It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Blow to Rebels as Syrian Army regians control of Homs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

www.buenosairesherald.com...

After holding the Old City of Homs for nearly two years, close to 1,200 rebel fighters boarded buses which took them out of the "capital of the revolution" in convoys, activists said.

They were driven to rebel-held territory outside the city under a deal agreed between the insurgents and forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad.

Rebels smiled to cameras as they left, but the fall of Syria's third largest city to government forces is a major blow to the opposition and a boost for Assad weeks before his likely re-election.

Homs before War

Homs after War

Am curious to see how the shills justify this war

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Did the rebels do that, or was it Govt. forces? Curious to see how the shills justify Assad's attacks on Homs.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Both sides have committed war crimes over there but I would rather Assad in than a religious theocracy over coming Syria.
Just hope the war is short and the people can get together and rebuild in peace.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Did the rebels do that, or was it Govt. forces? Curious to see how the shills justify Assad's attacks on Homs.

You don't attack your own territory you reclaim it . Whats next, Are you going to say Rebels are the good guys ?

edit on 11-5-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

You don't attack your own territory you reclaim it . Whats next you are going to say Rebels are the good guys ?

And the justification has happened.
Fact: The picture of Homs is a result of ASSAD's bombing and shelling, the rebels did not do that.

There is no good guy, only which guy started it and which guy is worse. In both cases it's Assad.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

And the justification has happened.
Fact: The picture of Homs is a result of ASSAD's bombing and shelling, the rebels did not do that.

There is no good guy, only which guy started it and which guy is worse. In both cases it's Assad.

OH really we had a country Syria which was a secular country respecting all riligions and now we have Rebels, who are basically Al Quida and Taliban who are hell bent on invoking Sharia law in the country . Assad is an Angel as compared to Rebels , that is a well known fact .

Syrian cities were destroyed due to heavy Urban warfare not because of bombings . Rebels would Destroy infrastructure and houses while retreating so that that area they lost cannot be used by Syrian army

Rebels which are basically everyone from middle east but Syrians are fighting for Syria's freedom ? lol...is this a bad joke ?

edit on 11-5-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I work with a syrian girl whom has lived in the UK for 10 years and she told me If the rebels take over she can never go back to her homeland because she is not religious and very westernised.
I will take the lesser of two evils anyday....a religious theocracy is the worst kind of evil going.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Fact: The picture of Homs is a result of ASSAD's bombing and shelling, the rebels did not do that. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

No of course they haven't the cute, friendly arent responsible for any of the crimes its always either blame Assad or Gaddaif but not the Saudis Qatar backed terrorists.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

How about blaming the REAL criminals in the world? How about blaming the IMF and their evil minions in the US and the EU?

Banksters and their corporate and politicians - who are pocketing money in their own personal accounts - for the destruction of good, hard-working people all over the world - and taking US (the few that are left with jobs) tax money to foment WW3 so they can relish in the depopulation of "those stupid slaves".

Just say no to the NWO. Stop being thier slave. Put those criminals behind bars, and then to the gallows.

US citizens have nothing against the middle eastern peoples - only the banksters do-----

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Well, the West took their best shot and missed. Spectacularly. The only thing worse than taking out the wrong leader is to try and not succeed. Bashar is a young looking guy. We could be dealing with him by necessity for a long time. (Ala Iran but much harder feelings). Ooops really doesn't cover this fur ball of a mess. If only we could have stayed out of it.

I think this was almost inevitable when the Rebels starting infighting for real. The Jihadi side and the actual Syrian side of the Rebels have been doing that for awhile, to go by news out of there. Pretty viciously, too. That was the beginning of the end, IMO. Now they're losing the strongholds and being pushed into the desert, where air and armor make it short.

We tried......and really? Never should have.

Just my two carrots of opinion into the mix.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Can you feel the desperate bankster wars coming to america? Can you see the one party/bankster system of dems and repubs pushing for amnesty for the drug cartels which they have armed - like they did the "rebels" of syria - all the while attempting to disarm american citizens?

People wake up and smell the coffee..... The banksters have stolen as much as they can and are looking for new bloodshed amongst the idiots - to further their corporate weapon/money making schemes.

Are we all really this stupid? How many more innocent people have to die before we realize who the world-wide enemy is?

PS - russia and putin are working with the US/obozo and the EU for depopulation. There are much more of us than "them".

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

So when its the USA bombing Fallujah to the ground, its the rebels fault because they're the ones attacking troops and killing Marines.

But when its Assad bombing Homs to the ground, its Assad's fault because he's shooting at the rebels.

Its WAR! huh, you know what that's good for? Construction contracts and munitions bills.. c'mon sing it with me..

Assad wouldn't have aimed for Homs, if the rebels didn't take Homs and use it as a base for their civil war. There's plenty of cities Assads left alone because there's no rebels there.

For the record.. both Syria and Libya seemed content and satisfied under their respective leaders. For decades!
Then all of a sudden, some small group saw an opportune time to stoke conflict.. which lead to one, two, three accidental deaths.. which led to armed protests.. which led to rocks and barricades.. which led to Molotov's and snipers.

I get the feeling this conflict is some groups meddling in foreign politics deliberately stoking unrest. I'll always support the local government fighting back the saboteurs!

But.. I understand why Americans are so upset over Ukraine and Syria. It cost the Americans hundreds of billions to bomb, sorry, deliver Baghdad to Democracy.

Russia seems to be able to do it with a few Ak's.

edit on am454318112014-05-11T04:54:33-05:00042014p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Happy1

PS - russia and putin are working with the US/obama and the EU for depopulation. There are much more of us than "them".

I almost hope that's true. The alternative is a roll back to the cold war with a much worse set of dynamics going on.

How many recall what that represents and why it's important? I do..I wish I didn't..and my worst fear at this moment is that it's about to become something my son will have to understand. He should never have had to.

If they're really working together...what makes that chart important, isn't relevant, and that's a lot in itself. If they aren't? Then simply put.. Every one of us old enough to have done more and didn't, to stop all this? Failed our kids. Terribly.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
Well, the West took their best shot and missed. Spectacularly. The only thing worse than taking out the wrong leader is to try and not succeed. Bashar is a young looking guy. We could be dealing with him by necessity for a long time. (Ala Iran but much harder feelings). Ooops really doesn't cover this fur ball of a mess. If only we could have stayed out of it.

I think this was almost inevitable when the Rebels starting infighting for real. The Jihadi side and the actual Syrian side of the Rebels have been doing that for awhile, to go by news out of there. Pretty viciously, too. That was the beginning of the end, IMO. Now they're losing the strongholds and being pushed into the desert, where air and armor make it short.

We tried......and really? Never should have.

Just my two carrots of opinion into the mix.

Yup when Assad finishes mopping up and regains control of Syria he is going to be pissed at the USA, UK and France.

We made a enemy for life after our half arsed attempt to get involved.
edit on 11-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
If so many people hated Assad in Syria like they told us two years ago then he would be long dead by now but hey I am still wating for these "Within months" when Iran will anounce it has built a nuke.

Say what you like but just don't mention Isreal or it's nukes because they own all our banks.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Assad worse than a recognized terrorist organization of religious fanatics that used chemical weapons and cannibalized their enemies on video?

Also you dont know that Assad did that. The rebels claimed Assads jets bombed a Mosque, then video and the truth emerged and it was in fact the rebels. They also blew up several govt buildings. You seem to under estimate their weaponry.

So yes the rebels could and very possibly did destroy Homs.

Assad isnt a good guy, but the rebels are much worse.

rebels destroy mosque

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
After a couple seconds of research.. you are wrong. Assad did shell suspected strongholds, but the rebels made a hobby out of planting explosives and blowing up buildings.

I found half a dozen instances of them planting explosives and blowing up buildings in just a second long search. Assad isnt trying to destroy the country he rules. The rebels however arent even from Syria and went on a spree of blowing g up buildings.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
No gas pipe and religious control over Syria for Saudi Arabia. How are they now gonna get the gas pipe from Iran to EU to not be built? A cold war to protect the Petrodollar?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
No gas pipe and religious control over Syria for Saudi Arabia. How are they now gonna get the gas pipe from Iran to EU to not be built? A cold war to protect the Petrodollar?

IMO, the gas pipeline is the whole issue in Syria.

Russia wants no pipe (to protect Gazprom) unless they can "own" it.

Saudi Arabia/Qatar wants their own Sunni pipe, not a Shiite "owned" pipe.

Turkey is heavy Sunni.

This war will last a long time.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If we had supported the original Syrian rebels fully rather then our half assed attempt, things might have succeeded. Instead, we ignored the actual Syrian opposition and we backed foreign jihadis , ignoring who those jihadis were and how they acted. Our first experience in Afghanistan in the 90's or Libya backing Islamic radicals should have told us how that would end. Somehow we thought radical non Syrian Islamic jihadis would lead to Western democracy. God are our leaders idiots.

The original Syrians who rebelled were worth supporting, instead we supported crazy homicidal foreign Islamic terrorists, what a great plan. What ended up happening the first time we tried this? Where do those jihadis go after they are forced to leave Syria? I guess our best scenario now is Assad at least kills off all the foreign jihadis before they flee and start to attack us. Somehow we created a even more radical group of A.C. then we did the first time in Afghanistan. Those foreign jihadis need to be destroyed before they disperse and cause us more grief in the future.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join