It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you brave enough to try this?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

yeah, that thing can still go straight to hell, lol

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

lol.

speaking of trusses..i remember a time when i had to get a line across a warehouse...after about an hour of looking for ANY other way to do it, i determined that the ONLY way to get the line from point A to point B, was to run it high....

i ended up attaching the line to my tool vest, and sidewalking across the trusses at the ceiling..about 40-50 feet in the air...300 feet of VERY careful movement....took me around an hour to get it all the way over.....and once i did, and i pulled the slack i needed to get it down to ground level, i had to go all the way back over to where i started....man, my arms were SO tired by the time i was done..

despite that, it was a hell of a lot of fun..

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think I would try that. Although it's easy to say that from the comfort of my couch! There are some cliffside walkways I would like to visit which look spectacular and frightening at the same time. These include the Chong Kang cliff path and Spains Caminito del Rey which is currently being restored.

resources3.news.com.au...

www.google.ie...

Closest I've come to anything like this is climbing Irelands Skellig Michael. It's not high compared to the others but its a climb up over 600 stone stairs carved from the rock. A couple of tourists slipped and fell to their deaths about five years ago.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Havox
No thanks. I don't mind being up high, it's looking straight down or going back down that scares me.
I'll just leave this here as well :

as someone who wants to do this for a profession, the tilty window doesnt look that scary. im a carpenter so im up on sketchy scaffolds all day anyway.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower has glass windows that stick out side the building that you literally walk out onto and have had no problems. I did it and it was a Blast!!!!!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Funny in a weird way.. I have flown all my life both big and small aircraft and have even done Acro during airshows in my own super duper Swiftfire. Never have I been afraid of heights in an aircraft.... kinda did not want to run out of said heights unless it was a planned touch and go or landing...

At the grand canyon I walked up to the edge and I had to get on my butt and make myself butt walk the last few feet... I did this several times making myself overcome the fear of that mile high perch.. After a few times I could actually walk to the edge without the feeling my butt orifice was trying to eat my heart out..

Acclimation is a positive trait in the human species.. I think about the guys who built many of the sky scrapers in a long ago past.. These guys walked the steal structures with no safety devices and built buildings still standing today in New York.. Not all survived but it is surprising what we as a species can accomplish when there is money to be made or a desire is to be fulfilled.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

No I am definitely not brave enough. The Arch was bad enough for me, and the only reason I did that was for my kids. I would not have been much of a mother had I not taken my kids to see the gateway arch...

Now that I did my job... I'm quite done with cultural experiences that involve heights.

i brought my current wife there.

never had been up it before. i worked in st Louis for 2 yrs at the time.

pretty cool, tho.

i envy people with no fear of heights.

i could climb faster than any of my friends but there came a time i was scared #less to get back down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join