It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US DEA doing drug busts I the UK!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This is a bit old but just spotted it.
Due to the very disgraceful one sides Extradition Act of 2003 DEA have the Howes are facing 20 years in jail for selling red phosphorus and iodine via there legal business based here in the UK.
For those that don’t know red phosphorus and iodine are used in drug manufacturing and are tightly controlled in the USA but are unregulated in the UK.
The DEA are parts of called red dragon brought there chemicals from them while in the USA and have demanded the extradition of the UK couple.
The business is in the UK, the couple were in the UK when the sale took place and they are claiming to not have knowledge of what there product was being used for.
All I can say is how the hell can one break US law when you are not in the USA ?
If the US wants to control drug precursors then they should crack down there end and go for the buying’s not crack down on UK citizens!

What gives the US rights to arrest citizens doing legal business in there own country and enforce there laws on foreign soils? What gives them the rights to do that when its near impossible to extradite a US citizens! US double standards make me sick.

BBC

edit on 16-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Well, you see, the people in power in the united states (and unfortunately many citizens of this country) think they are all mighty.

In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised if they are testing the waters here to see what they can get away with.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: andr3w68

Well, you see, the people in power in the united states (and unfortunately many citizens of this country) think they are all mighty.

In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised if they are testing the waters here to see what they can get away with.

Its disgusting and they wonder why people are starting to hate the USA?

wont be long till we start getting gun happy US cops coming over to shoot us up.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

If the opposite happened you can be assured that many Americans would be up in arms protesting as loudly as they could - yet they seem to think it's OK that they can do it to the rest of the world.

It's an absolute disgrace to be honest.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

If the opposite happened you can be assured that many Americans would be up in arms protesting as loudly as they could - yet they seem to think it's OK that they can do it to the rest of the world.

It's an absolute disgrace to be honest.

Exactly when was the last time a American was extradited to the USA for breaking a foreign country's laws without ever being in that foreign country?

In fact when was the last time a American was extradited full stop?

link   
Funny that,

Marching hand in hand with US foreign policy directives is having adverse effects to a countries freedom and liberty? Say it ain't so...
edit on 16-5-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

wont be long till we start getting gun happy US cops coming over to shoot us up.

Just ask Kim Dotcom, he's experienced American law enforcement doing their jack-boot thug thing in New Zealand.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: benrl
Funny that,

Marching hand in hand with US foreign policy directives is having adverse effects to a countries freedom and liberty? Say it ain't so...

Yup oppressing you own countrys not good enough they have to enforce there tyranny abroad on there allies too.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I jay walk in the UK all the time, totaly legal here.

Will the USA send cops over to fine me for it? Cause its totaly illegal there.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
They might let your jay-walking go....

for now.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I think you are over-reacting to the comments made by arm-chair politicians who are gullible enough to believe what the tv and papers tell them. In the UK this goes back sadly to a time when our politicians were honourable which is a time long gone now, all they are are greedy.

I do believe that when you look at people all around the world, we all have pretty much the same goals in life,look after our families and try to improve our standard of living. Most of us see the celebrity politicians and the moguls behind the scene manipulating policy and the way the elite obviously hate the rest of the world.

I've noticed on several occasions people saying that the people of a country are responsible for their government's or dictator's decisions and actions. But in truth we all know they are not. Today if one stands out and criticises the elite one either has an accident, commits enforced suicide, gets murdered or has their character assassinated and so looses everything.

I think people are becoming well aware of these methods and are pretty sick of them - I suspect we would all stand shoulder to shoulder against these tactics regardless of where we actually live. I suspecgt its why the psychology of the police has been subtly changed in that they now seem to have been accepted (as minions) of the elite and work purely to frighten the public by their strong-arm tactics as they are the safety net protecting manhy of these heinous individuals who shoulod be facing prosecuting for crimes against humanity.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: andr3w68
They might let your jay-walking go....

for now.

No doubt its on a NSA record haha

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
As a UK resident who works in the LEGAL cannabis industry can I say that it is up to the business owner to check and comply with all laws.

For instance, I work with the oldest seeds company in the world that is based in the EU but they cannot and will not sell seeds to people in America regardless of state due to the federal ban.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: michaelmcclen
As a UK resident who works in the LEGAL cannabis industry can I say that it is up to the business owner to check and comply with all laws.

For instance, I work with the oldest seeds company in the world that is based in the EU but they cannot and will not sell seeds to people in America regardless of state due to the federal ban.

Sure they should have been more careful.

But how can one break the USA laws when you are NOT in the USA.

They should stand trial in the UK at most.
Plus is it fair that the USA can demand this while the USA will not extradite there own citizens?
Should the UK politicians have inflicted the 2003 extradition act on us?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Ease up a little on the Anti-America stuff here. It's not the US to be pissed at. The American DEA can't say boo where they aren't invited and openly permitted to operate by the host Government.

People are mad at Washington when London is who makes the call on this one. Think globally perhaps, but protest locally. Those allowing it have a British accent, not an American one.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

"A British couple could face 20 years in a US jail after being arrested on claims that they supplied a huge amount of chemicals to US."

They did break the law, they imported illegal/controlled substances into the US. As much as I despise the way the US likes to extridite anyone and everyone they can for anything they deem fit. It's up to our spineless politicians to stand up for them. That being said, I know all the risks of working in my industry, why shouldn't they when it reads like they make ALOT more than I do!
edit on 16-5-2014 by michaelmcclen because: spelling and grammar

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
Ease up a little on the Anti-America stuff here. It's not the US to be pissed at. The American DEA can't say boo where they aren't invited and openly permitted to operate by the host Government.

People are mad at Washington when London is who makes the call on this one. Think globally perhaps, but protest locally. Those allowing it have a British accent, not an American one.

Fair point. We should be asking why are our politicians allowing the USA to operate in the UK?

My apologizes if it came off as a Anti US rant but you would be pretty pissed too if UK cops were arresting US citizens for breaking UK laws when they never even went to the UK.

The 2003 extradition act is a abomination.

I know the majority of US people likely do not support there government actions in this and its the US government not the people inflicting its tyranny abroad.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: michaelmcclen

"A British couple could face 20 years in a US jail after being arrested on claims that they supplied a huge amount of chemicals to US."

They did break the law, they imported illegal/controlled substances into the US. As much as I despise the way the US likes to extridite anyone and everyone they can for anything they deem fit. It's up to our spineless politicians to stand up for them. That being said, I know all the risks of working in my industry, why shouldn't they when it reads like they make ALOT more than I do!

Then they should face trial in the UK.
Yes our spineless politicians should stand up for them

I argue how can you Break a country's law when you are not IN that country.

If the DEA were pissed at what they were importing they should just cease there goods there end and arrest the buyers. they would stop importing quickly if there goods were just seized at the border.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I jay walk in the UK all the time, totaly legal here.

Will the USA send cops over to fine me for it? Cause its totaly illegal there.

Watch out buddy. The NSA is listening.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

This is a bit old but just spotted it.
Due to the very disgraceful one sides Extradition Act of 2003 DEA have the Howes are facing 20 years in jail for selling red phosphorus and iodine via there legal business based here in the UK.
For those that don’t know red phosphorus and iodine are used in drug manufacturing and are tightly controlled in the USA but are unregulated in the UK.
The DEA are parts of called red dragon brought there chemicals from them while in the USA and have demanded the extradition of the UK couple.
The business is in the UK, the couple were in the UK when the sale took place and they are claiming to not have knowledge of what there product was being used for.
All I can say is how the hell can one break US law when you are not in the USA ?
If the US wants to control drug precursors then they should crack down there end and go for the buying’s not crack down on UK citizens!

What gives the US rights to arrest citizens doing legal business in there own country and enforce there laws on foreign soils? What gives them the rights to do that when its near impossible to extradite a US citizens! US double standards make me sick.

BBC

I have to agree with you on this. You shouldn't be held accountable by a foreign power for doing what is legal in your country. I would be just as outraged at Mexico demanding gun sellers in the US being arrested for selling a legal product in the US. I would hope our government would tell them to FOAD and I hope the UK says the same to the DEA.

DEA is one of those alphabet agencies that is engaging in a war of sorts against their own citizens, arresting people for things like buying hydroponic growing supplies, and now they want to bring that idiocy to your shores.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join