It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Assaults Kindergartner

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Common reaction among Millennials that utube videos are judge and jury and no other explanation is allowed or discussed. The cause and effect of the situation is simply a mute point-because your expected to parlay the entire incident from a few seconds of video.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyJae
I would agree that there should be immediate termination, however the teachers union would not stand for a teacher being immediately terminated. We can only hope that they go through with the prosecution and this teacher is forced to resign from the position and then let go.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: spooky24
Common reaction among Millennials that utube videos are judge and jury and no other explanation is allowed or discussed. The cause and effect of the situation is simply a mute point-because your expected to parlay the entire incident from a few seconds of video.

The video is from a security camera in the school.

Cause and effect? That implies the child did something deserving of his teacher's actions. There is nothing that could possibly justify an attack on a 6 year-old by an adult.

J

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
I would agree that there should be immediate termination, however the teachers union would not stand for a teacher being immediately terminated. We can only hope that they go through with the prosecution and this teacher is forced to resign from the position and then let go.

I can't help but think that, with the evidence, the union itself would call for her termination. Something is inherently wrong with a system that protects those who abuse their position of trust.

J

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I would agree, but it is not uncommon. If you look at some of the cases that have come before where the teacher should have been terminated, but due to the Teachers Union getting involved, they made it all but impossible to get rid of.
The last noted case was where the teacher was convicted of raping a child, and the Union fought to where he was able to get a 10K severance pay. It took a public shaming of the district and the union before that was changed, and all the teacher got was a 1 month sentence.

And bit of a search, reveals that this is just the tip of the ice berg, where time and time again, a teacher, in a position of authority, was either accused of or convicted and still had the backing of the Union who would not allow for the teacher to either be dismissed or go without compensation. It stinks, and ultimately this needs to change.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
I would agree, but it is not uncommon. If you look at some of the cases that have come before where the teacher should have been terminated, but due to the Teachers Union getting involved, they made it all but impossible to get rid of.

The last noted case was where the teacher was convicted of raping a child, and the Union fought to where he was able to get a 10K severance pay. It took a public shaming of the district and the union before that was changed, and all the teacher got was a 1 month sentence.

It stinks, and ultimately this needs to change.

Yes, it most definitely needs to change! That's why I keep saying over and over "get involved and stay involved". Just because these incidents involve another's child is no reason to stand back and do nothing.

Unless we begin somewhere, the status quo remains.

Thank you, sdcigar, for your participation here. It is much appreciated.

J
edit on 5/18/2014 by LadyJae because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join