It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tree Whisperer

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Erlandson, born in 1884 has a passion for sculpting trees, also known as arborsculpture. As a young boy, the Swedish born grew up becoming a bean farmer in Central California near Turlock. There, inspired when he noticed that trees of the same species would naturally "inosculate" or bond together where they touch, he began to shape trees. It started out as a hobby for the amusement of himself and his family but turned into his life's work as his tree creations brought more and more attention from the public. Using a special set of skills, Erlandson started to sculpt things out of living, growing trees.

enlightened-consciousness.com...

IN 1947 he opened a park to display his trees in. 70 strange looking trees where displayed in total. When Erlandson was asked how he created his amazing treees he replied he simply talked to his trees. To this day his method remains a mystery.

However he achieved them does not negate from the fact that they look really beautiful.

purp

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Some of those designs are beautiful. Maybe when the tree is young he shapes it every so often so it grows that way. How ever he does it, they look amazing.
Can he talk to trees? maybe who knows. Some people have amazing abilities even they don't understand.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Wow incredible....!

I wonder how he did it... I have never seen anything like this in my life...! Are the trees still there...? What an amazing talent that man had - it is kinda nice we do not know how he did it... Love lifes mysteries...

Ty for sharing purp...

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Wow that is wild! I want to know what the trees said though.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Wow, that is crazy!
Reminds me of a tree on my road that has like 2 feet of normal trunk from the ground and they it splits and forms a perfect U for the next 10 feet or so.
Good find, thanks OP

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Star for this interesting find! Yet personally I prefer random pattern natural growing threes. Cheers!

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Wow, that is crazy!
Reminds me of a tree on my road that has like 2 feet of normal trunk from the ground and they it splits and forms a perfect U for the next 10 feet or so.
Good find, thanks OP

You should take a pic and share it in here. I'd love to see it!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
COOL

new topics

top topics

join