It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Assaults Kindergartner

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This is Ian. On May 7th his teacher assaulted him as he came out of the bathroom.

There is a video of the entire assault, but I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to embed it. It's available at the link below.

When I first saw this, it absolutely knocked me breathless. I'm angry to my core and frustrated that there's nothing I can do.

I know, in reason, this isn't the first case; and I'm convinced it won't be the last. Our poor children.

A Riverdale teacher has been suspended for 10 days after a security camera showed her pushing a kindergartner against a wall and then lifting him up by his shirt and face.

Barb Williams, a kindergarten teacher at the school, was suspended for the remainder of the school year as the district continues looking into the incident, Superintendent Eric Hoffman said Wednesday.

Hoffman said the district is unsure whether it will pursue further disciplinary measures against the teacher.

Video Causes Teacher's Suspension

Oh my, an unpaid 10 day suspension for the last 10 days of school. How cruel. And the district isn't sure whether they'll "punish" her further or not? How is this type of action NOT grounds for immediate dismissal? revocation of teaching license? criminal charges?

The teacher, Barb Williams, has retained an attorney. Perhaps she might also consider obtaining a Kevlar vest.

J

Whether we have children or not, each of us need to get involved in what the children are being taught, how they are being taught, and who is doing the teaching. The PTB need to be reminded that the country's children are students in a school building and not criminals in a penal institution; that teachers are educators and not prison guards; that it is never acceptable to bully a child no matter who is doing the bullying.

Yes, this country has massive problems...this is one of them. benrl is right! This system needs to be demolished and rebuilt from scratch. But how do we go about getting started??

The future of the world is in the hands of the children. In the words of one my favorite songs "Teach the children well!"
edit on 5/15/2014 by LadyJae because: formatting and added comments buried in thread

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Isn't it funny how bullies flock to jobs with authority.

Perhaps deeper psychological profiling needs to be done for such jobs.

Cops, Teachers, Politicians, etc.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: benrl

OH, you are so very right, benrl! Has our society gone completely insane or are we just hearing more about these sort of things? This incident would have gone unchallenged had another staff member not have spoken up about seeing the video.

Thank you for embedding the video

J

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
10 days??? That's it? If the kid had done that to another student he would have received more than 10 days. Hell... You can chew your chicken finger into the shape of a gun and get expelled for the whole damn year!

I'm with you OP. This got my blood boiling. If it had been my daughter and I had seen that, I would have gotten more than 10 days in jail. And it would have been worth every bit of it.

I keep telling myself that my daughter has 2 more years. Just 2 more years. I swear. The public reeducation camps are a breeding ground for so many other nefarious activities, I am not surprised so many graduate and can't read.

I just can't even... I mean c'mon. Seriously? How is that even remotely ok?

There shouldn't even be a question of whether this woman will ever teach again. She should also not be getting early vacation. She should be very afraid to go home after this and attempt to enjoy her "time off".

No excuse. NONE

edit on 5/15/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyJae

originally posted by: benrl

OH, you are so very right, benrl! Has our society gone completely insane or are we just hearing more about these sort of things? This incident would have gone unchallenged had another staff member not have spoken up about seeing the video.

Thank you for embedding the video

J

It tends to be the case that those who seek power, have always been the people who don't deserve it.

its why we should guard all positions where we place one person over another, even the sanest of us can be tempted by such post.

Look at The Milgram experiment , its human nature to subjugate those we label as "lesser" than us.

By default giving authority over another presents this dynamic, that if not guarded against can be abused.

People charged over our children should be held to the Highest of scruitney, its why I oppose Police and Teacher unions.

As the general nature of the job, and the general nature of unions, are a bad combo.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
She shouldn't be allowed to teach anymore, anywhere. I don't see how they can only give her a ten day suspension. If she returns to teach, how will parents feel about sending their kids to that school with this teacher there? How will the students who know about the incident feel..
Revoke her teaching license. Hit her with some criminal charges.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Metal detectors, "resource" officers, K-9s, locked doors. Are they really trying to protect our children or putting up barriers to prevent parents from easily walking in and catching this sort of thing while its happening? Who protects the children from the ones who are "protecting" them??

You're right! Expelled for eating a chicken finger into the (somewhat) shape of a gun, accused of sexual harassment for telling another child to pull up their pants...I could go on. This country's education system and institutions have gone to hell in a handbasket.

I tell you, Kanga, I would quickly find out where this...person...does her grocery shopping.

J

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
10 days is a freaking joke. You should not be able to return as a teacher after assaulting a child. Granted, that was pretty tame compared to some things I've seen (including in person) but what happens next time? Is she being suspended while they investigate further or is that the end of her punishment (I might have missed it)? Why should the kid have to switch schools? The teacher messed up and it's a lot harder for a kid to go through this nonsense and then have to make new friends and adapt to a new environment.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

It tends to be the case that those who seek power, have always been the people who don't deserve it.

its why we should guard all positions where we place one person over another, even the sanest of us can be tempted by such post.

Beautifully said, benrl! Now put that great mind to work and help me come up with viable solutions. I will present the case and the suggestions to the school board.

J

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Havox
She shouldn't be allowed to teach anymore, anywhere. I don't see how they can only give her a ten day suspension. If she returns to teach, how will parents feel about sending their kids to that school with this teacher there? How will the students who know about the incident feel..
Revoke her teaching license. Hit her with some criminal charges.

No, she should not! She should have been dismissed immediately, in my personal opinion.

She didn't even bother to look for anyone/anything watching her. I have a feeling she has done this very thing before and gotten away with it.

J

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyJae

Beautifully said, benrl! Now put that great mind to work and help me come up with viable solutions. I will present the case and the suggestions to the school board.

J

My solution?

If and when I have kids, I won't let the Government be in charge of their education.

Not in its current state, the American Education system is lost, it needs to be torn down and reworked from the ground up.

The problem of course, is as always, special interest lobbying.

Americas Political system is in no shape to handle any real problems, only prolong them.

I wouldn't even know where to begin the reform for education, I just know that the process of fixing anything can't begin under the current political climate.

Just look at health care.

Or for that matter anything Governments Touched in the past 50 years.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
10 days is a freaking joke. You should not be able to return as a teacher after assaulting a child. Granted, that was pretty tame compared to some things I've seen (including in person) but what happens next time? Is she being suspended while they investigate further or is that the end of her punishment (I might have missed it)? Why should the kid have to switch schools? The teacher messed up and it's a lot harder for a kid to go through this nonsense and then have to make new friends and adapt to a new environment.

(Superintendent) Hoffman said the district is unsure whether it will pursue further disciplinary measures against the teacher.

Sounds like Ms. Williams isn't the only one who needs replaced.

J

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I don't think she should be prohibited from teaching, I think they should just transfer her to the South Side of Chicago. I look forward to seeing how that works out for her.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Not everyone is fortunate enough, benrl, to home-school their children. And while that is a solid solution for our own children, what about the ones trapped in this sorry system?

That is what frustrates me so badly about this. Essentially, there is NO solution but to home-school. There is no "perfect" school, there are no completely "trust-worthy" educators. In this sick and twisted world of today, most everyone and everything has a price. In this case, the price is our children's future.

J

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyJae

Excellent question about who protects them from those who protect them. I don't have a good answer. If a parent had been caught doing this, CPS would have been called in immediately. I guess it's different when it's not the parent.

I am the type of parent that always asks my daughter what she did. Whenever she would come home complaining about how mean a teacher was to her, my first question was... What did you do? I am by far not a parent who goes through life thinking my daughter walks on water and acts at school like she does when I am standing there. I was the first one who wanted to know if there were problems. BUT I am also the type of parent that will not hesitate to pull up in front of the school to have an impromptu meeting IF my child has been done a disservice. I have only had to do that 3 times in the 11 years she has been attending school.

Hell would've had no fury like a parent scorned had I seen this. Not only if it was my daughter, but also another child. This little boy isn't even old enough for her to claim he was really some sort of threat. I would bet, if he were a threat she would have never put her hands in him like she did.

The teachers are perfectly welcome to not like my daughter. They ARE not welcome to demean her, or to put their hands on her at any time. This teacher picked that boy up like she was a regular thug. It certainly didn't appear that this was new behavior to her. It makes me wonder how many times she has done this and just hasn't been caught. She was way to comfortable.

I am with you. It would take a long time for my anger to burn off. It would be in her best interest to leave the area for a while.

I can almost bet that after this story really spreads, more kids will come forward. I swear she just looked to comfortable for this to have been the first time she went this far.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam
I don't think she should be prohibited from teaching, I think they should just transfer her to the South Side of Chicago. I look forward to seeing how that works out for her.

LOL! That's a thought, imwilliam. BUT we can't expect the children to solve the adults' problems. Besides, it would be the children who bore the consequences of their actions. I would much prefer it be Ms. Williams.

J

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I can almost bet that after this story really spreads, more kids will come forward. I swear she just looked to comfortable for this to have been the first time she went this far.

My thoughts exactly! How many times has this heifer done this and gotten away with it??

I'm not a young woman anymore, but I promise you that she would have had third and fourth thoughts about repeating that behavior if that had been my child or if I had been close enough while it happened to anyone else's.

Going to jail, paying a fine? Small price to pay for preventing another child from being brutalized.

J

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Good grief. She's lucky that kid's mom isn't anything like my wife or she'd be doing 10 days in ICU.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Good grief. She's lucky that kid's mom isn't anything like my wife or she'd be doing 10 days in ICU.

I simply don't know of a valid reason for an adult to treat a little one that way. I have to wonder just how eager he'll be to return to school next year or the year after that. I want to cry when I think of how scared that little fellow must have been.

It seems your wife and I think alike

J

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The parents need to sue. If faced with a lawsuit, the school won't risk bringing her back. Somehow, I have a feeling she be teaching anymore anyways.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join