldn't be talking about their use of stuff like morphine or many psychoactive type pharmaceuticals either. The classification is on drug use actually You wouldn't want people breaking into your house to get your anexia or Oxycontin if they find out who you are.

It is still a controlled substance.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Let me explain.

The T&C states:

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

This means that the following are allowed:

1. Conspiracy topics regarding the drug war, corruption etc.

2. Medical studies and effects.

3. Political Legalization discussions

The aspect of personal, recreational use, WILL NOT be allowed now, nor ever and anybody breaking those rules will have their accounts Post Banned, and repeat offenders will be permanently banned.

~Tenth

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
People shouldn't be talking about their use of stuff like morphine or many psychoactive type pharmaceuticals either. The classification is on drug use actually You wouldn't want people breaking into your house to get your anexia or Oxycontin if they find out who you are.

It is still a controlled substance.

I appreciate your reply however, I am talking about Cannabis not any other drug.

Regards

Spiro

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Let me explain.

The T&C states:

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

This means that the following are allowed:

1. Conspiracy topics regarding the drug war, corruption etc.

2. Medical studies and effects.

3. Political Legalization discussions

The aspect of personal, recreational use, WILL NOT be allowed now, nor ever and anybody breaking those rules will have their accounts Post Banned, and repeat offenders will be permanently banned.

~Tenth

Many thanks for the reply, I greatly appreciate it indeed.

Given that is has been proven [cannabis] to cure many illnesses is there any scope that ATS would perhaps look into this and change the T&C accordingly should they find substantial evidence regarding the use of Medicinal Cannabis? It has been legalized in many states now so perhaps a rethink would be needed?

The reason I ask is because of this post

Kindest regards and thanks again.

Please note I am only asking questions, please don't ban me

edit on 16-5-2014 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The discussion of treatment and studies is OK.

The discussion of personal usage is NOT.

We've already made a concession by allowing these topics to begin with, as they were totally banned before. The reason they were banned is that the ' I wanna talk about how many hits on the bong I did last night" crowd were ruining the good discussions.

Let me give you an example.

This would be OK:

" Story regarding medical study where people were prescribed a quarter gram of Oil a day for consumption and then the subsequent results."

This would NOT be OK:

" Hey dude, I took hits on the bong to help me with my arthritis."

See the difference?

Nobody gets banned for asking questions.

~Tenth
edit on 5/16/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

The discussion of treatment and studies is OK.

The discussion of personal usage is NOT.

We've already made a concession by allowing these topics to begin with, as they were totally banned before. The reason they were banned is that the ' I wanna talk about how many hits on the bong I did last night" crowd were ruining the good discussions.

Let me give you an example.

This would be OK:

" Story regarding medical study where people were prescribed a quarter gram of Oil a day for consumption and then the subsequent results."

This would NOT be OK:

" Hey dude, I took hits on the bong to help me with my arthritis."

See the difference?

Nobody gets banned for asking questions.

~Tenth

Thank you very much. I now know where I stand!

When the time comes for me to put a thread together would you mind If I run it by you first so that I am in line with the T&C?

Kindest regards

Spiro
edit on 16-5-2014 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

The staff is always happy to help with that. You can use the complaint feature, or you can send me a U2U directly (I don't want to speak for all the staff but I'm sure you could send any of us a message). We'll make sure it gets to where the staff can look it over for you.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
What would the effects of alcohol be classified as? Narcotic?

Firepiston

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The staff is always happy to help with that. You can use the complaint feature, or you can send me a U2U directly (I don't want to speak for all the staff but I'm sure you could send any of us a message). We'll make sure it gets to where the staff can look it over for you.

Thank you very much. I appreciate that.

Kindest regards

Spiro

top topics

join